Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 04:53 PM | #2631
Quote: Originally Posted by Noremacv View Post
The mood and attitude of the posters in here...
You know, I often worry if I'm being overly negative about this subject and towards Bioware. If I'm ever causing a bad atmosphere around this thread, please feel free to slap me with a cold, wet fish and tell me to shut up and have a cup of tea. It's hard to maintain the pretense of a positive attitude, especially in the face of what feels like overwhelming disapproval from Bioware for daring to question them, but it's something that needs to be done. It's far too easy to fall into a little pit of hate, after all.

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2632
I can feel your anger. It give you focus, makes you stronger!

No one says we have to be Jedi about it.

Tatile
10.26.2012 , 05:04 PM | #2633
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Take your anger, focus and hone it on your blade. Release that rage into your enemy. All the annoyances, all the stress, loose it into your foe. This frees you to feel all the other emotions of life.

It also means you won't scare the kids when you come home at night.

~ Lord Vizloch, to Lord Naught, on what it is to be a Sith and have a family

:P

Eleuril
10.26.2012 , 05:05 PM | #2634
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post

No one says we have to be Jedi about it.
There's nothing wrong with being angry when you have just cause to be. I like to think of it as a catalyst of sorts.

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 07:28 PM | #2635
No, so long as one is able to use it constructively.

On another note, yet another member of the player community who had no idea this thread existed has started one on General Discussion asking about the status of same-gender content.

It being the weekend, it should last a while before anyone is around to lock it, so I encourage everyone to speak up there as well. If that thread is closed and re-directed, I'll make a formal complaint.

natashina
10.26.2012 , 09:25 PM | #2636
Good! It's starting to help raise some awareness about this outside of the Story and Lore sub forum. It's also bringing in some traffic here too. I made sure I said my piece.

Fyuria
10.26.2012 , 09:27 PM | #2637
Thank you Tatile, Uluain, Natashina and any others I may of missed for keeping up with this topic.

I checked over on that new thread someone posted in general, and seeing the "only teenage boys would want this, so why waste the devs time on it" while expected, doesn't make it any less disappointing to see. Makes me wonder if they are intentionally taking the mick, or if they really do believe that there aren't LGBT adults that want SGR in the game.

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 09:56 PM | #2638
We see that a lot. Also suppositions that only LGBT players have any interest in this and that it is therefore insignificant. We also see a lot of people who don't know this thread is here, and people who don't know that same-gender romantic content is in development for future inclusion.

I have in the past asked that this thread therefore be moved to General Discussion, to no avail. So a lot of folks really have no clue this is coming at all, and as much as BW may want to avoid the controversy now, they will have to face it at some point.

I don't think restricting discussion to this thread is effective, and I don't think it is fair. So yes, I encourage others to speak up there. It will be most helpful if we can avoid engaging the more hostile posts directly, as it will a.) show us in a more reasonable light and b.) give the Community Support team less reason to lock the thread.

On the other hand, I think it is not necessarily a bad thing to give those hostile to the content a venue in which to show that in whatever terms, so that they can in time be culled from the forum discussions entirely if they can't learn to express themselves politely.

natashina
10.26.2012 , 11:31 PM | #2639
I'm about to make a pre-written anti-troll post about SGRs, I swear.

New favorite: "Well, Bugs X and Y haven't been fixed, and this game is just going downhill, so don't expect it."

The guy posts how much he enjoys running dungeons, favorite quotes, ect. He just came in to be a negative jerk.

Here's a list of popular reasons why some people think SGRs aren't going to happen:

1) ToR is dying, and they have to cut that content.
2) Only 13 yr old perverted boys want SGRs.
3) It's too expensive to write VAs
4) Lucas is against gay rights.
5) Don't you know, EA is the debil!
6) SGRs are anti-canon in Star Wars EU.
7) Omgz the kids!

Did I miss anything?

<points to herself> Oh Ms. Bitter, your table is ready.

Uluain
10.26.2012 , 11:53 PM | #2640
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Did I miss anything?
"It only caters to a tiny minority."
"This should in no way take priority over [X content I want]."
"Stop trying to normalize your freakish perversion".
"They'll have to add relationships with Tauntauns, too."
"I play this game to escape RL issues so I don't want your agenda here."

I can probably think of more, given time.

Edit oh! How could I forget the classic "They can't do it because the ESRB would rate it M."