Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eleuril
11.04.2012 , 05:54 AM | #2941
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Exactly what hedging bets means. They want to see which way the wind will blow before the deploy SGRs. I have faith that it will be deployed, but I still see no real need for the delay. Like I said before, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire didn't suffer in sales because of SGRs.
If they've spent the money developing SGRs, it's going to depend on whether they think they'll lose more money through implementing it than through dropping content that's cost them. As you have said, other games haven't suffered. On the contrary, as I have said myself, I am sure they would lose a large chunk of their LGBT playerbase, which would be bad for business in the long term.

I can see their reasoning but I think that since they will probably end up implementing the content anyway, you're right in questioning the need for all of this.

Captain_Zone
11.04.2012 , 10:12 AM | #2942
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
If they've spent the money developing SGRs, it's going to depend on whether they think they'll lose more money through implementing it than through dropping content that's cost them. As you have said, other games haven't suffered. On the contrary, as I have said myself, I am sure they would lose a large chunk of their LGBT playerbase, which would be bad for business in the long term.

I can see their reasoning but I think that since they will probably end up implementing the content anyway, you're right in questioning the need for all of this.
Not only would they probably lose a lot of LGBT players, but also some of us straight guys that like to watch two ladies kiss. As Lord Nefarid said: "I enjoy the simple things in life. Don't judge me."
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Tatile
11.04.2012 , 10:15 AM | #2943
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Not only would they probably lose a lot of LGBT players, but also some of us straight guys that like to watch two ladies kiss. As Lord Nefarid said: "I enjoy the simple things in life. Don't judge me."
Not to mention when word gets out (and I will ensure that it does) EA will likely lose a lot of credibility in the LGBT community.

JacenHallis
11.05.2012 , 02:44 AM | #2944
Don't mind me. Just posting my support here so that I can remember to catch up on the thread when I check the forums.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

Joronas
11.05.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2945
Well, I'm tired of being off-topic (since this is about getting clarifications and how they can be put into the game!).

Hopefully, the answer to that is seamlessly, within the year we were promised, and up to the Bioware standard.. with some way to work for those of us who have multiple 50s!

stuffystuffs
11.05.2012 , 10:09 AM | #2946
Quote: Originally Posted by Joronas View Post
Hopefully, the answer to that is seamlessly, within the year we were promised, and up to the Bioware standard.. with some way to work for those of us who have multiple 50s!
Hmmm...well, 1.5 might come out this week so hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Node guarder

ImperialSun
11.05.2012 , 10:22 AM | #2947
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
Hmmm...well, 1.5 might come out this week so hopefully we'll hear something soon.
Given the plethora of additional dialogue / choices required to implement SGR I would guess that BW would not just drop it into live without a decent testing period to iron out any bugs...well thats the theory anyway

Given that SGR is not currently included within the PTS version of 1.5 I think it's doubtful to be included and I think you will be looking at the next content release. With BW's commitment to release content circa every 6 weeks my guess is that SGR will be implemented some time in the new year, potentially as part of the Makeb / Cathar patch?

Driz

stuffystuffs
11.05.2012 , 10:35 AM | #2948
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Given the plethora of additional dialogue / choices required to implement SGR I would guess that BW would not just drop it into live without a decent testing period to iron out any bugs...well thats the theory anyway

Given that SGR is not currently included within the PTS version of 1.5 I think it's doubtful to be included and I think you will be looking at the next content release. With BW's commitment to release content circa every 6 weeks my guess is that SGR will be implemented some time in the new year, potentially as part of the Makeb / Cathar patch?

Driz
Oh, let me clarify my post. I know it's not coming with 1.5. I mean, perhaps it will be with the next patch (1.6) and we will hear something shortly when it hits the PTS.

I also think it's likely that it won't be until the patch after that and we won't see anything until early next year (Jan/Feb) which wouldn't personally bother me even though it's not 'this year'.
Node guarder

Uluain
11.05.2012 , 10:45 AM | #2949
We know the new warzone, Ancient Hypergates, is not in 1.5. And, while they have not given a date for it, they have said the new warzone will be "in the next major patch after 1.5" and "definitely before the year's end." So there is at least one more major content patch after 1.5 this year. The last we heard about SGRs in any definite way also said "this year".

Seeing as we have asked if we are still on track, and they haven't told us differently (or, for that matter, anything, ever on these forums), it had damned well better be THIS YEAR.

SenatorPalpaTANG
11.05.2012 , 11:03 AM | #2950
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Seeing as we have asked if we are still on track, and they haven't told us differently (or, for that matter, anything, ever on these forums), it had damned well better be THIS YEAR.
Why do people care so much about this?

Companion development stops with your class story and they basically become battle pets/craft bots... so who cares? The romances in this game are such a minor part of the overall story.

They can push this off for another year for all i care if they can fix their bugs and get some real new content out.
VIGILANCE Rancor Rider