Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 10:40 PM | #3891
If they add SGRA and don't add the option for the existing companions it would be a complete failure in my eyes. As far as "oh this character is definitely hetero only" Well we don't know that at all. There are definitely only Hetero options in the game but that doesn't mean these characters wouldn't also be interested in same gender relationships. There simply isn't an option to do so.

No, before they go adding new characters and new romance options (which will only make creating future companion content more difficult/time consuming) they need to finish the ones they have first.

Kioma
12.08.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3892
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
instead of having companions, who romances feel more straight to me due to lack of any F/F or M/M indications for most, 'suddenly' turn bi with no explanation.
Surely you see the quandry there, though. 'There's no same sex indications, therefore everyone is straight.' The SGRAs aren't in yet, so the option of there being same sex indications is by definition precluded.

Plus gaydars aren't real. There are plenty of gay, bi and straight people out there that most would never pick as being those sexualities.

plus it seems like too much work to do such a thing, unless the code is in the game and just turned off.
Well, see, that's something a lot of os would like to know (and something Bioware is, obviously, not telling us) - whether there's any included but not activated SGRA content. I personally doubt it because this game must have been data-mined to all get-out and someone would have found it by now. That doesn't mean they don't have it, of course - it could be sitting somewhere on a hard drive gathering digital dust, and simply not be plugged into the game client yet.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 10:44 PM | #3893
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Granted, it's not Edmonton, but I get the feeling they'll play the "They're not bisexual in the same play-through"/'Hero-sexual' hand-wave like with DA2.
They already are hero sexual. Kira for example will fall for any JK (male only obviously atm) regardless of race or even for that matter regardless of species, regardless of alignment or personality or any other characteristic that makes up the male JK so long as they click the right dialogue options.

The fact that the only factor that possibly makes a romanceable companion NOT want to romance you is gender is rather idiotic.

amnie
12.08.2012 , 10:50 PM | #3894
still I would rather see new companions or a non-comp full romance, instead of having companions, who romances feel more straight to me due to lack of any F/F or M/M indications for most, 'suddenly' turn bi with no explanation.

plus it seems like too much work to do such a thing, unless the code is in the game and just turned off.
but it isn't 'suddenly', that's the point. this is all content that should have been in the game from the start. right now however it's all in our heads - same as YOUR perseption of the characters (which many, many people disagree with - and some with actual in-game proof I might add)

the romance 'feels straight' because that's what it is. right now there is no way to figure out how a romance with a female smuggler and risha would be like because said female smuggler does not have the option to flirt with her.

maybe another example:
a male warrior will get the option to flirt with light side jaesa. light side jaesa however tells him that she is not like that. you do not have a chance to romance her. dark side jaesa though you can.

so, who knows, maybe light side jaesa was supposed to be a lesbian. we do not know. (the only theory is that she says know because of the jedi in her)

we do not know if risha wouldn't be head over heals for the female smuggler because the female smugger does not get the option, but risha DOES flirt with the female smuggler.

long story short: it is really not all that much about the 'new romance options'... they might as well already be 'hidden' in the game already... we just don't get the [flirt] prompt to trigger them. so the real issue here is not just that there are no romance options for same sex, but that you can't even get a 'no thank you' because you can't even tell a same sex npc that you like them to begin with

amnie
12.08.2012 , 10:52 PM | #3895
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
They already are hero sexual. Kira for example will fall for any JK (male only obviously atm) regardless of race or even for that matter regardless of species, regardless of alignment or personality or any other characteristic that makes up the male JK so long as they click the right dialogue options.

The fact that the only factor that possibly makes a romanceable companion NOT want to romance you is gender is rather idiotic.
and there we are, at the actual point:

we don't know if they are straight because there is no dialoge option to trigger a same sex relationship (may it be fruitful or not, the option is not even available.)

I personally wouldn't mind if they gave my male warrior the option to flirt with pierce and pierce saying 'sir this is not professional' and that would be the end of it. (or quinn, as I'd much rather kick quinn out of my ship lock anyway)

stormdrakelord
12.08.2012 , 11:03 PM | #3896
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
and there we are, at the actual point:

we don't know if they are straight because there is no dialoge option to trigger a same sex relationship (may it be fruitful or not, the option is not even available.)

I personally wouldn't mind if they gave my male warrior the option to flirt with pierce and pierce saying 'sir this is not professional' and that would be the end of it. (or quinn, as I'd much rather kick quinn out of my ship lock anyway)
in the end, companions were released with hetero romances, which without indication of them being interested in women at all in-game before them being chosen for S/S romance, makes them "straight with an exception/If it's you, it's okay". I would rather they keep them that way, only for O/S romance.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Nozybidaj
12.08.2012 , 11:06 PM | #3897
in the end, companions were released with hetero romances, which without indication of them being interested in women at all in-game before them being chosen for S/S romance, makes them "straight with an exception/If it's you, it's okay". I would rather they keep them that way, only for O/S romance.
How go you know they aren't gay with an exception of being straight "if its you"?

stormdrakelord
12.08.2012 , 11:08 PM | #3898
How go you know they aren't gay with an exception of being straight "if its you"?
no indication, so I assume they be straight (exception those who actually have indication of being bi/straight up say they have been with women before).
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Kioma
12.08.2012 , 11:09 PM | #3899
No, again, I think that's you reading quite a bit more into it than is there. I mean it's your perception so you can do that, sure, but I still don't agree. The context of the additional content (if any is put in) is set by the writers, not by us or our preconceptions.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

stuffystuffs
12.08.2012 , 11:11 PM | #3900

Indeed.

Hell, Kira will romance a pureblood Sith male given the Legacy system
Node guarder