Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eleuril
10.07.2012 , 03:26 PM | #2231
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Go home... where? My agent never felt so much at home than at this point. If she hadn't been encouraged to go on by a certain character I might have referred to earlier, and if the story hadn't forced her to anyway, she might have wanted to change sides - again. And this time for good. But when I left I had the feeling I did in part, however small that part may be, for my people. And the thought of having a people was something she had almost forgotten.

But an each to their own.

Sweet is the love of ice
Coldness chills human minds
I shiver in delight
Lost in a winter night
(Eyes of Eden - Winter Night)
I can understand that, you're not the only one who's said something along those lines. For what it's worth, I really liked my Agent's time on Hoth, but it was quite bittersweet.

For my Agent, he was very aware he was going to have to go back to his duties with the Empire and his time with his people wasn't going to be very long. It reminded him of all the things he missed about his homeworld and of all the things he'd lost in going to work for the Imperials. So close to being home, but at the same time so far away. At that point I think he just wanted to go "sod it" and go back to the Ascendancy, especially with what had happened to him, but his sense of duty wouldn't allow it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
That's not true for Doc (and I am damn sure I never clicked a single one "flirt" line) and only half true for Lt. Iresso and a female Jedi Consular (he squirms around alot, but it's him who comes up with it. I may have dropped a flirt line here and there and foolishly encouraged him). With Vector it was indeed my Imperial Agent who started it - if I remember correctly; and that was the only actual romance (barring mini romances) I did so far.
I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up
I don't know much about interactions with female PCs since I don't play female characters, so it's good to hear from someone who knows more.

Ayslinn_Iduviel
10.07.2012 , 05:19 PM | #2232
There are a lot of companions that accept courting gifts even from the same gender player character: i guess it could be an hint on what companions will be (or supposed to be) on the sgra options when it will come.

Wittand
10.07.2012 , 09:43 PM | #2233
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayslinn_Iduviel View Post
There are a lot of companions that accept courting gifts even from the same gender player character: i guess it could be an hint on what companions will be (or supposed to be) on the sgra options when it will come.
Since M1-4X is also on this list I really hope that this is not the case.

Uluain
10.07.2012 , 09:45 PM | #2234
My understanding is that courting gifts are, in most cases, simply another category of gift that companions do or do not like, although there are a few cases in which a companion only values them once a romance is initiated.

Palar
10.07.2012 , 11:13 PM | #2235
Quote: Originally Posted by Wittand View Post
Since M1-4X is also on this list I really hope that this is not the case.
I think M1's internal reaction is more akin to "A gold necklace? Great, I can use this to choke a Sith!" than anything.

Ayslinn_Iduviel
10.08.2012 , 04:15 AM | #2236
Well maybe in the future they'll introduce a droid race and you can romance robots aswell. ;p
Anyway, Uluain can you please repost few bioware contacts you already pestered so we can focus on them too? I would love to send them a letter

Uluain
10.08.2012 , 05:09 AM | #2237
Sure - although ultimately they all end up in the same place, so I'll start there. The lead guy for all community relations that is, the liason between the player community and the studio is the Community Manager, Joveth Gonzalez. You can send him a private message from his profile page, which I have linked from his name, above. If you want to email Joveth, that's jovethg@swtor.com.

However, it seems that relaying info from the Devs to the forums in particular is part of Allison Berryman's specific responsibility. She's been known to reply to us at least in the "sorry, I have nothing new for you" vein, by PM. I have never had an email from her directly, but you can send a private message from her profile page (linked).

To send an email to the Community Team in general, the email is community@swtor.com. I presume this would have to be escalated at least to Allison before it could be replied to with anything other than Stephen Reid's statement from last September, by now nearly an institution in itself.

You can also keep abreast of (and sass back at) SWTOR on Twitter at @SWTOR. Some of the studio regulars, including Joveth, tweet. @HallHood is where we received the non-confirmation confirmation of Gabe Amatangelo's interview remarks associating SGRs with Makeb. SWTOR also has an official presence on Facebook (link). Although I have never known wall posts there to generate any direct reply, they are presumably read.

That about exhausts direct, instant, electronic approaches, all funnelled through the folks who seem to not be able to tell us anything right now. I think it is strongly preferred that we route any enquiries through these channels.

To climb the ladder, however, the best I can find is an actual, physical mailing address, to which one may direct correspondence in the charming, old-world style of ink on paper, sent in an envelope through the post. The Grand Poobah of BioWare Austin seems to be General Manager Matt Bromberg. If my info is current, the Executive Producer for SWTOR is Jeff Hickman. Presumably one or the other have the weight to approve information for release to the community. The mailing address is

BioWare Austin
3100 Esperanza Crossing Ste 110
Austin, TX 78758
USA

telephone: (512) 382-8682

I haven't actually contacted either of these gentlemen, though both have talked about SWTOR in interviews with sites like IGN. As far as this game and studio go, that's probably the top floor. Beyond that, all I can recommend is prayer.

Uluain
10.08.2012 , 06:41 AM | #2238
Also, with the thread in General Discussion about Gabe A.'s leak regarding Makeb and another (which will probably - and rightly - be closed and redirected here) in the Suggestion Box forum, there seem to be a fair amount of provocative posts. I want to say this to remind myself as much as anyone else:

Don't feed the trolls. Flag the post and move on. If you want to post something cutting, just stay on topic as if they hadn't posted. Don't let them have the satisfaction. If they need attention that badly, I am sure Community Support will be happy to provide it.

Chaanii
10.08.2012 , 04:03 PM | #2239
I kinda stopped playing back in January when this all came out. (Kept paying my premium, and still have it ongoing cause I'm too lazy to fix it.) But I really didn't want to re-level my Consular or Bounty Hunter when they are at perfect points to begin their romances with their respective companions. Granted, there is no guarantee that the current companions will even be romancable, but that would be the preference.

I don't want to cancel my Sub. That would take away from the resources available to make this happen. And I want to make this happen. Not out of some perverted impulse, but rather these characters have a life in my head. And the Options available to them as it stands now, don't fit them. And there is nothing I want more, than to let them feel like they have the life that suits them best.

So if it's at all possible, please keep my sub going specifically towards this goal! $15/month dedicated to the Dev crew making this happen.

Thank you.

Uluain
10.09.2012 , 10:46 AM | #2240
At this point, I am as much looking forward to SGRs being implemented so that those threatening to leave when they are added will finally do so. Yes, it's a grumpy day.