Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
10.25.2012 , 06:19 PM | #2561
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I don't know. I'd like to credit them with some awareness of the awkwardness of the situation they have created. And without necessarily expecting an apology, one may point out that a social convention does exist by which one may acknowlege unfortunate consequences of actions that cannot be undone, and express one's regret.
There is indeed a convention to express one's regret over various subjects, whether they actually be heartfelt apologies for conduct or an attempt to dissuade further criticism. It just doesn't feel like Bioware care enough to be actually working on this content, let alone giving us a YouTube worthy clip of their apologies.

I don't trust them to handle the introduction of this content in a mature fashion. I might have all the hope in the world for them to give us a long and detailed article expressing all the nuances of the feature and addressing the questions and concerns that have been raised in this thread, but that's all for naught if they shuffle SGRA's onto the PTS under cover of darkness and start saying that same-sex content has always been important to Bioware and EA as companies and is a mainstay of their games.

I'm a dreadful cynic and it's starting to show again, but as my husband always says: companies lie, it's a fact of life, you're a fool for thinking they'd do anything else.

natashina
10.25.2012 , 06:30 PM | #2562
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Tatooine.... female Smuggler and Vaverone Zare..... it's a beautiful thing, man.

I just pray it isn't a glitch, and that they don't do ANYTHING to "fix" it! But it's there! Not what all of us want, but it's a start.
Love ya man, but you better had gotten some screenshots. I really want to see this for myself...I couldn't get into the Smuggler story just yet.

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 07:24 PM | #2563
Not having any opportunity to [Flirt] with male NPCs, while being beaten over the head with opportunities to [Flirt] with female NPCs, is the reason I had to quit playing my Gunslinger. It was detracting from my enjoyment so much that the character was not worth playing. And that is a shame, because I really like how the class handles, and in other respects I enjoy the story. But somewhere shy of Level 40 I just had to put it down and walk away. I have already had to replace one laptop because I punched the screen, and I don't have the spare cash right now.

stuffystuffs
10.25.2012 , 07:24 PM | #2564
Tatooine.... female Smuggler and Vaverone Zare..... it's a beautiful thing, man.

I just pray it isn't a glitch, and that they don't do ANYTHING to "fix" it! But it's there! Not what all of us want, but it's a start.
What happens exactly?
Node guarder

natashina
10.25.2012 , 07:33 PM | #2565
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
What happens exactly?
Btw, I'm taking advantage of a 3 day vacation from work right now to confirm whether or not Vavavavoom (Vaverone Zare) on Tatooine is available as a one-time FTB for female Smugglers if you side with her during the final Class mission on Tatooine. I'll post when I know for certain one way or another.
I think he means the FTB was as success. I really hope so, though I hope they don't "fix" it either.

My choice in not playing my Smuggler was due to the mechanics and play style more than anything else. I was primarily playing Pub side at the time and I thought a GS would be close enough to a sniper for my taste. It wasn't, so my LS Chiss IA was born. I'm glad that was a worthwhile romance arc; I actually really like Vector. I don't find the romance boring, but it is somewhat slow. I can see why a lot of players went, "Meh," at him, but I'm glad I perused the relationship. Vector, imho, would make a great m/m pairing if he's an option.

Edit: The leak about Chapter 4 is now yanked. When I tried about an hr ago, it told me page not found. I think some mucky-mucks do read this thread and contacted darth hater to have them yank it. A shame. Rather than use the chance to try to clarify to all the playerbase about Makeb having SGRs, level expansions, ect; they are burying it.

However, I do understand as a writer why they are trying to keep that stuff down and why the devs would want that as well. Datamining can lead to the Darkside after all, since some stuff that is datamined now may be changed radically. Sometimes it doesn't make it into the game at all.

I'm looking at you, uncorrupted Ashbringer.

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 08:04 PM | #2566
I think I'll hand my Makeb clarification thread right back to them, then, even if it means bumping it myself, on the grounds that the content is that much closer to going in.

natashina
10.25.2012 , 08:05 PM | #2567
Not having any opportunity to [Flirt] with male NPCs, while being beaten over the head with opportunities to [Flirt] with female NPCs, is the reason I had to quit playing my Gunslinger. It was detracting from my enjoyment so much that the character was not worth playing. And that is a shame, because I really like how the class handles, and in other respects I enjoy the story. But somewhere shy of Level 40 I just had to put it down and walk away. I have already had to replace one laptop because I punched the screen, and I don't have the spare cash right now.
The main part of the heteronormalcy that I hate about classes like the Smuggler and the SI is the lack of balance. I can roll up a female Smuggler and maybe get one or two flirts by Taris. I wish there was more, but I generally just roll with it. Corso is alright, though I'm not sure if he's to my romance taste.

I did get my male Smuggler to Taris and wow...I don't know how many times I had to yell at the screen,

"No, I hate Governor Sheresh! Quit asking me to flirt with her!"
"Dang it, I'm trying to save people from a collapsing building here. This is not the time to flirt, Game."
"Okay, I can enjoy rp'ing as a male toon, even a hetero one. But this is plain silly."

Between that and the playstyle not to my taste at all, it wasn't too hard to drop the character. I might try him later or just reroll. I've got my SI or sage to level up after my IA, so it'll be a bit.

Same with the SI. Seriously, where the Sith groupies for my female SI?!

natashina
10.25.2012 , 08:10 PM | #2568
I think I'll hand my Makeb clarification thread right back to them, then, even if it means bumping it myself, on the grounds that the content is that much closer to going in.
Is it titled, "Did I hear this right?" I posted in there stating that since datamining is starting and the rumors are going to start flying, this would be the best time to address the playerbase directly about Makeb.

Uluain
10.25.2012 , 08:20 PM | #2569
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Is it titled, "Did I hear this right?" I posted in there stating that since datamining is starting and the rumors are going to start flying, this would be the best time to address the playerbase directly about Makeb.
Yep - that's the one, and thanks.

natashina
10.25.2012 , 08:21 PM | #2570
Yep - that's the one, and thanks.
No problem. You've brought up some excellent points.