Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Revanchis
11.03.2012 , 08:39 AM | #2921
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
This is the first Bioware game I've played. I must say, if future titles are going to treat the player base with this amount of contempt, I won't be buying them.

I may be playing them, however.

Ethical piracy? *shrugs*
Oh, you should really consider going back and playing some of their classic, Dragon Age: Origins stands out as one of my personal favorites. I'm not sure how you feel about older games, but KotOR remains as my all time favorite game, although the game is quite dated at this point and a bit clunky.

Actually thinking about those awesome games I may take a break to go replay DA:O, for one it actually allowed you to romance people of the same gender.

Tatile
11.03.2012 , 08:42 AM | #2922
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
Oh, you should really consider going back and playing some of their classic, Dragon Age: Origins stands out as one of my personal favorites. I'm not sure how you feel about older games, but KotOR remains as my all time favorite game, although the game is quite dated at this point and a bit clunky.

Actually thinking about those awesome games I may take a break to go replay DA:O, for one it actually allowed you to romance people of the same gender.
I'm not big on single-player games, even though I suppose I should be, as I enjoy stories. I think the other half has a copy of the Dragon Age game floating around somewhere...

Chaac
11.03.2012 , 10:05 AM | #2923
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post

I only recently played DA:O for the first time after my boyfriend convinced me to and I was more than pleasantly surprised to find that not only could I romance Zevran (which was totally awesome) but that you weren't locked into a specific gender at the brothel. Really didn't expect that given how much older the game is and how long it took to get MM SGR's in Mass Effect.
Wedge: "I don't like this notion of dovin basal mines that pursue you."
Han: "Me, either. I'm going to draft a strongly worded letter to the Yuuzhan Vong high commander and insist he stop using them."

Baptes
11.03.2012 , 10:44 AM | #2924
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
This is the first Bioware game I've played. I must say, if future titles are going to treat the player base with this amount of contempt, I won't be buying them.

I may be playing them, however.

Ethical piracy? *shrugs*
This is my first Bioware game as well. Also my first EA game (how I lucked out in that regard I have no idea).

With (in my opinion) the way they have routinely treated the playerbase poorly, this will also be my last game by either company.

And I may be unsubbing from SWTOR if something doesn't change.

Crashing since 1.4, this last patch (1.4.3?) has made the game an unplayable slideshow that still crashes every 1 to 2 hours.

Add to that the whole "back of the bus" treatment SGRAs have gotten, I seriously wonder why I try to play this game.

Try being the operative word. Haven't had a 3+ hour play session in about a month now.

Captain_Zone
11.03.2012 , 11:05 AM | #2925
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
That's different, because they say so. Maybe they think it'll be a 'fade to rainbows', rather than a 'fade to black', and the garish lights will give them head-aches... even though they won't be clicking on it?
I LOL'd.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Eleuril
11.03.2012 , 11:19 AM | #2926
I know I am being incredibly paranoid here but I wonder if they're waiting 'til after F2P goes live to tell us it's been scrapped. That way it matters less if people unsub over it. It would still be a stupid move to scrap the whole thing because it would mean a lot of people wouldn't buy Bioware games in the future and I get the impression the company has previously attracted quite a lot of LGBT gamers.

Equally, maybe they are waiting 'til F2P goes live to bring out the announcement that will upset the people who don't want SGRs to be included.

DarthRamette
11.03.2012 , 11:21 AM | #2927
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
You get to keep playing?

Out of curiosity, what if it is?
I won't keep playing and neither will my husband. I am already unhappy with the game over all, not what I had expected. Although the prospect of not dealing with people like some on here is appealing.

Captain_Zone
11.03.2012 , 11:30 AM | #2928
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
I know I am being incredibly paranoid here but I wonder if they're waiting 'til after F2P goes live to tell us it's been scrapped. That way it matters less if people unsub over it. It would still be a stupid move to scrap the whole thing because it would mean a lot of people wouldn't buy Bioware games in the future and I get the impression the company has previously attracted quite a lot of LGBT gamers.

Equally, maybe they are waiting 'til F2P goes live to bring out the announcement that will upset the people who don't want SGRs to be included.
That actually makes a strange kind of sense. It seems like EA might be hedging their bets. The funny thing is that SGRs have never hurt BioWare game sales. Jade Empire was a bestseller, as was the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age games. No reason for them to hedge bets over this, imo. But then, EA has always acted shady, so I can't say I'm surprised.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Baptes
11.03.2012 , 11:50 AM | #2929
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post

Know what would be the icing on the BS cake if that were true?

We know that some of the VAs have come back for some voice work after SWTOR launched. A lot of us assumed they were finishing off the SGRA work.

What if they just came in to do voice work for the ten new space combat missions that are coming out? If they spent the time and resources on the least used aspect of the game and still excluded SGRA content. The uproar would be deafening.

Of course that's just a wild arsed theory, like so many others that have been on the thread. You know what would make the crazy theories go away EA/BW?

ANSWER THE FREAKING QUESTIONS!!!!!!!!!

Tatile
11.03.2012 , 12:19 PM | #2930
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
I won't keep playing and neither will my husband. I am already unhappy with the game over all, not what I had expected. Although the prospect of not dealing with people like some on here is appealing.
I hope you find more games that are appealing to you - there certainly is a wealth of genres out there.