Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MoogleNut's Avatar


MoogleNut
12.01.2012 , 06:57 AM | #3461
I couldn't help myself -had a peek in general.
It's really sad that Uluain has felt the need to vent - all this could've been avoided if they'd just answered with a simple "We're still on track".

One of the comments in general was about them not saying anything in the live-stream, therefore it wasn't an issue (I'm paraphrasing here) - completely missing the point that despite a high percentage of people asking pre-stream, the question wasn't even asked- although it did seem to me they skirted around it - many times a question was about to be asked then hurriedly changed at the last moment.

It is a pleasant surprise to see some posters in favour of the content - most of whom I've never seen in our little corner of the forum so good on them.

And Chaac - major kudos for staying so calm in there, I couldn't do it.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
12.01.2012 , 07:03 AM | #3462
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
I couldn't help myself -had a peek in general.
It's really sad that Uluain has felt the need to vent - all this could've been avoided if they'd just answered with a simple "We're still on track".
Or, for that matter, a 'No, we're no longer doing it.' Or just about anything in between.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

MoogleNut's Avatar


MoogleNut
12.01.2012 , 07:12 AM | #3463
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Or, for that matter, a 'No, we're no longer doing it.' Or just about anything in between.
True.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I really don't know what I'll do if they come out and say it's not happening - I really love this game, but as a gay gamer it's getting harder to justify giving money to a group of people who don't seem to care - especially it being a Bioware game.

It's such as shame Bioware Edmonton are not in charge

To brighten the mood a bit - and totally related to ToR - Revan has just given Malak a new helmet - serves him right for stabbing her in the back

http://twitpic.com/bhsk2u

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
12.01.2012 , 07:22 AM | #3464
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
True.

And as much as I hate to admit it, I really don't know what I'll do if they come out and say it's not happening - I really love this game, but as a gay gamer it's getting harder to justify giving money to a group of people who don't seem to care - especially it being a Bioware game.

It's such as shame Bioware Edmonton are not in charge
Does there need to be justification, really? In the end of things it's a game; play the game until it's no longer fun, for whatever reason. If that means stopping because you can't respect the company any more, well, that's a perfectly valid reason as long as it's your reason.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
To brighten the mood a bit - and totally related to ToR - Revan has just given Malak a new helmet - serves him right for stabbing her in the back

http://twitpic.com/bhsk2u
O.O
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

MoogleNut's Avatar


MoogleNut
12.01.2012 , 07:34 AM | #3465
Yeah, the fact that this is a Bioware game is what makes it so hard to deal with - if it was by any other developer I think most of us can agree lack of SGRAs wouldn't be an issue - but their inclusion is one of the things that sets Bioware apart from most other game developers out there.

It has become increasingly clear though that Bioware Austin may be Bioware in name, but it is certainly NOT Bioware in spirit, which does lessen the disappointment somewhat, but it is still there.

As for the picture - I've recently moved home, and my new keys are the wrong shape for my key-cover, figured Malak's head would be the perfect place to keep it safe hehe.

_biddan_'s Avatar


_biddan_
12.01.2012 , 08:08 AM | #3466
oh man how i love this thread,it's so full of hate and passion,a true beacon of the dark side.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Lent_San's Avatar


Lent_San
12.01.2012 , 08:53 AM | #3467
I just found out that I'm not allowed to post in the forums if I don't have an active sub, so I subbed again for two months. I kind of feel a little discriminated now, since the whole reason for cancelling my sub is that SGRs are not in the game.

So, it's like being double-screwed. I may not have SGR and I may not even complain about it publically anymore.

amnie's Avatar


amnie
12.01.2012 , 08:58 AM | #3468
I gave in and replied, but only because that one post really really bothered me, and I .do. hope that while I probably won't make the people I directly reply to rethink, there might be someone reading it and understanding why this is really a sad sad affair.

Kioma's Avatar


Kioma
12.01.2012 , 08:59 AM | #3469
Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
Yeah, the fact that this is a Bioware game is what makes it so hard to deal with - if it was by any other developer I think most of us can agree lack of SGRAs wouldn't be an issue - but their inclusion is one of the things that sets Bioware apart from most other game developers out there.
Well... I think it'd still be an issue but it wouldn't be a disappointment on top of that. I do see what you mean, of course. The lack of inclusion is the wound, the fact that it's Bioware is the salt and the refusal to be straight and open with us is the twist of the knife.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
It has become increasingly clear though that Bioware Austin may be Bioware in name, but it is certainly NOT Bioware in spirit, which does lessen the disappointment somewhat, but it is still there.
That, to me, is the worst part of it. It's that Bioware has made a name for itself by including same sex content and, I might add, treating it really well for the most part. This should have been implemented better. it should have been addressed better. The ongoing matter should have been dealt with better. And it all should have been (and should BE) dealt with better because Bioware knows better than this.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
As for the picture - I've recently moved home, and my new keys are the wrong shape for my key-cover, figured Malak's head would be the perfect place to keep it safe hehe.
Ahh, gotcha. I thought it was some weird genre cross-over for a second there.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Nozybidaj's Avatar


Nozybidaj
12.01.2012 , 09:07 AM | #3470
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
The forums don't get moderated quickly enough any more (presumably due to fewer staff) to make that thread anything but a hate-fest of trolls baiting people into flame-war arguments. I presume it'll get closed soon enough (if it hasn't been already by the time I post this).
It is a SGRA thread outside the containment zone. Its already gone actually. And I was just getting ready to make a post there too, darn.