Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Uluain
10.23.2012 , 01:23 PM | #2451
Speaking of gender, I really wouldn't mind reading about a male companion next time. Empire gets the next round, so I think I'll suggest Torian. He's cute.

Tatile
10.23.2012 , 01:25 PM | #2452
I want to see more of Pierce

Uluain
10.23.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2453
I think it's been a while since I trucked these out, so in celebration of F2P only being a server test away from launch...

here's the summary of Things We'd Really Like To Know, Please:

• Will same-gender relationships be available with current companions?
  • If so, with which?
  • Will same-gender relationships be available for all eight classes?
  • If not, with which?
  • Will new relationship options be available to characters who have already fully progressed companion stories?
  • Is the awaited same-gender content on the schedule to be released with Makeb?
  • Are we still on track to see that content this year?
  • Will same-gender romance require an in-game credit or cartel coin (or any other similar) expense to unlock?

Some of these questions date back to beta testing. Others are more recent, arising from changes at BioWare Austin and in the direction of the game. Clarification of any would be appreciated.

Tatile
10.23.2012 , 03:10 PM | #2454
Quote:
Hello again Ms. Berryman,

Here is Uluain's newest list, posted in the SGRA thread:

Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain
Things We'd Really Like To Know, Please:
  • Will same-gender relationships be available with current companions?
  • If so, with which?
  • Will same-gender relationships be available for all eight classes?
  • If not, with which?
  • Will new relationship options be available to characters who have already fully progressed companion stories?
  • Is the awaited same-gender content on the schedule to be released with Makeb?
  • Are we still on track to see that content this year?
  • Will same-gender romance require an in-game credit or cartel coin (or any other similar) expense to unlock?

Some of these questions date back to beta testing. Others are more recent, arising from changes at BioWare Austin and in the direction of the game. Clarification of any would be appreciated.
As Free2Play is going to be released soon(TM) it would be nice at least if the last question is addressed, that is: will we have to Pay2Gay?

Regards.

p.s. I think it should be fairly clear by now that a Pay2Gay scenario would be a rather bad thing.
Because.

Edit: Oohh, got a reply (2230~)

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman
Thanks Tatile! We'll continue reading the thread and passing along the feedback and questions.
Wonder if she's trying to tell me something

Uluain
10.23.2012 , 04:40 PM | #2455
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Wonder if she's trying to tell me something
Heh. I imagine that is a message to all of us, me included, to the extent of "we heard you the first time".

Fair enough, but none of those points have ever been addressed. We're playing by the rules. When will that pay off? Do I really need to engineer another big fiasco to get these addressed? Do you think I can't or won't? All the same, I'd really rather not. It's stressful.

Tatile
10.23.2012 , 05:05 PM | #2456
Free2Play is dropping soon(ish) and I imagine Ms. Berryman and Mr. Gonzalez are going to have their hands full with the aftermath of that little event. That being said, if we pitch 1.5/F2P as being this coming Tuesday (30th October), that's six weeks for the next 'content' release. That's probably going to be the new gear tier for the PvP crowd and an event of some form. That'd be Tuesday 11th December.

Um.

Maybe my calculations are off?

Uluain
10.23.2012 , 05:13 PM | #2457
Watch the Dev Tracker - they already have their hands full with it.

Release date depends on a lot of things, but they tend to release big content patches on Thursdays as special maintenace rather than Tuesdays. My guess is at soonest the 1st of November (still within 6 weeks of 1.4 which was a few days after the autumn equinox). It might have to wait until the 8th.

Six weeks after that is the winter solstice, that is to say Yuletide in all its seasonal glory, roughly the one year mark after launch. I am guessing that is when Makeb is slated to drop. If so, we'll probably hear something about it next month some time. That may or may not include discussing SGRs. We'll have to see.

edit to rephrase around a ****ed word.

Tatile
10.23.2012 , 05:23 PM | #2458
And a gay Christmas was had by all? I can't believe that "this year" is becoming so much of a stretch.

Ugh, another couple of months of waiting (maybe they'll decide a Christmas release would be too "controversial") while the rest of the community shouts us down for being "impatient", whilst beating each other with sticks to get developer attention.

Jaded, I am.

Baptes
10.23.2012 , 06:37 PM | #2459
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Heh. I imagine that is a message to all of us, me included, to the extent of "we heard you the first time".

Fair enough, but none of those points have ever been addressed. We're playing by the rules. When will that pay off? Do I really need to engineer another big fiasco to get these addressed? Do you think I can't or won't? All the same, I'd really rather not. It's stressful.
EA, Bioware...

I swear if I have to bust out those novelty cake pans and brush up on my flesh tone icing skills...

You better like red velvet, that's all I'm sayin.

Uluain
10.24.2012 , 12:09 AM | #2460
Honestly, as soon as I heard "this year", I was thinking somewhere in December, so I am not terribly surprised.

Given the unconscionable wait for options that by all rights should have been in the game at launch, however, which no one has ever apologized for, it would be awfully nice to get some actual information on this feature sooner rather than later.

That is a big effing HINT, BioWare.

Community people, have you tried bribing the Secret Masters who approve what info can be released? How about blackmail? Have you really, honestly exhausted your options as far as escalating this is concerned? Do you understand why we are asking?

Hello? Hello? Is this thing on?