Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ayslinn_Iduviel
10.06.2012 , 06:59 PM | #2211
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
You guys keep going, I've been following this thread since I simply lost steam to continue posting, I have been in this battle since 2009 and then later on in 2010 and 2011(Seriously, you think the negativity towards this feature was bad any time recently?.... oh god you should have been there...).

I might have lost steam, but I am really glad you guys picked up the rainbow coloured flag and continue the fighting in our place, keep up your astounding work and dedication.
I remember you: nice to see you back

As you can see we're almost at the starting point

Uluain
10.06.2012 , 08:39 PM | #2212
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
You guys keep going, I've been following this thread since I simply lost steam to continue posting, I have been in this battle since 2009 and then later on in 2010 and 2011(Seriously, you think the negativity towards this feature was bad any time recently?.... oh god you should have been there...).

I might have lost steam, but I am really glad you guys picked up the rainbow coloured flag and continue the fighting in our place, keep up your astounding work and dedication.
Thanks for the kind words.

I truly believe that it is only a matter of time until we see this implemented and, absent word to the contrary, still hope to see it this year. It would be nice to have some unresolved points clarified, but at this point there is little to be done save for keeping the topic visible. Rest assured, we will continue to do so,

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 02:06 AM | #2213
Well then, what would you do in-game if the subject of your fancy suddenly became a romance option to your character - from an in-character perspective.

I've asked this once before, unfortunately I included a little story about what I would do as well, including Kira, Doc, T7 and the buttler droid, so people responded to that instead of the question.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Uluain
10.07.2012 , 03:06 AM | #2214
From an in-character perspective, little would actually change as my head-canon already has cast that companion in that role to my character. But as a player, of course I'd want to explore the story content to learn more about where the game-canon character is coming from.

RP is an odd thing at times. On the one hand, I am playing the game and seeing the class story including those of my companions unfold. But at the same time, I am kicking around a whole other story - my character's story - in my head, and it differs from the class story for Smuggler in many respects.

So from an in-character view, the partnership alreday exists and has for a year or two although from a player perspective it isn't yet an option to pursue.

Uluain
10.07.2012 , 10:21 AM | #2215
Please let's not get off-track with a critique of aspects of the RL politics of orientation. This is not the place for it.

As it has been a while, and to keep these concerns accessible to the community team, here's the summary of Things We'd Really Like To Know, Please:

• Will same-gender relationships be available with current companions?
  • If so, with which?
  • Will same-gender relationships be available for all eight classes?
  • If not, with which?
  • Will new relationship options be available to characters who have already fully progressed companion stories?
  • Is the awaited same-gender content on the schedule to be released with Makeb?
  • Are we still on track to see that content this year?
  • Will same-gender romance require an in-game credit or cartel coin (or any other similar) expense to unlock?

Some of these questions date back to beta testing. Others are more recent, arising from changes at BioWare Austin and in the direction of the game. Clarification of any would be appreciated.

Captain_Zone
10.07.2012 , 10:27 AM | #2216
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
Developing new companions costs more but the benefit isn't limited to romance options... The companions are there afterwards. It would definitely not be more cost effective, especially considering the sheer amount of companions there are right now and the limitedness with which new romance optoins would actually come available. Remember that the central idea was, not to limit those new companions to a single one class. Making the existing characters available would result in a minor change for a minor group of people and still be a lot work.
My point is it wouldn't be as much work as creating all new companions. Also, the work required to make existing companions SGR capable wouldn't be that much, compared to bringing in all new actors, creating all new characters, and writing all new storylines.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

stuffystuffs
10.07.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2217
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
From an in-character perspective, little would actually change as my head-canon already has cast that companion in that role to my character.
Yeah, pretty much this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
The single one character I would seriously like one of mine to have a romance with and my imperial agent has a serious crush on is probably never gonna be a full blown option. The character formerly known as Watcher Two... *sniff*
I'm pretty sure she is an option already (well, a 'light' option)...perhaps they'll continue it later on.

IDK, I've never done it as my Agent is female.

Eleuril
10.07.2012 , 12:05 PM | #2218
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I'm pretty sure she is an option already (well, a 'light' option)...perhaps they'll continue it later on.

IDK, I've never done it as my Agent is female.
Is it a 'light' option? Ah, that might be why my Agent didn't get anywhere with her. I also read somewhere that she prefers human Agents, so that might also be why.

Rabenschwinge
10.07.2012 , 12:45 PM | #2219
That there a species specific romances in the Imperial Agent storyline is actually a nice feature. I won't say much but there is a backing for Shavere (my Chiss Jedi Knight) being Shara's* (my Chiss Imperial Agent) daughter. I didn't invent her father. At this point in the story I felt a little lost; it was strange to feel that there is actually a people I actually belonged to, whether or not you work for the Empire.

From what I've picked up - and actually tried to avoid the topic to not spoiler myself to much -
Spoiler

* And it was a nice detail that I picked the name Shara for my Imperial Agent. I didn't know the meaning when I chose it. It was simply coincidence.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

stuffystuffs
10.07.2012 , 01:22 PM | #2220
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
Is it a 'light' option? Ah, that might be why my Agent didn't get anywhere with her. I also read somewhere that she prefers human Agents, so that might also be why.
From what I've heard, nothing else really happens after Ch 1.