Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
10.30.2012 , 05:33 AM | #2731
I gotta admit, there have been some awesome replies to the trolls, especially the poster that expects to get a temp forum ban. Plus, yeah...I'd like to see any of them get even part of the 50 million effected evacuated. I guess the elderly and the hospitalized should have evac'd, right?

You're not alone in writing a post, previewing and changing their mind. I've been posting less, since I've been getting kinda riled up in a bad way. I can say that my ignore list has gone from 3 to 13 in the last few days lol.

Sorry, getting waay off topic. I'll keep it to my thread in GF.

It will make me glad when BW finally addresses the player base about SGRs. My ignore list may continue to grow, but at least we'd have a concrete update.

Edit: Thread is deleted. Kayla called it. Oh well, at least I got a few non trolling pages out. I also didn't get into trouble for it.

OldVengeance
10.30.2012 , 12:28 PM | #2732
I remember reading somewhere that initially the different crew was supposed be alignment based and Visas was only supposed to join darkside Exiles and Brianna always joined lightside exiles. I'm actually kind of relieved they didn't go that way, Visas and Handmaiden are two of my favorite echaracters and having only one them would have been disappointing.

Rayla_Felana
10.30.2012 , 12:42 PM | #2733
Honestly, I don't see any good coming from re-opening the SGRA threads in Community and GD, people will only get annoyed and the neutral parties will start attacking us and labelling us as spammers and 'entitled' we don't need any more of that, sticking to 'Did i hear this right?' would be wiser.

Uluain
10.30.2012 , 01:42 PM | #2734
What worked last time and got Joveth's comment in here was opening a Customer Service ticket to report the Community Team for harrassment and discrimination. I'd hate to feel I had to do it again, but I am not at all sure that one discreetly-titled thread allowed on General Discussion and one uninformative BW post in this thread adequately addressed that.

In any case, although it plainly got their attention, it was not demonstratively successful in creating a fairer environment here, much less eliciting information this thread has been continually encouraged to ask for here. So I don't necessarily recommend the same strategy to anyone else.

The link to Customer Service is labeled "Support" and distinguished by a gear icon at the top of this page.

Merciter
10.30.2012 , 03:08 PM | #2735
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
I remember reading somewhere that initially the different crew was supposed be alignment based and Visas was only supposed to join darkside Exiles and Brianna always joined lightside exiles. I'm actually kind of relieved they didn't go that way, Visas and Handmaiden are two of my favorite echaracters and having only one them would have been disappointing.
You mixed up the members. Light side exiles acquired Miranda (was that her name? it's been a while) and the dark side exiles got the wookie when they got that far on Nar Shadaa. It was possible to manipulate that and get Mira as a dark side exile, but you had to be light side first.

I absolutely adored the handmaiden. I had to mod the game to have her since I only play female toons, but it was very, very worth it.

Tkerzis
10.30.2012 , 03:18 PM | #2736
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Agreed - and I see your thread in General got invaded by the gutter-scum.... unbelievable. What the hell ever happened to the human race?
Nothing, we've always been jerks.
Empire: Amnixia 55 Merc - Idolvo 55 Powertech - Tkerzis 52 Operative - Nerevar 50 Sorc - Leprous 26 Juggernaught
Republic: Idolvox 55 Scoundrel - Ídolvo 30 Commando - Idolva 30 Sage

Palar
10.30.2012 , 03:19 PM | #2737
Quote: Originally Posted by Tkerzis View Post
Nothing, we've always been jerks.
Yeah, there just used to be a direction to it... at the least, shame.

Tatile
10.30.2012 , 03:25 PM | #2738
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Yeah, there just used to be a direction to it... at the least, shame.
This is what happens when jerkiness isn't channeled.

Belora
10.30.2012 , 03:31 PM | #2739
Ok.

I have now tested most companions as male and female characters, and I can honestly say ... most of the female romance companions become the Crazy Internet Girlfriend level of creepy and annoying. The companions I found the most disturbing (and not in the fun way) were Iresso, Temple, Nadia, Kaliyo and Mako. The amount of flirts on male companions and Agents is almost nauseating and gets in the way, despite the smuggler ones being kinda smarmy/amusing - and despite the fact I wish fem smugs/agents got the same amount and with more attractive NPCs.

The companions that win with me are Revel, Corso, Vector, Pierce (even if he's a ONS, rawr!), Kira, and DS Jaesa - they'd all be perfect for SGR, for me at least. I haven't had time to test the others, really, and have no desire at all to test the Horned chick that looks like a grown-up Ahsoka insert.

When SGR does go in, Kira's definitely my #1 girl. She feels like a real character - plus, she doesn't look or act like a I-have-twitter-but-can't-understand-homonyms teenager at a One Direction concert. </Mako Hate> But again... this is all just my opinion!

*cough*
"Pazaak, anyone?"
A cannon uses explosive-based propellents to launch a projectile. Canon is creative work that's official to a universe.

Tatile
10.30.2012 , 03:36 PM | #2740
[QUOTE=Belora;5346854
The companions that win with me are ... Vector[/QUOTE]

Any particular reason? I've read mixed reviews on his romance (rock covered in rocks or most adorable picnics) - what do you think/hope would be different for his SGR?

This is relevant to my interests. I have an Agent and he is lonely.