Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eleuril
10.07.2012 , 01:30 PM | #2221
From an in-character perspective, I can think of a few things that might change when SGR is implemented. Some of my characters are shelved at a certain point until the feature is implemented, before they acquire particular companions, so I think the change there would be them meeting someone they found interesting. Others have met the companion in question and there are a number of ways that could go, including coming to terms with their own sexuality, slowly realising they have that sort of interest in a particular person, plucking up the courage to ask and so on. None of them are yet in my "headcanon" as being in a relationship already.

One thing to bear in mind is that the player character always initiates the romance storylines, not the companion character. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has it the other way round in their headcanon, for OGR as well as SGR.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
That there a species specific romances in the Imperial Agent storyline is actually a nice feature. I won't say much but there is a backing for Shavere (my Chiss Jedi Knight) being Shara's* (my Chiss Imperial Agent) daughter. I didn't invent her father. At this point in the story I felt a little lost; it was strange to feel that there is actually a people I actually belonged to, whether or not you work for the Empire.

* And it was a nice detail that I picked the name Shara for my Imperial Agent. I didn't know the meaning when I chose it. It was simply coincidence.
I think I know which part of the IA story you're talking about. It was at that point I felt my Chiss Agent was getting really tired and lonely and just wanted to go home, which in a way was made worse by him suddenly being around his own people again. There's actually quite a lot of Chiss-specific stuff for the Agent, which I thought was quite good. The romance with Raina Temple was well-handled, in my opinion.

(But it bugged me that some Chiss NPCs were speaking to me in Huttese while I was speaking to them in Basic. It would have been a nice little bit of flavour be able to speak to them in Cheunh if you were a Chiss yourself. Yeah, I know, I know, limitations with the voice acting and so on.)

From what I've picked up - and actually tried to avoid the topic to not spoiler myself to much -
Spoiler
I think I invited her to do so and she shot me down. Ow.

Eleuril
10.07.2012 , 01:32 PM | #2222
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
From what I've heard, nothing else really happens after Ch 1.
Well, I meant nothing happened for me before the end of Ch. 1 either

stormdrakelord
10.07.2012 , 02:14 PM | #2223
y;know what would have been funny? If they had a companion whose favorite gift was the courting, no matter if they were in a romance with the character or not, and they were meant for SGRs.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Tatile
10.07.2012 , 02:16 PM | #2224
Quote: Originally Posted by stormdrakelord View Post
y;know what would have been funny? If they had a companion whose favorite gift was the courting, no matter if they were in a romance with the character or not, and they were meant for SGRs.
Doc: Favorite - None. Love - Courting, Luxury. Like - Cultural Artifact, Military Gear, Technology, Trophy, Underworld Goods, Weapon.

Dun dun dun!

(Ok, it's not favourite, but I checked the list and he's the only one who seems to 'Love' courting gifts regardless.)

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 02:18 PM | #2225
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
I think I know which part of the IA story you're talking about. It was at that point I felt my Chiss Agent was getting really tired and lonely and just wanted to go home, which in a way was made worse by him suddenly being around his own people again. There's actually quite a lot of Chiss-specific stuff for the Agent, which I thought was quite good. The romance with Raina Temple was well-handled, in my opinion.
Go home... where? My agent never felt so much at home than at this point. If she hadn't been encouraged to go on by a certain character I might have referred to earlier, and if the story hadn't forced her to anyway, she might have wanted to change sides - again. And this time for good. But when I left I had the feeling I did in part, however small that part may be, for my people. And the thought of having a people was something she had almost forgotten.

But an each to their own.

Sweet is the love of ice
Coldness chills human minds
I shiver in delight
Lost in a winter night
(Eyes of Eden - Winter Night)

Halinmonk
10.07.2012 , 02:23 PM | #2226
Malavai likes Courting gifts, even if your male.

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 02:27 PM | #2227
Quote: Originally Posted by Halinmonk View Post
Malavai likes Courting gifts, even if your male.
So does Nadia from a woman. Not that my consular would want to even if it was an option. I am just afraid of what I should do in the unlikely case she would take the initiative. Then again, how could she possibly hide an affection from me given... well, it seems unlikely considering the later influence dialogues. You could possibly argue that the player doesn't realize it in self-deceit; not allowing herself to see the thing that should not be. While some guides state otherwise I think most characters who are romance options either way like courting gifts from any character.

stormdrakelord
10.07.2012 , 02:35 PM | #2228
So does Nadia from a woman. Not that my consular would want to even if it was an option. I am just afraid of what I should do in the unlikely case she would take the initiative. Then again, how could she possibly hide an affection from me given... well, it seems unlikely considering the later influence dialogues. While some guides state otherwise I think most characters who are romance options either way like courting gifts from any character.
I know Elara Dorne doesn't unless you are in a romance, but that probably says more about her character than anything

Quote:
One thing to bear in mind is that the player character always initiates the romance storylines, not the companion character. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has it the other way round in their headcanon, for OGR as well as SGR.
As for this, I have two F/F headcanon right now. My trooper, Kai-lynne I headcanoned to kind of having a GF at this point, A smuggler doing weapons runs for the republic (does not date in-crew), while my Imperial Agent, who happens to be my trooper's ex, is into the casual, one-night-stand scenes.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 02:44 PM | #2229
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Doc: Favorite - None. Love - Courting, Luxury. Like - Cultural Artifact, Military Gear, Technology, Trophy, Underworld Goods, Weapon.

Dun dun dun!

(Ok, it's not favourite, but I checked the list and he's the only one who seems to 'Love' courting gifts regardless.)
I am kinda curious how he reacts to courting now that I shot him down. (Hiding behind my duty - again. I wonder if those light side points get substracted, should I ever decide to engage in a romance with Kira, assuming that possibility will come to be. I don't want light side points for this, it was a lie, dammit!)

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 02:49 PM | #2230
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
That's not true for Doc (and I am damn sure I never clicked a single one "flirt" line) and only half true for Lt. Iresso and a female Jedi Consular (he squirms around alot, but it's him who comes up with it. I may have dropped a flirt line here and there and foolishly encouraged him). With Vector it was indeed my Imperial Agent who started it - if I remember correctly; and that was the only actual romance (barring mini romances) I did so far.