Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baptes
10.15.2012 , 02:41 PM | #2351
Quote: Originally Posted by losdia View Post
Is that in 1.5 over on PTS? (BTW, is it just me or is 1.5 running so slow it is unplayable?) I haven't actually messed with Legacy relationships in since 1.3, but I remember that I could only set my SW and JC as sisters tragically devided by war. ;.; I felt it was very sad on a great many levels.
That's odd. My SI and SW (both fem) are "married" on my Legacy family tree and have been since Legacy came out.

losdia
10.15.2012 , 02:54 PM | #2352
Quote: Originally Posted by Baptes View Post
That's odd. My SI and SW (both fem) are "married" on my Legacy family tree and have been since Legacy came out.
That is weird. I've heard other people complain that they couldn't set certain characters as married. Maybe it is an Imp/republic thing? It could also be that I'm fairly lazy and have never messed with the family tree that much.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

Tatile
10.15.2012 , 03:03 PM | #2353
Time to test!

I'll be back with results.

First one with my Female Sith Sorcerer and Female Smuggler.

Second with my two Imperial Agents.

It does require you to have an open arm, as the "tree" is more of a line. And that is sad. I want a tree

Rayla_Felana
10.15.2012 , 03:33 PM | #2354
Wait what? I have had my fem chars married since legacy launched.

Tatile
10.15.2012 , 03:36 PM | #2355
Not being able to marry could be a bug (oh god, I want so say some things about that! XD), as you can rather haphazardly throw your characters into the Legacy tree without a problem. There have a been a few times when re-doing my tree (out of boredom) that my twins have almost ended up married. That would have been awkward.

Rabenschwinge
10.15.2012 , 03:52 PM | #2356
Maybe it has something to do with the species as well. My Jedi Shadow and my Smuggler are "married" (well, they are a couple and meet as often as the Jedi council allows, so that's probably why they are never around when the other one is). They are both female, but they are also both Twi'lek. Never tried a cross-species relationship.

Can two characters of different species be siblings? One of my experimental characters - I don't know whether I am really gonna play her yet - a Chiss Jedi Counselor and my Chiss Jedi Sentinel are sisters, daughters of my Chiss Imperial agent and... well, the "and" would probably be a spoiler for the Imperial Agent storyline.
There is no emotion, there is fray, There is no ignorance, there is YouTube,
There is no passion, there is apathy, There is no choas, there is the triad,
There is no death, there is respawn.

Tatile
10.15.2012 , 04:00 PM | #2357
Species is irrelevant to marriage, as is sex (as far as I can tell). My Smuggler and one of my Agents are cyborg-humans, and the screenshots show them with a Twi'lek and Chiss respectively.

Tatile
10.15.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2358
So, I just Google "EA Ginger Maseda Contact" and... now I have a sad

My post is the third result on Google. Why Google? Why? D:

So I did the logical thing: annoy Mr. Gonzalez with another request that will be ignored.
Quote:
Hello Mr. Gonzalez,

Recently I've been made aware that EA have a person in the role of "Inclusion Leader" by the name of Ms. Ginger Maseda. Unfortunately I have not been able to find any contact information for her within the company and I was wondering if you could help me to do so. If you wish to know why, I want to speak to her about EA's general policy of LGBT inclusivity and the fact that SWTOR has fallen so short of that mark for such a long time. I think it would be an interesting addition to the community's discussion on same-sex romances in this game and whether or not they are to be included.

Thank you for any help you are able to provide.

Narien
10.15.2012 , 05:14 PM | #2359
You can only set characters as spouses if there is a horizontal link available in the Legacy tree. If you place them vertically, they cannot be set as spouses.

Baptes
10.15.2012 , 05:17 PM | #2360
It could be that you have to "clear" it first for it to work. As in take all characters off your Legacy tree, log out then log back in and then try to arrange them. I seem to recall having to do that in the past, though whether it had to do with any marriages I do not recall since its been months since I even bothered messing with them.

I'll try experimenting after I get on later.