Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
10.29.2012 , 06:17 PM | #2721
<delurks for the final time today>

I put this in the "Did I hear this right?" thread, but I thought it would apply here as well.

I find it funny as Hades that some posters tell us to get a life...yet they spent a lot of time in this thread. For a feature that will part of the game and not dropped. We're just asking for clarification on a feature that was promised over a year ago.

I don't see why that's different from, say, the Secret Space Project people have been asking for for the better part of a year. I certainly wouldn't go into that thread and tell them, "Oh, X Y and Z need to come in first. Really, stop asking for more information. It's only for a few minutes of space combat anyways. You guys are obsessing over this. Only a tiny fraction of the player base is asking for this."

Instead of ignoring the thread, as an angry person should, they come in here and tell us that's a waste of time, to give up. We're wanting some information. Some are coming in to simply troll.

Who needs a life now?

PS: I found this quote related to spending in an MMO. Kudos to whomever said it:

Quote:
The development cost for The Old Rebuplic, is a sunk capital investment and is not part of profit analysis of an ongoing operation like an MMO. They sunk the cost over time (the years of development) and depreciated it and wrote most of it off as a tax decuction at the EA level. It does not factor into operations cost or profit margins or profit contribution at all.

Tatile
10.29.2012 , 06:21 PM | #2722
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
But I'll share an email I sent:

That's it. My whole message.

Betting on the following as my reply:
You know, should Mr. Gonzalez or Ms. Berryman respond to your requests for information with a "thank you, we read the thread" reply, send them that

I kind of plan to, except they hate me enough already to not respond to me.

Silthir
10.29.2012 , 06:42 PM | #2723
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
Visas Marr was a same sex romance? What? Since when? I'm sure I don't remember that. First, Saying that there were any fully developed romances at all in kotor 2 is kind of a stretch. Second, her most romantic lines are all Male Exile exclusive aren't they? Female Exiles always get Disciple in her place from what I remember.

I thought the only same sex romance was Juhani.
It wasn't exactly an official romance, but she showed signs of being bisexual when she wanted to "see the Exile". I always really considered it more of a romantic bond than anything else.

And no. Visas comes either way. Brianna the Handmaiden was Male Exile only. Visas was the Sith Miraluka who joined you in order to overthrow Nihilus.
The Danakar Legacy

Palar
10.29.2012 , 06:51 PM | #2724
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
<delurks for the final time today>

I put this in the "Did I hear this right?" thread, but I thought it would apply here as well.

I find it funny as Hades that some posters tell us to get a life...yet they spent a lot of time in this thread. For a feature that will part of the game and not dropped. We're just asking for clarification on a feature that was promised over a year ago.

I don't see why that's different from, say, the Secret Space Project people have been asking for for the better part of a year. I certainly wouldn't go into that thread and tell them, "Oh, X Y and Z need to come in first. Really, stop asking for more information. It's only for a few minutes of space combat anyways. You guys are obsessing over this. Only a tiny fraction of the player base is asking for this."

Instead of ignoring the thread, as a person should, they come in and tell us that's a waste of time, to give up. We're wanting some information. Some are coming in to simply troll.

Who needs a life now?
That's totally different, because it interests them - thus, they'll suddenly remember "it's impossible to please everyone all of the time." And then promptly forget that again when this topic comes up .

I'd hope they're not stupid enough to think 800,000 people (or whatever the subscription numbers are) can reach consensus on anything beyond "Air's the most useful thing to breathe" - which leaves the possibility they're trolls. Both hurt my faith in people, for differing reasons.

OldVengeance
10.29.2012 , 07:33 PM | #2725
Quote: Originally Posted by Silthir View Post
It wasn't exactly an official romance, but she showed signs of being bisexual when she wanted to "see the Exile". I always really considered it more of a romantic bond than anything else.

And no. Visas comes either way. Brianna the Handmaiden was Male Exile only. Visas was the Sith Miraluka who joined you in order to overthrow Nihilus.
No, what I meant was Visas's most romantic lines are spoken only to a male exile. Right before the Exile confronts Nihilus one of the companions comes to talk to them about what the Jedi Masters and Kreia said about them. For males Visas says something about how "From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you. And she actually mentions that she loves you more than her own life. With females I don't believe she ever says that she loves her to her.

I was pretty certain Female Exiles always get a shorter version with Mical coming to them instead.

I'll admit it's been a very long time since I've played Kotor 2. But I distinctly remember my female playthough feeling much less engaging than a male PC's storyline in part for exactly that reason.

Zandilar
10.29.2012 , 10:12 PM | #2726
Quote: Originally Posted by OldVengeance View Post
No, what I meant was Visas's most romantic lines are spoken only to a male exile. Right before the Exile confronts Nihilus one of the companions comes to talk to them about what the Jedi Masters and Kreia said about them. For males Visas says something about how "From the moment I heard your voice across the galaxy, I have longed for you. And she actually mentions that she loves you more than her own life. With females I don't believe she ever says that she loves her to her.

I was pretty certain Female Exiles always get a shorter version with Mical coming to them instead.

I'll admit it's been a very long time since I've played Kotor 2. But I distinctly remember my female playthough feeling much less engaging than a male PC's storyline in part for exactly that reason.
Yes, you are correct. I too was distinctly certain (scratch that, I am now 100% certain having done some quick digging) that there was no same gender romance in KotOR2. My understanding is the head guy at Obsidian (Feargus Urquhart, I think) was pretty anti-romances in general, in fact, so I guess we were lucky to get the OG ones we did.

The only way to get same gender romances in KotOR2 was to mod it. Visas and Brianna (the Handmaiden) were both male Exile exclusive romances, while Mical was female Exile exclusive. (I know there are mods available, as I looked into it at the time.)
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Silthir
10.30.2012 , 12:26 AM | #2727
Well to be honest, I never actually played a female exile. I was only taking him at his word, so I'm going to assume he was using a mod in order for that to happen.
The Danakar Legacy

natashina
10.30.2012 , 03:06 AM | #2728
Off topic, but needed:

My heart truly goes out to everyone that is affected by Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully you're in a safe place, or at least ready for the rest of the storm. May you and your loved ones have shelter from the storm.

natashina
10.30.2012 , 05:04 AM | #2729
Have fun and hopefully you'll see some news while you're lurking about!

Stay warm.

Palar
10.30.2012 , 05:20 AM | #2730
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Off topic, but needed:

My heart truly goes out to everyone that is affected by Hurricane Sandy. Hopefully you're in a safe place, or at least ready for the rest of the storm. May you and your loved ones have shelter from the storm.
Agreed - and I see your thread in General got invaded by the gutter-scum.... unbelievable. What the hell ever happened to the human race?

(Edit: I'm probably better off not replying to those freaks - just perused my draft as I was typing, and it would have been gotten me a temp-ban, at the least.)