Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
10.05.2012 , 08:30 PM | #2191
Quote: Originally Posted by tolaf View Post
If this fails i believe we can assume that SGR's have been cancelled.
I'm growing more and more expectant of a "development of this feature is on hiatus until further notice" fob off statement. I'd still like to be wrong, though.

Uluain
10.05.2012 , 09:29 PM | #2192
I am weirdly encouraged still by the non-confirmation confirmation regarding Makeb. That, and that we've been told by both Allison and Joveth that they have no new information to share, rather than that they have nothing they can tell us at all. Faint hope, perhaps, but there it is.

wainot-keel
10.05.2012 , 09:41 PM | #2193
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I don't have a Trooper, so I can't see for myself, but does Elara act significantly differently towards female Troopers than she does towards male Troopers (apart from Bioware's obvious "All companions are straight" angle)?
I only have a female trooper, so I can't really compare. Though I can tell you that she seems to have a huge crush on my girl

Quote: Originally Posted by tolaf View Post
If this fails i believe we can assume that SGR's have been cancelled.
Well, if SGRs are still scheduled and nothing changed, that means the reasons as to why they don't say anything are still in place too. No much reason to read this new communication failure differently

Zandilar
10.05.2012 , 09:46 PM | #2194
Right now, I am honestly thinking that no news is good news.

But I waver back and forth on this, so ask me tomorrow and I might have a different answer.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

stormdrakelord
10.06.2012 , 12:46 AM | #2195
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I don't have a Trooper, so I can't see for myself, but does Elara act significantly differently towards female Troopers than she does towards male Troopers (apart from Bioware's obvious "All companions are straight" angle)?
Pretty much the Same I would Assume, considering most Dialogue would be the same.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

chuixupu
10.06.2012 , 01:34 AM | #2196
For a giggle, I'd say this is the closest I've seen to a flirt between my male character and a male npc

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...u/flirting.jpg
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Rabenschwinge
10.06.2012 , 02:46 AM | #2197
What I was wondering: Are the player species options all at least once presented as romance options through the entire game, regardless of whether male or female? I know there is a female twi'lek with the Sith Warrior, even though I am not playing one nor have any intention to. But I can't recall a Chiss, Miraluka, Miralan. I think there is a Zabrak somewhere but can't remember exactly where...

I know less then half the characters, though, I have played only three classes to a high level yet.

I like diversity, but I have kinda set my mind in this regard. All my characters are either Chiss or Twi'lek... When I was logging into my female twi'lek consular yesterday and distributed some companion gifts rusting in my inventory I got into the dialogue with Ireso initiating the romance. That was odd. He's a nice guy, and my consular certainly likes it when people don't forget that she's a woman as much as a Jedi Master. But she's not looking for an eternal love with that boy scout character, regardless of how much she likes him. If he'd been twi'lek she would have set yes. If he'd been looking for a bit sex every now and then I would have said yes. But certainly not a serious, ongoing relationship. So she first encouraged him, while avoiding flirt options, I actually clicked the "I am still a woman" option... and then bailed out hiding behind her duty. That felt dishonest.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Palar
10.06.2012 , 03:40 AM | #2198
Akaavi's the Zabrak option, for Smugglers. There's Vette and Kaliyo as well, and Aric will count when Cathar open up.

I guess Mako counts as Cyborg, which leaves Sith, Chiss, Mirialan and Miraluka - Sith's the only one of those you even get as a companion at all.

Rabenschwinge
10.06.2012 , 04:11 AM | #2199
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
Akaavi's the Zabrak option, for Smugglers. There's Vette and Kaliyo as well, and Aric will count when Cathar open up.

I guess Mako counts as Cyborg, which leaves Sith, Chiss, Mirialan and Miraluka - Sith's the only one of those you even get as a companion at all.
Ah, cyborg still counts as human as far as I am concerned.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Tatile
10.06.2012 , 10:33 AM | #2200
For my own notes, sent my aforementioned message to both Mr. Gonzalez and Ms. Berryman with the intention of it being passed on to Mr. Hood.