Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

fabiyun
12.04.2012 , 11:33 AM | #3621
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
There's been no mention of SGRA's with NPCs in Makeb.

The last thing we got was this:
Quote:
When we do this, we wanna do it right, we wanna do it with the characters that make sense, that we always knew that we wanted to do it for those, so you guys know and we've talked about it before, it ended up being a budget and scheduling issue. There are romance arcs that we wanted to do that didn't make it in the game, we knew which characters (I'm not gonna tell you)... [some audience joking about characters] So the short answer is, it's never changed, it's still coming, it's coming when full story comes, and when is full story coming? This year. So we are still on track.
From Erickson, which seems to imply that some existing companions would have the SGRA romances that were intended before launch (but didn't make it). I'd argue that the characters aren't being re-written in this scenario nor suddenly realizing that they are gay.
I don't understand what Erickson is talking about. If we are to make implications then we should do it for the entire text. Full story? Did we get half story? What is full story? Budget and scheduling issues. I don't see if they know for what characters, because they've got the story, how this has anything to do with the budget. The budget was so tight they couldn't spare some minutes in voice recording? Peculiar. Scheduling might be an issue. So we're still on track means they decided to put it on a long term schedule. But did it get off the long term schedule onto a short term schedule or is it still on the long term schedule?

It does sound like there was a bugfix coming. But I didn't see it yet.

The problem is though, that with the history this has, I just can't honestly say that I believe them. I wouldn't call them liars, but I have strong doubts. How am I to put this in relation to "no gays in Star Wars"? How is it that story got chopped on scheduling boards. Am I to feel better about that? That romances got split in OGR and SGR and that we got pushed onto a long term schedule. I don't. I feel insulted. That moment you wipe the spit off your face. When you're told to wait for your own bus, because the back is dealing with scheduling issues and budget problems.
"..the worst kind of DARTH one can dig up!"

Balgue
12.04.2012 , 01:16 PM | #3622
This thread is so long.
Balgue's the name. PVE is my game.

Tatile
12.04.2012 , 01:49 PM | #3623
Per Mr. Hood's advice I sent the letter from a few pages back to the official support form people

I don't think he knows what I'm talking about. Or maybe he does.

Maybe this is his way of showing...

he knows...

Dun dun dun!

Cassia
12.04.2012 , 02:14 PM | #3624
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
I don't understand what Erickson is talking about. If we are to make implications then we should do it for the entire text. Full story? Did we get half story? What is full story? Budget and scheduling issues. I don't see if they know for what characters, because they've got the story, how this has anything to do with the budget. The budget was so tight they couldn't spare some minutes in voice recording? Peculiar. Scheduling might be an issue. So we're still on track means they decided to put it on a long term schedule. But did it get off the long term schedule onto a short term schedule or is it still on the long term schedule?

It does sound like there was a bugfix coming. But I didn't see it yet.

The problem is though, that with the history this has, I just can't honestly say that I believe them. I wouldn't call them liars, but I have strong doubts. How am I to put this in relation to "no gays in Star Wars"? How is it that story got chopped on scheduling boards. Am I to feel better about that? That romances got split in OGR and SGR and that we got pushed onto a long term schedule. I don't. I feel insulted. That moment you wipe the spit off your face. When you're told to wait for your own bus, because the back is dealing with scheduling issues and budget problems.
I did not get that from reading what Erickson said. To me it sounded more like SGRAs will be in the next major story update. I am thinking something on the lines of another whole full act here, and with the lead time for writers here it will be at the year's mark before they will start talking about what is to come. But when said story update is released and they happen to deliver SGRAs the sith storm shall renew again.

I concur with you sentiments in regards of Bioware's handling of this topic it has been something of a PR disaster from the get go, and if they fail to deliver...*shakes head* I can always spend my money elsewhere.
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
Most people see the ends as the only component of anything rather than the path necessary to get there. It's a curious phenomenon.

ElyonRand
12.04.2012 , 02:47 PM | #3625
Quote: Originally Posted by Balgue View Post
This thread is so long.
Whenever I come onto the forums, this thread has always been posted on last. Come on, BW said they're doing it so everyone chill! This thread has gone on for a very long time, and nothing you say here will make it come faster! Same-sex relationships are coming- the end.

chuixupu
12.04.2012 , 03:22 PM | #3626
Quote: Originally Posted by ElyonRand View Post
Whenever I come onto the forums, this thread has always been posted on last. Come on, BW said they're doing it so everyone chill! This thread has gone on for a very long time, and nothing you say here will make it come faster! Same-sex relationships are coming- the end.
I'd like to believe that, but if it were that simple, I don't get why in any of the previous Q&A's or the Live Stream they couldn't have the simple Q&A : Q: "Are SGRs still happening? it's been a while since we've heard anything." A: "Yes, it's still in the works, please be patient, that's all we can share now!" OR maybe even, if not, "It's not something we're currently working on....but we'll keep it under discussion for future updates".

I've seen several popular subjects be brought up and answered, even this vaguely multiple times but for whatever reason they are really dodging this one lately. That's what's bugging everyone.
Maybe there is a really good reason why they've been silent and when the news comes around we'll be like, "oooh ok, I can understand why now" but that's a pretty big assumption.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Tatile
12.04.2012 , 03:32 PM | #3627
If you don't like us talking about the subject in your Story and Lore board, petition the Bioware mods to move the thread. You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to and I won't begrudge you for not doing so, it IS long, after all.

However, I would suggest that you not come into this thread and tell us to shut up. It's not appreciated, especially considering that's all we're getting from everyone else (Bioware included) at the moment.

And, for the umpteenth time:

We are asking BIOWARE if they still intend to release this content as per their company's inclusive policy, with regards to the changes made to the company since launch and the proximity of the end of the year and Daniel Erickson's statement that SGRA's would be coming "this year".

If you think we should stop talking about this in your Story and Lore board, you might also want to ask Bioware to give us information so we can stop beating the blood-stain that once may or may not have resembled a horse.

Palar
12.04.2012 , 04:09 PM | #3628

And the word "clarification" sails right over another head... the waiting would have gone a lot easier if they'd just told us if we need to abandon characters and/or conversations after a certain point, or keep playing. Are the people who gave up waiting and played to 50 out of luck? Do they have to reroll when it finally happens?

The scraps of information we were thrown by ex-employees gave us no idea on that front.

Lent_San
12.04.2012 , 04:13 PM | #3629
Has just been posted here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121204

It's kind of strange, if not funny, that they refer to the forums for feedback.... really?

"Hi everyone,

On November 15th we launched one of the biggest initiatives in our game since we opened the doors back in December of last year. Our new Free-to-Play option has allowed for many brand new and returning players to check out the changes that we’ve made to the game over the past year.

One of the most important things to us is to hear player feedback on their game experience. Our community team truly has an ear to the ground with community concerns and discussions and we often make changes based on player feedback.

When Game Update 1.5 hit Public Test Server (PTS), we listened to your concerns and we increased Quickbars from one to two for Free-to-Play Players, increased Warzones from three to five per week, and reduced the temporary bind on Cartel Market items.

We want you to know that this is an ongoing dialogue.

Recently, we’ve seen your feedback on some of the other aspects of our Free-to-Play option and once again, we are working to improve the experience for all of our players.

Starting today, Preferred Status Players will see an increase to their default Quickbars from two (2) to four (4). If you’ve already purchased additional Quickbars, don’t worry: we will be refunding your Cartel Coins for any Quickbar-related purchase.

Additionally, in an upcoming patch (no exact date yet, but players won’t have to wait long), Preferred Status Players will be given four (4) additional character slots, which means that they will have a total of six character slots. As always, Free-to-Play Players can reach Preferred Status simply by purchasing anything from our online store or purchasing a physical copy of the game.

Last but not least, I wanted to share the news that the 50 character limit on Global Active Characters for Subscribers will be removed and increased substantially in the same, aforementioned patch. If you wanted to, you can truly create your own army of Troopers or a legion of Sith Warriors.

Your feedback is critical to the success of TOR, and of special interest to us. Please, keep posting on the forums, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.

Even if we can’t respond to every post, know that we’re listening and looking to enhance The Old Republic gameplay experience based on player feedback.

Thank you for reading,

Jeff Hickman
Executive Producer"

Palar
12.04.2012 , 04:17 PM | #3630
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Has just been posted here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20121204

It's kind of strange, if not funny, that they refer to the forums for feedback.... really?
Haha, yeah - at least they clarified the title to mean they wanted our guinea pig feedback for trying to bring in more money... I mean, people. (We're just the chumps who paid the last year, who cares what we think?)