Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eleuril
11.03.2012 , 12:22 PM | #2931
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
Know what would be the icing on the BS cake if that were true?

We know that some of the VAs have come back for some voice work after SWTOR launched. A lot of us assumed they were finishing off the SGRA work.

What if they just came in to do voice work for the ten new space combat missions that are coming out? If they spent the time and resources on the least used aspect of the game and still excluded SGRA content. The uproar would be deafening.

Of course that's just a wild arsed theory, like so many others that have been on the thread. You know what would make the crazy theories go away EA/BW?

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!
Oh yes, I know it's a paranoid, wild theory of mine. I still think we'll be seeing SGRs in the not-too-distant future but the lack of concrete information isn't confidence-inspiring. I'm partly just trying to work through possible reasons for the ongoing silence and that means I'm also considering worst-case scenarios.

Uluain
11.03.2012 , 12:23 PM | #2932
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I won't keep playing and neither will my husband. I am already unhappy with the game over all, not what I had expected. Although the prospect of not dealing with people like some on here is appealing.
Perhaps you shoud re-evaluate how you have treated them to provoke such a response. I cannot say you will be missed.

Baptes
11.03.2012 , 01:28 PM | #2933
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
Oh yes, I know it's a paranoid, wild theory of mine. I still think we'll be seeing SGRs in the not-too-distant future but the lack of concrete information isn't confidence-inspiring. I'm partly just trying to work through possible reasons for the ongoing silence and that means I'm also considering worst-case scenarios.
I was actually referring to my (hopefully) laughable theory about the VAs.

But the fact remains, only EA/BW have the ability to settle all these wild theories.

EA/BW, to quote Captain Planet: The power is yours!

Eleuril
11.03.2012 , 01:48 PM | #2934
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
I was actually referring to my (hopefully) laughable theory about the VAs.
Oh? Fair enough

DarthRamette
11.03.2012 , 02:51 PM | #2935
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Perhaps you shoud re-evaluate how you have treated them to provoke such a response. I cannot say you will be missed.
For voicing my opinion that I do not want SGR's in the game...its my opinion and if irks people oh well. I find others peoples opinions annoying, that's life. I have not said anything against Gay people in here, I have simply expressed my desire to not have it in my game. For that I am treated like the devil.

Tatile
11.03.2012 , 02:55 PM | #2936
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
For voicing my opinion that I do not want SGR's in the game...its my opinion and if irks people oh well. I find others peoples opinions annoying, that's life. I have not said anything against Gay people in here, I have simply expressed my desire to not have it in my game. For that I am treated like the devil.
Thing is, you don't have to have it "your" game. It's merely an option you don't have to participate in if you do not want to. The problem occurs when people take the "I don't want to engage in this content" to the point of "No one should have access to this content".

Uluain
11.03.2012 , 03:25 PM | #2937
And if the objection is to even seeing the prompts for options you do not want, I'm sorry, but this really may not be the game for you. This is a pending feature. It's been announced as such since before launch. Players will have the same option to avoid playing through same-gender romantic content as they do any opposite-gender romantic content. If that isn't adequate, I am afraid you are out of luck.

Captain_Zone
11.03.2012 , 04:47 PM | #2938
I still think you were onto something about EA hedging their bets. I've had to deal with EA for QUITE a while, since I used to work in videogame sales. They're shady at the best of times, and downright evil the rest of the time. lol
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.

Eleuril
11.03.2012 , 05:05 PM | #2939
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I still think you were onto something about EA hedging their bets. I've had to deal with EA for QUITE a while, since I used to work in videogame sales. They're shady at the best of times, and downright evil the rest of the time. lol
Mm. I'm not sure they'd scrap the whole thing, but I wouldn't put it past them to get as much out of the subscriptions as possible before implementing something like SGR.

Captain_Zone
11.03.2012 , 11:46 PM | #2940
Mm. I'm not sure they'd scrap the whole thing, but I wouldn't put it past them to get as much out of the subscriptions as possible before implementing something like SGR.
Exactly what hedging bets means. They want to see which way the wind will blow before the deploy SGRs. I have faith that it will be deployed, but I still see no real need for the delay. Like I said before, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, and Jade Empire didn't suffer in sales because of SGRs.
. OPOD
Best Dark Side Points in the game: Bounty Hunter ROFLCURBSTOMPING that nobleman on Alderaan when he mouths off.