Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Belora's Avatar


Belora
10.30.2012 , 04:36 PM | #2751
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Does seem like a waste to spend all that time writing, recording and coding this content and then not put it in the game.
Even for those who may end up renaming/re-purposing the companions in their own head!canon.. agreed.
"Pazaak, anyone?"
A cannon uses explosive-based propellents to launch a projectile. Canon is creative work that's official to a universe.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.30.2012 , 04:41 PM | #2752
Quote: Originally Posted by Belora View Post
Even for those who may end up renaming/re-purposing the companions in their own head!canon.. agreed.
I can't remember enough of the conversations to head-canon with anyone, let alone all the nuances of their personalities. Much easier just to invent my own Sith to ship

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
10.30.2012 , 05:08 PM | #2753
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
It's probably too early to tell if this means anything for us... But Disney just bought out Lucasarts. Too many credible sources are talking about this now for it to be a hoax. (Of course, now I've written that, I'm sure it'll be proved as a hoax and I'll look like an idiot.)

ETA: The story just popped up on my local newspaper (theage.com.au, which is owned by Fairfax).
Disney also bought up Marvel Comics... before the X-men storyline featuring a gay male couple marrying was published. Disney is up to par on extending spousal benefits to even unmarried same-sex partners, and Disney allows same-sex weddings in its theme-park chapels. I don't expect they will have any objection at all.

But I do expect "Disney won't let them" to become a tediously frequent argument of those opposed.

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.30.2012 , 05:10 PM | #2754
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Disney also bought up Marvel Comics... before the X-men storyline featuring a gay male couple marrying was published. Disney is up to par on extending spousal benefits to even unmarried same-sex partners, and Disney allows same-sex weddings in its theme-park chapels. I don't expect they will have any objection at all.

But I do expect "Disney won't let them" to become a tediously frequent argument of those opposed.
Oh no, this is going to be the new "LucasArts won't let them do it".

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.30.2012 , 05:11 PM | #2755
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
Oh no, this is going to be the new "LucasArts won't let them do it".
Whelp, better start gathering evidence on why those people are wrong.

Uluain's Avatar


Uluain
10.30.2012 , 05:13 PM | #2756
Quote: Originally Posted by Belora View Post
Even for those who may end up renaming/re-purposing the companions in their own head!canon.. agreed.
Already have. Corso is re-imagined as Gunner, a crewman on the Auric Wind, where my Gunslinger, Skypp Destin, is First Mate and acting captain while the actual captain and owner is on ice for the forseeable future. Their relationship is complicated but solid.

Likewise, my Kira is rather different, a consular paired with my Guardian so that they can mutually support each other's missions as needed. Their relationship is strictly professional.

I run these stories in my head parallel to playing and enjoying the class stories, but that's fairly typical of roleplayers.

Scotwest's Avatar


Scotwest
10.30.2012 , 05:18 PM | #2757
Disney purchased Lucas Film, which includes all the subsidiary companies, including LucasArts, but I'd be astonished if the transaction slowed or derailed the introduction of SGRAs to SWTOR. They're a pretty gay-friendly company, and have a history of turning a deaf ear to criticisms of that policy, so they're unlikely to interfere with content that's already in the pipeline -- especially when doing so would cause an instant and unwelcome controversy.

Palar's Avatar


Palar
10.30.2012 , 05:22 PM | #2758
Oh joy of joys, more fuel for the trolls - here we go again. Channeling my inner idiot.... "Northstar doesn't mean anything, Marvel are only under the Disney umbrella. Disney won't allow LA to allow BW to do it, because this is a different style of buy-out."

Needs more circular reasoning, but I think it'll follow those lines.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.30.2012 , 05:25 PM | #2759
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Oh joy of joys, more fuel for the trolls - here we go again. Channeling my inner idiot.... "Northstar doesn't mean anything, Marvel are only under the Disney umbrella. Disney won't allow LA to allow BW to do it, because this is a different style of buy-out."

Needs more circular reasoning, but I think it'll follow those lines.
You've done a very good job there, as I did my usual stop; think; wave hands at screen; think about typing; stop; wave hands at screen.

Give yourself a cookie.

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.30.2012 , 05:37 PM | #2760
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Oh joy of joys, more fuel for the trolls - here we go again. Channeling my inner idiot.... "Northstar doesn't mean anything, Marvel are only under the Disney umbrella. Disney won't allow LA to allow BW to do it, because this is a different style of buy-out."

Needs more circular reasoning, but I think it'll follow those lines.
Also needs more "La la la I can't hear you" when presented with facts.