Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twinbros
12.02.2012 , 04:50 AM | #3491
So, its only a few more days before SWTOR turns a year old. And from what the devs said at the Guild Summit, Same Gender romance was still "on schedule" to be released "this year" with full story. So....any updates? I google searched and there seems to not have been any updates given lately. I just want to make sure SWTOR keeps it's promise If I am to continue to play this game and hold off on my main characters.

Palar
12.02.2012 , 05:18 AM | #3492
Quote: Originally Posted by Twinbros View Post
So, its only a few more days before SWTOR turns a year old. And from what the devs said at the Guild Summit, Same Gender romance was still "on schedule" to be released "this year" with full story. So....any updates? I google searched and there seems to not have been any updates given lately. I just want to make sure SWTOR keeps it's promise If I am to continue to play this game and hold off on my main characters.
Absolutely nothing - they won't even tell us if we should hold off on levelling characters, or conversations.

Tatile
12.02.2012 , 06:23 AM | #3493
Quote: Originally Posted by Twinbros View Post
Write to GLAAD and ask them, Bioware has no clue that LGBT players even exist anymore.

Samy_Merchi
12.02.2012 , 10:24 AM | #3494
I'm sitting here really frustrated right now because I've got an evening free to play but all I can do is sit at the character select screen. My Warrior and Smuggler are capped. My Hunter/Agent/Knight are played up to the point where they receive Mako/Kaliyo/Kira and I dare not level them further lest I miss out on romance dialogues when they're implemented. I'm not interested in the Trooper class and my Consular and Inquisitor are healers for players who aren't logged on right now.

Granted, I fully acknowledge that it's my own personal preferences that render me unable to play right now, but I'm still frustrated as hell. I really wish romances were enabled so that I could move on with my Hunter/Agent/Knight characters.

I guess I'll just go play Dragon Age 2 instead to flirt with Isabela. I really wish I could play TOR instead to justify a subscription. Looks like I'm going to have to let my sub lapse again.

Macguyvok
12.02.2012 , 11:09 AM | #3495
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
I'm sitting here really frustrated right now because I've got an evening free to play but all I can do is sit at the character select screen. My Warrior and Smuggler are capped. My Hunter/Agent/Knight are played up to the point where they receive Mako/Kaliyo/Kira and I dare not level them further lest I miss out on romance dialogues when they're implemented. I'm not interested in the Trooper class and my Consular and Inquisitor are healers for players who aren't logged on right now.
I feel your pain. My warrior is capped, but has a little of Ilum left (ugh, that planet just feels so anti-climactic), my smuggler I RP with the wife, so we level together (also the only way to fake SGR), and most of the rest of my characters are as far along as I dare let get.

I have a male BountyHunter who's romancing Mako that I could play.... But he's starting tatooine. Tatooine is another planet that feels light on "why do I care" story elements. I'd find someone and RP to pass the time.... But RP in this game is hit or miss unless you know the people. Ah, well.

Nozybidaj
12.02.2012 , 01:10 PM | #3496
Quote: Originally Posted by Samy_Merchi View Post
... I really wish romances were enabled so that I could move on with my Hunter/Agent/Knight characters.
... Looks like I'm going to have to let my sub lapse again.
Same situation here, most of my characters are all just sitting around in cantina's waiting for this content. I did start an IA cause I heard the story was good, but it only took about a week before I lost interest again, mainly do to this issue. Coming back for a month I knew eventually this issue would override any fun I was having in game, but a week was pretty quick. They've taken sooo long to do or say anything about this I can't help but feel they couldn't care less. I doubt I'll be back again after my month elapses.

natashina
12.02.2012 , 02:16 PM | #3497
Welcome to the thread! I'm going to copy and paste this from a couple of pages back.

Quote:
Here's the link to GLAAD:

http://www.glaad.org/contact

Thanks so much! Spread the word and tell your friends to send their mails too! Even if they don't play ToR, this is something that I think the entire LGBT gaming community needs to know about. Particularly since EA talks quite a bit about their inclusion of that community w/ SGR content.
I have a strong feeling that this is the only way to get their attention. With all of us writing GLAAD and working together, we'll be able to get some action going. Finally.

Enough is enough.

natashina
12.02.2012 , 03:01 PM | #3498
It doesn't matter if you're in the US, Canada or Across the Pond. GLAAD will still read and listen. Why give up hope when we can finally fight back? All of us are sick and tired of this childish nonsense coming from BW/EA.

Worse case scenario it doesn't work. That wouldn't change anything. We're used to being at square 1, so no harm in trying.

Best case? BW/EA is publicly humiliated and closely watched until SGRs are put into the game.

Talk to your guildies, talk to your friends in and out of game. Let's have some fun and try to get this done.

Okay, I rhymed. But you get my point. This cannot be allowed to go on. ToR is one thing, but lying to an entire community that they have SGRs in all of their current games is another.

I for one am really pissed off about being treated like a second class citizen that is also used as an example for how good EA is with LGBT gamers.

You know, I'm starting to feel like that "gay friend," that every bigot claims to have.

"I can't be homophobic! I have a gay friend."

EA: "We're not anti SGRs! Look, we have gay content in other games! We give benefits to same sex couples!"

Ridiculous.

I didn't tolerate it in high school over 15 years ago when I was outed as bi, I'm not going to put up with it now as a 33 year old woman.

To quote Darkwing Duck here:

Let's get dangerous.

Samy_Merchi
12.02.2012 , 03:05 PM | #3499
I sent mine.

Enough is enough.

Zandilar
12.02.2012 , 05:52 PM | #3500
Just had a quick glance through the Vette 101, and noticed that again in the romance section - while the big picture is a male Sith and Vette, the text is gender-neutral (deliberately so).
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.