Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthRamette
10.30.2012 , 06:38 PM | #2771
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Why? Disney allows gay couples to marry in its theme park chapels and allowed its subsidiary, Marvel Comics, to introduce a male superhero's male love interest and print the story of their wedding (though, to be fair, Archie Comics beat them to it - and that was also an interracial couple, one of whom was in the military, but I digress). Lucas Arts will continue to function as Lucas Arts with the same employees in the same location. No reason to expect this to change.

But congrats on being the first person on the forums to troll us with this "argument". Next time, you might want to look into the facts before leaping to an unwarranted conclusion, however.
I simply said things may have changed, I didnt say they did, try re-reading my post. You don't know what if any influence Disney may have on the game, and neither do I. Feel free to jump all over my post if you like, I have every right to post it, or will you report it?

GregSJ
10.30.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2772
I'm not sure if this had been answered yet. But yes Visas is most definitely a same-sex romance option, as much as anyone else is in KOTOR 2. I have romanced her as both male and female characters. There is an interaction that takes place which can only be triggered by a high affection and light side rating just before you head to Telos to face Nihlus.

Let me quote the interaction.

"I ask you... I beg you to stay here.. with me."

"I want to look upon you, where no one else can see, where it is just us. I want to see your face, the color of your skin. I wish to see what the Handmaiden sees when she looks at you that causes her heart to race, and her tone to change. What causes her to forsake her heritage, her oaths... as you made me forsake mine. I... need to know if perhaps I am wrong, if the universe is not as my Master once showed me."

"From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you. It is the echo, a wound that travels still, that when heard, made me understand that there was another wounded as I was, one who had felt the same sense of loss. When i heard it, I loved you more than my own life. And I wanted you to be here, with me, for as long as you will let me love you. Stay... And I want you to see what I see when I gaze upon you. I want you to know why I cannot look at you, and why I am drawn to you."

I'd say that interaction doesn't leave much to doubt.
"No poor meatbag ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making other meatbags die for their country."
―HK-47

OldVengeance
10.30.2012 , 06:53 PM | #2773
I know that Darkside Exiles get Hanharr and Lightside or Neutral Exiles get Mira, but I read somewhere that alignment specific availability was also going to apply to Brianna and Visas too before that was changed for the final game. I could be wrong, but I do remember that was what somewhere said.

Palar
10.30.2012 , 07:17 PM | #2774
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthRamette View Post
Things may have changed now that Lucas has sold SW to Disney for 4 Billion yes with a B, Billion.
Very doubtful -if I understand correctly from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...billion-384448, they only bought Lucasfilm. No mention of Lucasarts, and I imagine they'd have to go back and re-negotiate with EA/BW to yank content they already agreed upon.

I'd be more worried about where "Clone Wars" stands after this, since the deal sounds like it only effects the film series and not prequel games in the EU.

Burgdawg
10.30.2012 , 07:25 PM | #2775
When is this thread going to die? They freakin' get it, ok people? Nearly 300 pages later and I think they get the damn point.
Mace Windu: "I'm a prophet. I can see the future..." Thug: "Sure you can. What do you see?" Mace Windu: "You. Bleeding." ―Mace Windu and a very unfortunate thug

OldVengeance
10.30.2012 , 07:25 PM | #2776
Quote: Originally Posted by GregSJ View Post
I'm not sure if this had been answered yet. But yes Visas is most definitely a same-sex romance option, as much as anyone else is in KOTOR 2. I have romanced her as both male and female characters. There is an interaction that takes place which can only be triggered by a high affection and light side rating just before you head to Telos to face Nihlus.

Let me quote the interaction.

"I ask you... I beg you to stay here.. with me."

"I want to look upon you, where no one else can see, where it is just us. I want to see your face, the color of your skin. I wish to see what the Handmaiden sees when she looks at you that causes her heart to race, and her tone to change. What causes her to forsake her heritage, her oaths... as you made me forsake mine. I... need to know if perhaps I am wrong, if the universe is not as my Master once showed me."

"From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you. It is the echo, a wound that travels still, that when heard, made me understand that there was another wounded as I was, one who had felt the same sense of loss. When i heard it, I loved you more than my own life. And I wanted you to be here, with me, for as long as you will let me love you. Stay... And I want you to see what I see when I gaze upon you. I want you to know why I cannot look at you, and why I am drawn to you."

I'd say that interaction doesn't leave much to doubt.
That dialogue definitely can't happen with a female without a bug or a mod. The Handmaiden never joins the crew of a female Exile so why would she want to see what she sees that causes her heart to race and her tone to change?

Palar
10.30.2012 , 07:31 PM | #2777
Quote: Originally Posted by Burgdawg View Post
When is this thread going to die? They freakin' get it, ok people? Nearly 300 pages later and I think they get the damn point.
The 'point' is get answers to anything in the FAQ - http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...postcount=2368. That's why it says "clarifications" in the thread title.

Bladesingre
10.30.2012 , 07:59 PM | #2778
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Very doubtful -if I understand correctly from http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...billion-384448, they only bought Lucasfilm. No mention of Lucasarts, and I imagine they'd have to go back and re-negotiate with EA/BW to yank content they already agreed upon.

I'd be more worried about where "Clone Wars" stands after this, since the deal sounds like it only effects the film series and not prequel games in the EU.
Taken from Lucasarts main page: QUOTE: LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are registered trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. 2012 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. & or as indicated. All rights reserved.

Lucasarts is now owned by Disney, explains why nothing has been said to any of you folks...

Uluain
10.30.2012 , 08:17 PM | #2779
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Actually, they did get Lucas Arts among other things according to the Disney press release:
Quote:
Disney will also acquire the substantial portfolio of cutting-edge entertainment technologies that have kept audiences enthralled for many years. Lucasfilm, headquartered in San Francisco, operates under the names Lucasfilm Ltd., LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, and Skywalker Sound, and the present intent is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Uluain
10.30.2012 , 08:18 PM | #2780
Quote: Originally Posted by Bladesingre View Post
Lucasarts is now owned by Disney, explains why nothing has been said to any of you folks...
Have you not bothered to read explanations of why Disney is no more likely to cancel this than Lucas was? No?

Go do that.