Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JCisneros
12.05.2012 , 04:03 PM | #3691
Thank you, Dark Trooper. I appreciate any of our allies who go into the breach with us. To share your story with GLAAD...if you will pardon the pun, gladdens my heart.

I will be very sorry to see Uluain (sp?) go, he is our heart and spirit, may he finds happiness in the Shire or wherever he hangs his virtual hat. Might I recommend he go see a friend of mine about a kinship? I am the former Guildmaster of Knights of the White Lady on Landroval server, and the founding GM took over after I retired. He goes by the handle of Calafalas.

h/t to everyone.

~JC

Tatile
12.05.2012 , 04:08 PM | #3692
Uluain's contributions are going to be remembered. Like MusedMoose he did a lot for the profile and continuation of this topic and the subject it entails. Should we begin a new thread, as he suggested, perhaps we could find a quote of his to head it up?

God, this sounds almost like an obituary.

Edit: Oh goodie, 1.6 drops tomorrow. Six weeks on from then is January 17th, if Bioware put 1.7 up for testing on Monday and leave it for six week's testing time. More likely they'll put it up for testing on the 17th. So, 1.6, last patch of the year. Isn't it SO GOOD that Mr. Hickman said that everything said during the Guild Summit is false? Good for Mr. Hickman.

chuixupu
12.05.2012 , 04:18 PM | #3693
Are you sure this is 1.6, it says just an unscheduled 2 hour maintenance?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
12.05.2012 , 04:20 PM | #3694
Unscheduled? Weird. They usually do patch deployment on Thursdays.

chuixupu
12.05.2012 , 04:22 PM | #3695
I mean, I think they usually say when it's a major patch launching, this could just be 1.5.3 or whatever they're up to.....waiting to hear any additional info, they will probably say by tomorrow.

Also, recall that they said it'll probably be 8-9 weeks until 1.7 because of the holidays :/ so next one may not be until February.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

natashina
12.05.2012 , 04:27 PM | #3696
Blargh. Morning. Haven't had coffee yet.

I am going to take Uluain's advice and try to abandon the thread. I've just woke up (go nightshift,) so I'm not ready to yet.

I got this message on FB today:

Quote:
GLAAD
Hi!
Thanks for your message. We reached out again today to EA/BioWare for more information on this.
Thanks!
So there's that. I wonder if EA/BW is dodging GLAAD.

**waves to Uluain** You take care hun, and try to watch the forums from a distance.

Some great letters guys! May I say that was record timing getting a troll reported and wiped this morning.. They quoted me too. I'm kinda flattered in a bizarre sort of way.

Tatile
12.05.2012 , 04:30 PM | #3697
Natashina, are you going to make a new thread or jump in Uluain's old one? Personally I think making a new one with all the stuff in the first post would be better because then everything would be organised and... yeah... new and shiny.

Nozybidaj
12.05.2012 , 04:32 PM | #3698
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
A parting word of advice: abandon this thread. Let Natashina, or whoever has an FAQ link in their signature, finish it off. Then post elsewhere. Anywhere else. Start a thread on General Discussion (or hijack "Did I hear this right?") and post there from now on. Staying in your cage isn't helping you at all. Don't behave. Don't play nice. The only way we have ever heard anything, ever, is by being too much trouble to ignore. Remember that, and may the Force be with you.
That's actually excellent advice. heading that way now.

Uluain
12.05.2012 , 04:35 PM | #3699
Actually, he only said that, due to changes at the studion and in the direction of the game since then, some of what was promised at the Guild Summit no longer holds true... without clarifying which. Note that we have been wondering for months now whether, with changes in the direction of the game and at the studio, Daniel Erickson's statements still hold true, and have specifically requested clarification on that particular point for months now.

So now we have the official word: Yes, Daniel Erickson's statements regarding same-gender content may or may not hold true. That is where the information we're getting through the Community Team became the proverbial slap in the face. That's why I blew up. Can they possibly have been surprised?

natashina
12.05.2012 , 04:37 PM | #3700
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Natashina, are you going to make a new thread or jump in Uluain's old one? Personally I think making a new one with all the stuff in the first post would be better because then everything would be organised and... yeah... new and shiny.
I need coffee.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure yet what course I'm taking. What's more, is that I need the help from you guys.

How should I start this thread and/or post? I've gotta be careful now that GLAAD is involved. You all know that we're gonna have the, "GLAAD is political, and this is your agenda. No one cares, reported." Thread wiped.

Can you tell I've gotten a lot of the latter phrase over the last few days.

Also, I was going to wait until we got some more concrete answers from GLAAD before starting a new thread. I was already planning on it, but I was waiting for GLAAD to confirm contact with EAware first. That's been my only holdup for now.

Once we get a little more concrete info, I was going to start a new thread. Maybe entitled, "GLAAD is stepping up for SGRs once again."

Thoughts?

Edit: I wasn't surprised at all. I predicted that very thing would happen literally the day before. I know EAware was probably shocked. BTW, that was epic! I loved your comment about Life Day.

**stumbles her tired arse into the kitchen**