Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lent_San
12.08.2012 , 05:24 PM | #3861
Quote: Originally Posted by angrydurf View Post
play it and read between the lines and you get it all but the "Why can't I quit you?" cutscene. subtext slightly more subtle than fast and furious franchise but only slightly,
You know what? I started playing the smuggler just to see what Corso would be like. I managed to get to the first cut scene, and alas, Corso appears, makes a cute face and says something like "Nice to meet you" to my guy. Smuggler replies the same and both look at each other (like, really long) before Corso leaves. D'aw. <3

That was it. I had to stop there. I really REALLY want to play that thing with Corso as an option. I can't help but end up being utterly sad if that's not going to happen.

angrydurf
12.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #3862
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
You know what? I started playing the smuggler just to see what Corso would be like. I managed to get to the first cut scene, and alas, Corso appears, makes a cute face and says something like "Nice to meet you" to my guy. Smuggler replies the same and both look at each other (like, really long) before Corso leaves. D'aw. <3

That was it. I had to stop there. I really REALLY want to play that thing with Corso as an option. I can't help but end up being utterly sad if that's not going to happen.
Well last tidbit I heard was that SGR's were not going to be with the same people as OGRs and Corso is the Femsmuggler romance IIRC. Though if there is any character to vote for swinging both ways it's Corso IMHO.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post

Star Wars: The Old Republic is the spritual successor to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, also made by BioWare, and not any other game.

Lent_San
12.08.2012 , 05:46 PM | #3863
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Corso is basically every annoying and stupid stereotype that exists in media regarding "Rednecks" from the American South put into one character.
He's absolutely intolerable, and I mean that literally. I stopped tolerating him after he threw racist slurs at Bowdaar and talked crap about Risha behind her back. Been using Risha and Akaavi ever since and never taken Corso out of the ship's deep freezer since.
Dammit, now I'm spoilt. :/ Still want to play him though. Maybe there's a twist, and he changes for the better? I can but dream. Wow, my sentences keep getting shorter and shorter. Time for bed, I guess, it's rather late over here. ^^

Lent_San
12.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #3864
Well last tidbit I heard was that SGR's were not going to be with the same people as OGRs and Corso is the Femsmuggler romance IIRC. Though if there is any character to vote for swinging both ways it's Corso IMHO.
I know. I heard that too but I'm still hoping. I still have a feeling about him, yeah, I agree with your last sentence. And since he reminded me of Zev so much, well, I do have at least a little hope. Nighty!

HellbirdIV
12.08.2012 , 06:02 PM | #3865
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Dammit, now I'm spoilt. :/ Still want to play him though. Maybe there's a twist, and he changes for the better? I can but dream.
Well obviously you should play and see for yourself before you decide. Who knows, maybe you'll like him?

Some people are masochists, after all... >___>

Kioma
12.08.2012 , 06:07 PM | #3866
I've only seen a little of Corso but I didn't mind what I saw. He's young and dumb and full of... er... enthusiasm, but I haven't seen anything outright horrifying from him. mind you I only went as far as getting Bowdaar back to the ship before I got distracted by my Jedi Consular.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

amnie
12.08.2012 , 07:08 PM | #3867
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Not awake yet. Woke up to find my friend in the hospital after fainting at work. She's okay, but I'm not in the best mood.

The weekends where that kind of speech and those hateful threads ruled are behind us, I think. The mods are on it. I reported one gentleman's post and very quickly it was removed. I kinda caught the blink and you'll miss it general forum threads, but that's was all I saw of them. I'm thankful too, some of that was really bad. I have a feeling that they aren't done yet. I'm getting my popcorn, but I'm not touching those threads.

I'm glad to see all those threads pro and anti-SGR popping up. We're not invisible anymore. I doubt that if the trolls and detractors realize that every time they make a new thread even slightly related to SGRs, that gives this whole matter that much more exposure. In this case, we want to expose ourselves.

I'm still hoping for an answer by New Year's. Getting coffee going now....

Edit: And yes, do not shoot the messengers. The mods are pretty hard working people that simple enforce the polices set by their bosses. Not their fault.
agreed. and they seem a lot more 'on it' these days in general. not related to .this. topic, but yesterday some guy was trying to discredit my guild in a topic where our liason is trying to organise a guild meeting where we are discussing the future of our server... 10 min after reporting it was deleted. didn't even take them as long to delete his complained about his reply getting deleted. lol (and he was using quite the language in it too)

that being said... yes, you are right
in a way it's really really good that this topic is finally catching on.

oh btw, the vast majority of the replies was that people would .not. be bothered by 'this' being in-game.

ps: I'm glad to hear your friend is fine and I can imagine it's weird hearing that she wasn't doing too well :/

edit: oops looks like the post was deleted right when I posted my reply -.-

natashina
12.08.2012 , 07:20 PM | #3868
Not sure what I'm allowed to say...

I save my posts now.

I'll try this:

Not awake yet. Woke up to find my friend in the hospital after fainting at work. She's okay, but I'm not in the best mood.

Edit: Thanks for the well wishes. She's had some medical problems for awhile now. The part that just makes this hard is that Doup and I were supposed to take her out to a nice gluten free dinner today. And her husband is out of town. I've got one eye on the forums and one eye on FB waiting for updates from her.

I'm glad to see all those threads pro and anti-SGR popping up. We're not invisible anymore. I doubt that if the trolls and detractors realize that every time they make a new thread even slightly related to SGRs, that gives this whole matter that much more exposure. In this case, we want to expose ourselves. BioWare needs to see the various kinds of passion this content can bring out in other people, not just little ol' us.

I haven't heard anything new yet from GLAAD or any other sources, but the night is still young. Please, everyone write to GLAAD and if you're inclined, add a link to this thread, the Did I...? thread and the FAQ. I'd like them to have as broad as a perspective on this situation. Anyone catch anything on Twitter or the like about an update yet?

Try to remember to stay away from the popcorn threads. If you feel the burning need to post, make sure the contact info for GLAAD is made readily available. Try to encourage everyone to do so, but try to leave it at that. No need to start getting privileges revoked.

Contact info coming again. Please copy pasta this into all the SGR threads you guys hit. Ya'll are braver than me, and I'm still under a strict, "No posting in General forums about SGRs 'cept Uluain's thread," rule by Doup, which I'm not gong to argue with. The last time I did a bunch of posting in General, I came back hating the world and feeling very mentally drained. Doup has to live with me, so he tells me if I'm getting too deep into all of this.

Anyhow, here you go all you wonderful and crazy people.

http://www.glaad.org/contact

https://www.facebook.com/GLAAD?fref=ts

brendan.sinclair@gamesindustry.biz

AshenOne
12.08.2012 , 07:47 PM | #3869
I really hope that is not the case. My Sith Warrior has developed quite a crush on Vette.

stormdrakelord
12.08.2012 , 08:18 PM | #3870
Honestly, I would rather we get new S/S romances for both men and women. Mainly to have new characters to talk to.

Anyone with me?
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.