Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
12.05.2012 , 07:08 PM | #3721
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenOne View Post
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has kept this thread going. I tend to be a lurker mostly, but it has always been nice to check on this thread and remind myself I am not alone in feeling marginalized by the heteronormative environment of this game. It would be really nice to feel like I was free to play the character I want to play as I expected when I pre-ordered my copy.
You're not alone and always welcome here.

We try to band together against the hatred that spews from the gaming community at large over this.

Hopefully you sent off messages to GLAAD. Contrary to some of the...less enlightened posters have to say, there has been a ton of emails I've had the pleasure to read in this thread. This is certainly more than a few people and I know there is probably supportive lurkers that didn't post on here, but sent out those messages nonetheless.

AshenOne
12.05.2012 , 07:53 PM | #3722
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
You're not alone and always welcome here.

We try to band together against the hatred that spews from the gaming community at large over this.

Hopefully you sent off messages to GLAAD. Contrary to some of the...less enlightened posters have to say, there has been a ton of emails I've had the pleasure to read in this thread. This is certainly more than a few people and I know there is probably supportive lurkers that didn't post on here, but sent out those messages nonetheless.
Thanks for the welcome!

I sent an email to GLAAD. Hopefully, a little outside attention will at least make them acknowledge that we are here.

natashina
12.05.2012 , 07:57 PM | #3723
Quote: Originally Posted by AshenOne View Post
Thanks for the welcome!

I sent an email to GLAAD. Hopefully, a little outside attention will at least make them acknowledge that we are here.

Anytime! It's always great to see supporters delurking for little ol' us.

I have a distinct feeling that we're no longer ignored. Since GLAAD stated that they're trying again to contact EAware, I'm betting all hands are on deck now.

I might be wrong...but I think within the next few days we'll hear a statement from the BW/EA team. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an article about it too.

You can bet when that article comes up I'm once again emailing any/all gaming or news sites that might give a flying flip.

DarthRamette
12.05.2012 , 07:59 PM | #3724
So EA is ignoring GLAAD, so much for the GLAAD will take care of things. EA doesn't care about it's customers on any level. The fact you think that GLAAD will suddenly force BW to add SGR may just not happen.

natashina
12.05.2012 , 08:01 PM | #3725
Ah, I love Google. Shame that more people don't use it.

Proof that GLAAD has done this before:

GLAAD's support for SGRs.

So if anyone thinks GLAAD has no pull/doesn't care, they are in for a rude shock.

Ignored the ill formed and keep the letters coming folks!

stuffystuffs
12.05.2012 , 08:10 PM | #3726
Count me in as sending an email to GLAAD.

It's my way of celebrating the one year anniversary of TOR
Node guarder

DarthRamette
12.05.2012 , 08:12 PM | #3727
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Ah, I love Google. Shame that more people don't use it.

Proof that GLAAD has done this before:

GLAAD's support for SGRs.

So if anyone thinks GLAAD has no pull/doesn't care, they are in for a rude shock.

Ignored the ill formed and keep the letters coming folks!
They can keep trying but if you think EA is going to fold under the pressure I think you are in a for a shock. EA doesn't give a crap about anything other then the money and with y'all still paying your monthly subs that is all they care about. I find it amusing myself. If you are unhappy how about just walk away from the game and show them through the wallet or is this crusade over a video game too much to just walk away from.

gjpelrine
12.05.2012 , 08:12 PM | #3728
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
So EA is ignoring GLAAD, so much for the GLAAD will take care of things. EA doesn't care about it's customers on any level. The fact you think that GLAAD will suddenly force BW to add SGR may just not happen.
Last time I checked no one thinks GLAAD is going to force BW to add SGR to SWTOR, we are just hoping that BW might be a little more forthcoming with information about SGR's with a group like GLAAD then they have been with the customer base.

natashina
12.05.2012 , 08:18 PM | #3729
I sent out the message to GLAAD less than 36 hours ago and they've already responded to my message twice now. So yeah, GLAAD listens.

I DO NOT WANT THIS PRIORITIZED OVER BUG FIXES. That is indeed much more game breaking and has affected all players across the game.

I DO NOT WANT CONTENT REMOVED FOR THIS. That would be counterproductive and I don't feel content should be added at the expense of existing content.

All we want is a simple answer. We're not claiming that GLAAD would make this SGRs happen overnight. They will, however, help us get an official and public answer. Just like last year.

If anyone thinks this is an exercise in futility, make your own thread as to why we're out of line on this.

Please make your own thread; laugh among your friends at us if you will.

I'd respect your views enough to not post there, even though I would strongly disagree.

Do the same for us.

Good luck keeping any sort of thread like that open though.

Wow, a G and an O? Busy night for Bingo.

Samy_Merchi
12.05.2012 , 08:36 PM | #3730
I personally wouldn't expect a response from EABW before Tue/Wed at the earliest. The tail end of this week will probably be unofficial talk inside the company of the increased pressure, and then Monday morning palaver they'll probably officially talk amongst themselves about how to handle this, somebody will get assigned to the issue and they'll spend a day or two preparing answers and so on before saying something.

And that's the best case scenario IMO.

Big companies just don't move very fast. If they've been avoiding the issue as much as they have, they won't have people ready to answer questions at the drop of a hat, they probably don't even have a clear picture who inside the company should handle this.