Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
12.13.2012 , 03:54 AM | #4021
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
George Harrison.

Anyway, at this point, I can't imagine that anyone is afraid of backlashes for SGRs anymore....the general internet is like "psh, swtor, whatever". I really do think it's a matter of "how much money and time do we have to dedicate to the things what will make us the most money". Which is kind of sad. At this point I just want to know that there's still some heart and soul left in Bioware that's actually envisioning creative content for us. People who are actually, legitimately inspired. Makeb is kind of that last little glimmer of hope. :/

And it's raining here.
Ditto... to each section.

SilentKitty
12.13.2012 , 09:36 AM | #4022
There was a thread in the general section that went missing. A player linked to a article

LGBT + RPG = OMG

http://vadamagazine.com/13/12/2012/tech/lgbt-rpg-omg-mb

Just linking it here in case this player does not know about the Lore forum. If I knew who it was I would PM but the thread is missing so here's the article at least.

Cheers.

badlydrawnroy
12.13.2012 , 09:57 AM | #4023
That's my article - many thanks for the bump/repost over here.

Let me know what you guys think about it - I want to do a follow up piece eventually when SGRs actually start getting implemented so would be good to get feedback.

DarkTrooperV
12.13.2012 , 10:52 AM | #4024
Quote: Originally Posted by badlydrawnroy View Post

Let me know what you guys think about it - I want to do a follow up piece eventually when SGRs actually start getting implemented so would be good to get feedback.
Awesome article Badly. A solid read.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

JCisneros
12.13.2012 , 11:03 AM | #4025

Excellent column, badlydrawnroy. I hope it adds to our discussion of SGRA's here.

amnie
12.13.2012 , 11:35 AM | #4026

<3
5chars

chuixupu
12.13.2012 , 01:26 PM | #4027
Thanks for writing this article!
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Rayla_Felana
12.13.2012 , 06:27 PM | #4028
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
All fine and well, but to be honest, the same-sex marriages in Skyrim were done rather badly. You had like three lines in exchange with your spouse to be, then off to marriage. No mention of gender whatsoever, so to me it seemed like they used the now infamous "gender switch", or had no gender coded in the first place. It wasn't my game anyway though, so I might be a little biased here.
They are all like that, regardless of gender, they are all PC-sexual, some followers are integral to the story of a questline like Aela, some are random named npc no.89 from x town, the only follower in the game(Haven't played Dragonborn DLC yet) that is a properly developed character with actual story is Serana and she isn't an option for either gender.

Palar
12.13.2012 , 06:39 PM | #4029
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Yet here we have EA and BW who love to tell everyone how great they are for supporting the gay community and how they are such great fans of same gender content and do everything they can to make sure everyone knows they are great supporters of the LGBT community yet they can't manage to actually get the content into the game.
"Show, don't tell", "actions speak louder than words".... wait, bad examples - they've nailed the "don't just talk about it" part, but forgot to actually show anything.

Maybe their motto is "believe it when you see it"?

Ketchum
12.13.2012 , 07:09 PM | #4030
Quote: Originally Posted by ZipperNub View Post
Hello all!

This is my first post here, or rather anywhere in these forums.

I've been following this topic for a long while. And there is quite a bit of reading to be done just to catch up after being gone a few days without reading this thread. It makes even me, an avid reader of just about anything with the written(or typed) word, start feeling TL;DR about it. Which is a good thing for this issue I would like to think.

I'm 30 years old, half-white, and straight (So that makes me almost the demographic that most companies look for, right?). And I really would love to have the option to actually roleplay a same gender romance to my heart's content. I have a Male trooper that may not quite be as straight as his dialogue options make him be, I don't really know yet, since I didn't get the option to flirt and see where that went. And don't get me started on my Fat Twi'lek male smuggler. He actually would be flirting with everything that moves, whether it is on two legs, or more, hairy, hairless, or mechanical. Sometimes it's all about the flirt.

I'm glad that such a community exists, and is very active and passionate about what should be a basic civil right, and what should be included in a game that is made by a company who has been seen in the past to be very LGBT friendly.

That being said, I do hope to someday in game have a (or is an an? IF I say the letters, its an, if I say the words, its a. Hmm...) SGR as a male trooper with a character not unlike how I mysteriously ended up with Mr. Alenko in ME3. "Bro's to the end!" And then suddenly, in a slightly intimate moment, I find out that he likes my Commander Shepard. "It just feels right, doesn't it?" Well, yeah, after romancing an alien woman, and Miranda....yes, yes it does.

And for the few characters that I have that are women, having the option to have a(n) SGR would be nice as well. I guess I just dislike the limitations forced upon me in games that have the roleplaying aspect to them, be they online or single player. When I play as a character whom I don't name after myself, I don't mind whatever gender romance they have, as long as it is a nice story (or side story, as it were).

Well, now that I'm done posting, I'm going to continue lurking. Just thought I would show my support for this, and perhaps to ask, "Can we please have a little more clarity on this issue please?" Even mumbling into a microphone and posting it on youtube would be a step up!
That is awesome! You are the kind of straight guy that I like, and I truly wish more were like you
Murder and mayhem await