Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

QwibQwib
12.20.2012 , 06:33 PM | #4311
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
i remember that episode omg its was so ridiculous, especially showing the wrong game lol
The scene with Han and Chewie: "You can't avoid this subject forever!"
I feel like we're Han, and EA/Bioware is Chewie.
"Amor omnibus idem" - "Love is the same for all"

DarthAeonis
12.20.2012 , 06:36 PM | #4312
anyway as i was trollin swtor.com i was lookin at the companions page and noticed something. when giving companions gifts some gifts tend to differ on effectiveness depending on the gender givin to them ie. courting gifts and while some companions are indifferent to same sex ppl givin them gifts others tended to not mind (as in actually like or love them regardless) like Doc (which him bein bi not very surprising) point is is made me wonder if they had planned on truly implementing gender check romances and just locked them at launch. havent actually tried courting all companions in game so dont kno how true it is or if im just grasping at straws but i found it interesting.
"Evil is an illusion, there is only victory."

DarthAeonis
12.20.2012 , 06:37 PM | #4313
Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
lol right

SirGladiator
12.20.2012 , 07:31 PM | #4314
I noticed something interesting last night, as I was looking at the 'Legacy' options that my characters had. I had wondered, but never actually bothered to check to see, and sure enough, no gender check! So I have the option to have my female Sith and female Jedi be married if I so desire (still toying with the idea, but I really want my female Sith Sorcerer with Ashara, and my female Jedi Warrior with Kira, not with each other, although its certainly an appealing backup plan). There is literally same-sex marriage in the game, RIGHT NOW. It seems like getting rid of the gender check for the romances that are already in the game, in addition to being quite simple and something that should be done ASAP, would also be less controversial than what's already in the game. Just an interesting observation.

Lent_San
12.20.2012 , 08:28 PM | #4315
Quote: Originally Posted by Arglaar View Post
As a straight male, I fully support SGRA in all games, not just SWTOR.
I'm never surprised at how many straight people support this. It just baffles me how many bigots think they're in the vast majority, which, according to them, gives them the right to deny us SGR..... Well, apparently because they say so.

Quote: Originally Posted by QwibQwib View Post
Lol, indeed.

Quote: Originally Posted by DarthAeonis View Post
anyway as i was trollin swtor.com i was lookin at the companions page and noticed something. when giving companions gifts some gifts tend to differ on effectiveness depending on the gender givin to them ie. courting gifts and while some companions are indifferent to same sex ppl givin them gifts others tended to not mind (as in actually like or love them regardless) like Doc (which him bein bi not very surprising) point is is made me wonder if they had planned on truly implementing gender check romances and just locked them at launch. havent actually tried courting all companions in game so dont kno how true it is or if im just grasping at straws but i found it interesting.
I have heard of this. I might want to try that out.

Quote: Originally Posted by SirGladiator View Post
I noticed something interesting last night, as I was looking at the 'Legacy' options that my characters had. I had wondered, but never actually bothered to check to see, and sure enough, no gender check! So I have the option to have my female Sith and female Jedi be married if I so desire (still toying with the idea, but I really want my female Sith Sorcerer with Ashara, and my female Jedi Warrior with Kira, not with each other, although its certainly an appealing backup plan). There is literally same-sex marriage in the game, RIGHT NOW. It seems like getting rid of the gender check for the romances that are already in the game, in addition to being quite simple and something that should be done ASAP, would also be less controversial than what's already in the game. Just an interesting observation.
I think someone here in this thread mentioned having done the same with two of her toons. Nice feature, especially once we get to the romances we'd like to have.

stuffystuffs
12.20.2012 , 09:08 PM | #4316
I just wonder how the game will change (for those that don't want SGRA) in such a way that would force them to leave it or be unhappy with it.
Node guarder

jamesvasquez
12.20.2012 , 09:23 PM | #4317
I haven't been on this thread in a while, and just wanted to say that I'm glad you guys are continuing to fight the good fight. Maybe some day the devs will actually commit to doing what they said they were going to do and add sgr. I'm not gay but that doesn't mean that everyone should live their lives the way I live mine. Especially when it comes to sexual orientation, since it's not even a choice. Good luck in your endeavors guys and gals! Happy yule/christmas/kwanza/hannukah/whatever else i forgot.
Fanboy for life!!!!!!

Ohamsie
12.20.2012 , 09:55 PM | #4318
To everyone who would quit the game over this:

Would you quit your job if someone worked there who was in a same gendered relationship? Would you move out of your neighborhood if someone moved in who was in a same gendered relationship? Would you cut all ties to your whole family because one family member was in a same gendered relationship? Would you quit a game because other players could choose to be in a same gendered relationship?
[THE EBON HAWK] The Groundflyer Legacy
Jedi Sentinel Oham | Sith Sorceror Catalon | Scoundrel Gartrick

HellbirdIV
12.20.2012 , 10:02 PM | #4319
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohamsie View Post
To everyone who would quit the game over this:

Would you quit your job if someone worked there who was in a same gendered relationship? Would you move out of your neighborhood if someone moved in who was in a same gendered relationship? Would you cut all ties to your whole family because one family member was in a same gendered relationship? Would you quit a game because other players could choose to be in a same gendered relationship?
It's an unfortunate reality that such decisions are rarely affected by reason. Now, we're bringing this discussion off-topic as the subject is not about the real-life politics of the situation (Or I would have cited the inalieable United Nations Universal Human Rights earlier) nor is it a discussion for wether or not SGRs should be in this game.

The official stance is that SGRs will be in this game. No ifs, no buts. If people quit the game because of it, that's their decision to make and I'm happy to see them go.

The concern that's remained for 400-odd pages is why the hell can't BW just clarify HOW SGR's will be implemented? It'd be really great if we could know wether or not it's "safe" to level characters to level 50 and finish their class stories if we still want them to romance a particular companion.

I'm still waiting for Makeb to level my Consular because Nadia is so cuuute

DarthAeonis
12.20.2012 , 10:30 PM | #4320
rumor is it'll come durin our next added companions so either spring with the expansion or late summer (im starting this rumor btw lol)