Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baptes
12.03.2012 , 07:07 PM | #3601
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I'm inclined to agree with Slaign. While I am angry about the total stonewalling silence, I do think that it is still possible that they are still working on same sex. Bioware has story guys on the payroll, and the patches have barely included any story stuff for a year now. What have they been working on? Surely there must be something on the way. I just don't understand why they try to completely silence the issue.
I don't think many of us would still be here if we didn't think SGRAs would be in at some point. I also don't think the majority of us are even asking for them in as of yesterday.

What I believe most want is a dialogue with the devs as to how things will work for SGRAs, and the deafening silence for so long breeds animosity and ill will that could be (for the most part) annulled by simply talking about it like rational adults. Just like they do on the other topics. That they won't even go that far is perplexing and breeds even more ill will that they seriously don't need at this point.

And they have brought it all on themselves by their complete failure to simply talk about it.

natashina
12.03.2012 , 07:20 PM | #3602
Okay, this is truly my last post for at least awhile. I'm getting so flustered that I need to back off again.

This is my updated email list. I've been accused of having "spam tactics for my pet agenda," but I won't apologize for pushing for equal rights among the LGBT gamer community. I find it incredible that BioWare, one of the leading providers of LGBT content, is treating us like this.

Here we go with the list:

• 1up.com
  • Kotaku.com
  • forbes.com
  • Dan Savage
  • Huffington Post
  • The Gawker
  • The Consumerist
  • Destructoid.com
  • Gaygamer.net
  • GLAAD
  • The Advocate
  • The PA Report
  • Massively, maybe they'll see that it isn't just some conspiracy theory if enough of us write in.

That's a helluva list. Anymore ideas?

Love you guys and I'll be around. Keep pushing with those emails. Ignore the trolls, flag as needed and don't be afraid to edit posts if you feel you are feeding them.

Remember:

Enough is Enough.

We Have Nothing Left to Lose.

And EAware has something to lose here. Their precious rep.

See you guys in a few days.

Edited to add Massively to my list.

stuffystuffs
12.03.2012 , 07:52 PM | #3603
Quote: Originally Posted by fabiyun View Post
I think this is an interesting part. For me the thing also is that, okay I expect that they're not rewriting the existing companions, but I've no way to be sure of that either. And really, is it so much to ask to get a normal play through like everyone else? If we have to reroll a class just to have the SGR, all the other story is basically spoiled. And that comes down to "finishing stories to which I already know the ending". Or you sit your toon down in a rest area and do nothing.
Besides, people who want to do OGRA typically know beforehand who's available for their gender so...yeah don't see why SGRA's would have to be handled in such a way as to avoid these 'awful spoilers'.

Palar
12.03.2012 , 08:03 PM | #3604
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaign View Post
Still, I think when so many people want a simple answer, it's a shame that he didn't at least include the question. Whether or not the development time on the content itself is reasonable, I don't find the absolute silence on the issue reasonable. It's a simple matter to just give a no nonsense confirmation that SGRAs are in development.
Given that he brushed it off with "BioWare does not confront issues which have been addressed multiple times", even though Blind Freddy knows they've never addressed it, I get the impression he simply doesn't care.

Slaign
12.03.2012 , 10:47 PM | #3605
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Given that he brushed it off with "BioWare does not confront issues which have been addressed multiple times", even though Blind Freddy knows they've never addressed it, I get the impression he simply doesn't care.
Perhaps he's not passionate about it, but I don't think that view is entirely without merit either. They have certainly not "never" addressed it. They have indeed promised that it is coming, they re-upped that promise in the guild summit, and from a purely logical point of view, every time they repost that promise or say "No new info," it's an acknowledgement of that promise's continued validity.

Still, even while logic might indicate that past promises still stand, people are not logical creatures by nature. Emotions run hot, and anger, fear, and worry gnaws at even the most convicted. With that understood, it's logical to ease those emotions with an easy to make, clear, concise statement that SGRAs are still in the pipeline.

In summary, it's not incorrect to say that BioWare has taken a position of addressing the issue, but it is incorrect to say there is no need to have that position clearly reiterated.

Palar
12.04.2012 , 12:53 AM | #3606
Depends on what you see as the issue - this being the clarification thread, I'd say the issue is "we've still absolutely no idea if we need to abandon our alts or if we'll see a work-around for 50s - 15 months on, letting us know how to wait is too much effort"

A rapidly revoked Tweet, an uncertain comment about office water-cooler gossip (dude also thought Makeb would be the next update back then, so he's not exactly in the loop) and one post of "nothing's changed from that pre-launch post" three months ago... no. I don't care how lax a standard one applies, that's not addressing anything.

Oh, and Erickson's Guild Summit "we're wary about answering every time... not that we actually have!" fob-off answer from 9 months ago. Even the optimists know "this year" isn't going to happen. Addressing that hasn't happened either.

Slaign
12.04.2012 , 01:28 AM | #3607
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Depends on what you see as the issue - this being the clarification thread, I'd say the issue is "we've still absolutely no idea if we need to abandon our alts or if we'll see a work-around for 50s - 15 months on, letting us know how to wait is too much effort"

A rapidly revoked Tweet, an uncertain comment about office water-cooler gossip (dude also thought Makeb would be the next update back then, so he's not exactly in the loop) and one post of "nothing's changed from that pre-launch post" three months ago... no. I don't care how lax a standard one applies, that's not addressing anything.

Oh, and Erickson's Guild Summit "we're wary about answering every time... not that we actually have!" fob-off answer from 9 months ago. Even the optimists know "this year" isn't going to happen. Addressing that hasn't happened either.
Oh I agree with all of that. I'm just saying, he wasn't speaking in relation to the SGRA clarifications thread, he was speaking about SGRAs in general and his interview specifically. His point was that they said they are coming, and that he wouldn't get any more info even if he asks. I'm just saying that's not without merit.

I still wish he would have asked anyway, I don't see what it could have hurt. I get the feeling he didn't think about it, and he's just making excuses.

Palar
12.04.2012 , 01:29 AM | #3608
Quote: Originally Posted by Slaign View Post
I still wish he would have asked anyway, I don't see what it could have hurt. I get the feeling he didn't think about it, and he's just making excuses.
Or he knew not to waste his time asking... so tired of this whole debacle.

Tatile
12.04.2012 , 04:45 AM | #3609
Quote:
Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

I'd answer every question people ask me about #SWTOR if I could, but it's not always my right to do so. Hope people can understand that.
Quote:
Hall Hood ‏@hallhood

@SamyMerchi The official SWTOR forums will always be the best place to get answers from those who can give them.
I'd say the first one is likely in response to me, but without acknowledging my tweet so as to prevent a hubbub.

Still, Hall Hood is obviously labouring under a false impression of what the SWTOR forums are like.

Kioma
12.04.2012 , 05:08 AM | #3610
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I'd say the first one is likely in response to me, but without acknowledging my tweet so as to prevent a hubbub.

Still, Hall Hood is obviously labouring under a false impression of what the SWTOR forums are like.
Or he isn't under any such false impression, and the forums really ARE the best place to get answers 'from those who can give them' (which appears, on this matter at least, to be nobody). He might be entirely, acutely and painfully aware of the issue, and we can't fairly intuit his attitude toward this matter because the forums may ACTUALLY be the best place. Sad state of affairs? Yes. But he may very well be aware of that, too.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::