Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Joushigun
12.16.2012 , 12:16 PM | #4081
Sigh...I'm having a hard time playing TOR right now.

I really want two things- first the ability to change my companions. That is, I'd like to be able to rotate them out. Secondly, I really want to have SGRA because I'm tired of having to wait for it.

I really would prefer to have an all female crew. It would make me feel more comfortable over all in game.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Tatile
12.16.2012 , 01:40 PM | #4082
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I really would prefer to have an all female crew. It would make me feel more comfortable over all in game.
My Sorceress and Juggernaut would be all over this idea. I know the reasons why you want it, but I just think it's an awesome idea in general. The addition of new companions would be nice - especially if it coincides with a 'home base' idea: stick some companions at the base to do... stuff and have your other companions that you actually like with you all the time!

Would be awesome.

Baptes
12.16.2012 , 02:08 PM | #4083
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
My Sorceress and Juggernaut would be all over this idea. I know the reasons why you want it, but I just think it's an awesome idea in general. The addition of new companions would be nice - especially if it coincides with a 'home base' idea: stick some companions at the base to do... stuff and have your other companions that you actually like with you all the time!

Would be awesome.
Yes that would be frikkin awesome!

An all girl posse for my Sith Jugg. Like Bad Girls but with space ships, lightsabers, and droids!

Oh just imagine those few cutscenes where the whole group gets together!

I would totally be behind a Quinn's mute sister switcheroo (hate that little wiggler!).

Joushigun
12.16.2012 , 02:13 PM | #4084

Would be awesome.
Yeah. Part of why I love my Sniper is that her crew is 3 female/ 2 male. I usually run with Kaliyo. I have both of them set up with similar clothes and I love it.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Arvig
12.16.2012 , 03:10 PM | #4085
By virtue of the fact that you spoke about SGRA's, it's highly likely that you don't work for Bioware/EA Everyone knows that Bioware/EA employee loses their voice as soon as that topic comes up.
Well yeah. Bioware has been slow with promised content in general, but even so they have been very tight lipped even for them on the issue of same gender romances. Me, I'm all for player choice. I'm only half joking when I say I'd have my female smuggler romance Guss Tuno. Sure he's a Mon Cal but he has such a great funny personality that I'd at least consider it for that character. Anyway, I'm risking starting to derail this topic so I'll stop here for now.

Tatile
12.16.2012 , 04:19 PM | #4086
So, just saw this:

Hall Hood, @hallhood
@Natashina Much appreciated. Please understand, I have done everything within my power to address your concerns.
~05:47 15/12/12

He's speaking about SGRA's there and I feel this explains a fair amount about his lackluster Developer Blog. The much maligned "mug question" is something that usually comes up in developer interviews - they like to answer cute questions after having done a lot of talking about more heady issues (kind of like having pictures of kittens at the end of the news after you've been told that the world is a terrible place), which makes me wonder that perhaps Mr. Hood did originally address our concerns about SGRA's in his Developer Blog response, but that they were cut from the finished product.

I do find it somewhat disgusting, then, that talks with the community are being censored in this manner.

HiddenRogue
12.16.2012 , 04:28 PM | #4087
Do you guys realize that this is an MMO and creating and re-writing the script for every quest to add different options with the gender change will probably take a long time.

Tatile
12.16.2012 , 04:35 PM | #4088
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenRogue View Post
Do you guys realize that this is an MMO and creating and re-writing the script for every quest to add different options with the gender change will probably take a long time.
Yes.

We've discussed the lead time on story writing and recording many times in this thread. Perhaps you should read it.

HiddenRogue
12.16.2012 , 04:43 PM | #4089
I agree they should add it, and no i think I'm going to pass reading over 400 pages.

Tatile
12.16.2012 , 04:52 PM | #4090
Quote: Originally Posted by HiddenRogue View Post
I agree they should add it, and no i think I'm going to pass reading over 400 pages.
We do get sidetracked a fair amount.

Unfortunately, what most people aren't clear on (whether through bloody minded ignorance or just being new to the subject) is that we are not necessarily demanding that this content be introduced now*, but that we are asking for Bioware to be open and give us information about this content. People already have an inkling that 1.7 will be the Ilum reboot. The PvP crowd were told about a month before 1.6 was dropped to the PTS that their new warzone would be in the very next patch and that that patch would be the last for the year. The Hood Toggle crowd have been told that the toggles are being worked on and that it requires new art to be created.

This is story content - story supposedly being the unique aspect of Star Wars: The Old Republic - and we don't even know if it's still something Bioware intend to introduce, due to Hickman's comments in the LiveStream (between the moments when he was laughing at the player base). Mr. Erickson had stated back in March that story content would be in "this year" and, well, we can see how that went.

*though it should have been in at launch, but that was Bioware's decision to be discriminatory during production and not something we can do anything about now, unless someone has a time machine and truckload of glitter.