Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
12.03.2012 , 03:58 PM | #3561
Anyways, sent my letter to Massively.

And, argh, I'm SURE I wrote an essay in this thread about Bioware and SGRAs and... ****... but I can't find it D:< I don't want to have to rewrite something if it already exists.

Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope!

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Sod Tumblr. I dun want to write anymore

Samy_Merchi
12.03.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3562
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Say that a new Battlefield game was coming out that was not able to offer multiplayer at launch, but it was going to be available as a free DLC later. Then, for better part of a year, they don't talk about it and dodge any/all questions about it. Then all the employees that talked about this content are gone and the players are still left without a word.

I think this is a very good analogy. We deserve some word, whether it's yes or no.

Quote:
I am prepared for it to possibly be a "No," so long as they publicity come and tell us such.
Yeah, same here. At least then I could play my characters. I'd hate the fact that they won't be able to have any romance (except with guys that squick me out), but at least I wouldn't be keeping them on hold waiting for the content.

Palar
12.03.2012 , 04:14 PM | #3563
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I think this is a very good analogy. We deserve some word, whether it's yes or no.

Yeah, same here. At least then I could play my characters. I'd hate the fact that they won't be able to have any romance (except with guys that squick me out), but at least I wouldn't be keeping them on hold waiting for the content.
If they really think they'll loss more subs to honesty, than from slowly strangling consumer trust with this continually drawn-out campaign of silence that looks more and more like a 'bait and switch'... they're idiots.

Tatile
12.03.2012 , 04:23 PM | #3564
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
If they really think they'll loss more subs to honesty, than from slowly strangling consumer trust with this continually drawn-out campaign of silence that looks more and more like a 'bait and switch'... they're idiots.
On the subject of a long, drawn-out campaign of silence, from whom have we already requested siege engines and who else shall we turn to?

We have:
  • The PA Report
  • 1up.com
  • Kotaku.com
  • forbes.com
  • Dan Savage
  • Huffington Post
  • The Gawker
  • The Consumerist
  • Destructoid.com
  • Gaygamer.net
  • GLAAD
  • Massively

Much of that list is Natashina's, but I've contacted GLAAD, Gawker, PA Report and Massively. Anybody else want to contribute? Shall I set up a tally?

Eleuril
12.03.2012 , 04:24 PM | #3565
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
This.

I would mind rather less if I knew what to do with my characters. If the answer were "no", I might not be able to play them exactly as I envisioned them, but I would be able to play them. If I knew I would need to avoid playing them in order to access SGR content, I would be happy to wait for it to be implemented.

Lent_San
12.03.2012 , 04:29 PM | #3566
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
This.

I would mind rather less if I knew what to do with my characters. If the answer were "no", I might not be able to play them exactly as I envisioned them, but I would be able to play them. If I knew I would need to avoid playing them in order to access SGR content, I would be happy to wait for it to be implemented.
THIS indeed. Been lurking and reading mostly during the past few days, but this is exactly how I feel. I logged in a while ago, stared at my pretty femConsular who's 50 with Iresso by her side. Good for her. I have one other char in its twenties, but stopped playing since I've been waiting for SGR and don't want to spoil myself.

I ended up sighing loudly and logging out again.

Nozybidaj
12.03.2012 , 04:42 PM | #3567
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Anyways, sent my letter to Massively.

And, argh, I'm SURE I wrote an essay in this thread about Bioware and SGRAs and... ****... but I can't find it D:< I don't want to have to rewrite something if it already exists.

Help me Obi-wan, you're my only hope!

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ Sod Tumblr. I dun want to write anymore
This what you were looking for? http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=3556

Slaign
12.03.2012 , 04:45 PM | #3568
I tweeted Hall Hood, in hopes of getting an email to which I could write him about my concerns.

Quote:
@hallhood Hall, do you have a public email I can write to about a few concerns about future SWTOR story content? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
His response was an understandable one:

Quote:
@Slaign Hi! The best place to send story feedback is SWTOR's official forums--specifically, the "Story and Lore" category.
Naturally, I wasn't going to just leave it at that and mope back here to keep posting in vain. I had hoped for an email address because I wanted to get around the 140 character restriction, and hoped the privacy of email might allow him to be more candid with me. Still, I wanted to address him directly about our concerns, so this is what I said in a series of tweets:

Quote:
@hallhood Yes, well.. Are you aware of the unrest in that forum over same gender romances? People are writing letters to the press...(cont.)

@hallhood Considering organizing in game demonstrations, and more. The silence from BioWare has become deafening...(cont.)

@hallhood This is important to many, even a quick confirmation SGRAs are still in the works would go a long way to mending a growing rift.

@hallhood I thought with your recent comments on inclusiveness, you might be a sympathetic ear. We can only howl into silence for so long.
I don't expect him to reply. Even if he wants to, I doubt he is at liberty to do so. Still, at least the fact that he responded to my original tweet within half an hour does show he reads what is tweeted to him. If nothing else, at least Mr. Hood is now aware of how we feel, if he wasn't before. Optimistically, perhaps it will motivate him to raise the issue internally.

I encourage anyone who cares about this to send off a quick, polite tweet to Mr. Hood in support of SGRAs. It may feel useless, but making our passion clear is important, and it only takes a few moments.

Tatile
12.03.2012 , 04:56 PM | #3569
Quote: Originally Posted by Nozybidaj View Post
Thanks, but that's not the one. I'm probably imagining it; I've written so many damned letters over the months D:< And kept them catalogued here, for the most part.

Nozybidaj
12.03.2012 , 05:04 PM | #3570
Sometimes I just have to sit back and laugh when thinking about this. In this day, with the way the companion romances were implemented into the game as a core part of the class stories it just boggles my mind how this wasn't part of the game day 1. Now a year later we still don't have it.

The blatant disregard they've shown the community makes me wonder why I still even care enough to post or why I even bothered to return after so many months, and I guess its because I actually do really like the game, and more than that I'm a huge Star Wars fan but it really feels like we are just chasing the end of a rainbow here. You can always see the end but you'll never reach it.

Meh, I just tried to log in and find a character I felt like playing and realized half of them are parked in cantinas waiting on SGRA's and my disgust over this whole issue makes me feel like the other half aren't worth playing. You know when you get to the character select screen and decide its better just to Quit Game its time to move on.