Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

stuffystuffs
10.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #2261
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
It's really hard not to. Not talking to them makes no sense. Their stories evolve with your character's story, so it sucks putting them on hold indefinitely. I thought I could just ignore them and keep playing, but it doesn't cut it.
That is the bad thing about it.

I am still trying this on my JK (successfully so far) however I've already finished all conversations with the companions in question (Kira) on another JK so it's easier to resist. Kira's conversations are a bit odd to begin with as a certain event has to happen in Ch. 1 to unlock them. I probably have a backlog of about 5 of them waiting because of that so I figured I might as well go all the way with it and wait it out (her approval is already near 5000...she really likes my JK apparently).

Could I do this with a companion with which I haven't experienced their full storyline? Probably not

I agree it will be odd to have all the conversations happen at the end vs. having them flow with the story. I guess I can pretend they really happen at different times in the story timeline from when experienced...or pretend some of them are a flashback my character is having to a conversation that happened earlier...idk.

...and of course there's no guarantee the companion will "make sense" to be available
Node guarder

Uluain
10.11.2012 , 10:05 AM | #2262
I actually do not mind levelling - in fact, I enjoy it. So once I had re-rolled my smuggler a couple of time anyway, I just went ahead and progressed the story with Corso. If they implement it right, then I ought not to have missed anything. But in that case, those who have waited to level are going to be (justifiably) ticked off, because we have been discussing this "how do we play to assure we have a shot at the romance when it is implemented?" thing since January.

Or I may need to reroll. Or I may need to be at level 50 to unlock the content. Who knows? Someone, surely. It would be nice if they were allowed to tell us.

Rayla_Felana
10.11.2012 , 12:15 PM | #2263
Massively: At the end of the presentation, Schubert was asked whether the SWTOR model was sustainable, given the amount of "incubation time" required for systems and quests to launch. Jokingly he replied, "Gosh, I hope so." In other words, he believes that it is. However, in a follow-up question, he was asked what the team is doing to help maximize the life cycle of the current content. His answer surprised me, but not in a good way:

Schubert: "We have not focused on making our content replayable. We have taken a lot of heroic quests -- particularly the group quests -- and made all those replayable. What we have spent the most time on since launch is beefing up the Legacy system, which is designed to get you to play the other really good content. We will probably continue beefing that up because it's our best stuff."

Sorry the story department seem to have been working on legacy the entire time since launch, this is distressing.

Ayslinn_Iduviel
10.11.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2264
1.5 on PTS now and there's no SGR content: just so you know.

Eleuril
10.11.2012 , 12:58 PM | #2265
So, 1.5 is now on the PTS. No mention of SGRs in the patch notes, but then it's not the Makeb patch either by the looks of it.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=542699

Edit: Damn it, Ayslinn_Iduviel types faster than me *grins*

chuixupu
10.11.2012 , 01:09 PM | #2266
For something Like Makeb, level caps, Cathar, I'm pretty sure it's going to be led up by a lot of articles, press, videos, and advertised as a mini-expansion. It won't just appear on a patch note announcement. All the things we're getting in 1.5, and probably the next couple of patches were all things announced to be coming this year from a leak that surfaced before 1.2 was released.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Rabenschwinge
10.11.2012 , 01:13 PM | #2267
I don't think the legacy system has anything to do with story content, just with giving you an edge when you repeat content. I mean it's not like it changes anything about the story that my Jedi Knight is the daughter of an Imperial Agent and member of a species that is uncommon on the republic side. She just has a few more buffs, can theoretically trigger a few additional abilities in heroic moments and could buy the ability to ride a speeder at level 10.

Personally I find the prices for legacy unlocks exaggerated. The things that might be interesting easily cost 1,500,000. I have a level 31 legacy on The Progenitor and only once unlocked the character perk I mentioned above. All other unlocks I have were for reaching game goals. If you're good at crafting - and not a synthweaver without access to resources to craft augments (I can sell a purple Advanced Resolve Augment level 50 for 90k, but I have to spend 80 k for slicing components), focusing primarily on customizable gear that simply looks good, I wouldn't know how to do it any better.

A legacy is nice to have, but - well, it's very likely a few of my rl friends will come to play when it gets free to play, which will force me to move to a German language server. But I certainly won't bother transferring my legacy, even if that is an option. (The characters are less important because I'd want to level up with them anyway.) What bugs me most of it is that I am kind of a fan of Jennifer Hale.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

stuffystuffs
10.11.2012 , 01:19 PM | #2268
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
So, 1.5 is now on the PTS. No mention of SGRs in the patch notes, but then it's not the Makeb patch either by the looks of it.

So, basically, more dailies, a new WB, and no more big butt robes.

Well, they are making Campaign gear easier to get now, so I guess that could foreshadow a nice lvl increase/armor lvl increase in the near future...maybe Makeb for 1.6.

There will also probably be more changes that aren't listed there (like, class balancing stuff).
Node guarder

Uluain
10.11.2012 , 03:35 PM | #2269
Ancient Hypergates, Belsavis and HK-51 has been pretty much expected to be the follow-up to Terror From Beyond. But this is lining up to drop around Nov. 1, which still puts the next 6-week slot in December, which ought to be Makeb. How F2P rolls out with all this, who knows. But remember we were told we'd be seeing the group content (Operations, warzones, etc.) coming before story content (Makeb, SGRs).

I actually see this as a good sign that we are in fact on track to see SGRs this year.

Palar
10.11.2012 , 03:46 PM | #2270
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post

... What's the over-under on the December patch just being bug-fixes and some Chr.."Life Day" Event? Oh wait, I forgot. They're suddenly going to pull their fingers out for the F2P crowd update-wise. As opposed to all the other times they said the same thing...

Still waiting on any answers here - and my growing disatisfaction tells me we'll get one, in March. Mostly regarding the semantics of "this year" and how that pertains to said year being on the time-scale of Neptune.