Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uluain
11.05.2012 , 03:57 PM | #2961
See, that is the one thing that did not seem in doubt from Gabe Amatangelo's interview. He didn't know if it was the Makeb content patch or not, and said so, but he was quite assured that same-gender romance was being worked on and would be implemented. That's as-of roughly August 16, and he is still very much with the studio.

Likewise, at one point in time, Hall Hood (lead writer) pointed to that same video interview as "the official word", but seems to have been required to retract that without comment, and the post no longer shows on his Twitter feed.

So no, we do not only have year old assurances from people no longer with the studio, but those remain the only substantive ones. I am playing because I like the game for the most part, and to give BioWare the rest of the year to keep its promises. After that, we'll see.

stuffystuffs
11.05.2012 , 04:23 PM | #2962
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Which will result in a lot of the "anti" crowd yelling at Bioware for trying to sneak SGRA's in through the back door.
Probably, but they will complain regardless.

I'm still of the impression that there won't be a lot of companion SGRA's added so a lot of people on the PTS probably won't even notice, especially if they glossed over the patch notes. Though, I'd say the average SWTOR gamer doesn't have an issue with SGRA anyway.

I do expect a few "I can flirt with <insert male companion's name> wth? Is this a bug??!??" threads to pop up though.

Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
So no, we do not only have year old assurances from people no longer with the studio, but those remain the only substantive ones.
I don't think it matters that they are no longer with the company. The statement was made while they represented EA/BW and TOR and I think the statements stick with the company and not the individuals that made them.

But...would still like to hear something new from a current employee
Node guarder

Uluain
11.05.2012 , 04:29 PM | #2963
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I don't think it matters that they are no longer with the company. The statement was made while they represented EA/BW and TOR and I think the statements stick with the company and not the individuals that made them.

But...would still like to hear something new from a current employee
Well, in truth, I don't either. But people are using their departure as fodder for saying this won't (or shouldn't) happen, so a new position statement might be all to the good.

As for wanting to hear something from someone with the studio now, you are not alone. In fact. at my last count, posts addressing SGRs made up about 27% of the Hall Hood Developer Q&A thread on General Discussion.

Tatile
11.05.2012 , 04:31 PM | #2964
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Well, in truth, I don't either. But people are using their departure as fodder for saying this won't (or shouldn't) happen, so a new position statement might be all to the good.

As for wanting to hear something from someone with the studio now, you are not alone. In fact. at my last count, posts addressing SGRs made up about 27% of the Hall Hood Developer Q&A thread on General Discussion.
When do we expect the answers to be? I want to know when I should buy comfort food.

Uluain
11.05.2012 , 05:26 PM | #2965
No idea. It only went up on the 1st. I imagine they may give it a full week. If I were feeling really diligent, I'd go look to see how long other Dev threads remained open for questions, but I am having after-dinner coffee and feeling torpid.

Captain_Zone
11.05.2012 , 06:05 PM | #2966
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Whilst I stated earlier in this thread I would have no problem with SGR being added tomorrow, your posts do come accross as extremely arrogant.

In reality you have the word of writers / developers who mostly no longer even work for BW. The amount of actual commitment to implementing SGR is quite scarce and from what I have seen amounts to maybe half a dozen references to this feature being added.

The tone of your posts however is that this is actually definitely coming and as we all know, until its confirmed with a release date by a dev and detailed in patch notes then nothing is guaranteed.

You are so emphatic it actually makes me wonder, why have BW been so scant on detail and so quiet about SGR aside from the generic "yeah we'd love to add that to the game and its in definitely in the works" type of response?

Driz
BioWare actually has a history of including SGRs in their games, since the first full-on SGRs in Jade Empire. The Mass Effect and Dragon Age series had them as well, so now it's not an "if" question but a "when" question for most BioWare fans. I admit that I couldn't make a female toon at the start for an SGR with Kira. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy the game. It's a fun game with great storytelling.

My point is that it's expected of BioWare these days. The game sales of Jade Empire, Mass Effect, and Dragon Age didn't suffer because of SGRs. From deducing EA's shady policies from over 10 years of having to deal with ticked off customers, I'm pretty sure that they, not BioWare, are holding SGRs up here.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Palar
11.05.2012 , 06:29 PM | #2967
And no shut-down.. maybe they're doing the whole hog later in the week, maybe it's not ready yet. "This year" is looking shaky, though.

(Time for another) "Hello? Is this thing on? Major Tom to Community Team?"

Edit - we're rounding home on #3000, a big round number is a nice place for a Yellow post. Jus' sayin'

Tatile
11.05.2012 , 06:32 PM | #2968
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
And no shut-down.. maybe they're doing the whole hog later in the week, maybe it's not ready yet. "This year" is looking shaky, though.

(Time for another) "Hello? Is this thing on? Major Tom to Community Team?"
Give it a shot, they don't talk to me anymore

Like Uluain said, they like to release big patches on Thursdays.

Palar
11.05.2012 , 07:54 PM | #2969
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...16#post5370116

So much for that.. Is it wrong of me to laugh angrily when Joveth says "You shouldn't have to wait too for long for info"?

HellbirdIV
11.05.2012 , 08:04 PM | #2970
Been off the forums for a while so I may have missed a previous discussion about it - Disney acquiring LucasArts, thereby final creative control over content in this game. Is it time to start panicking about SGRs being shelved for good yet?

I'm asking out of genuine interest because as a non-American, I really don't know much about the political side of Disney, as it appears set to "represent core american beliefs".