Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
07.07.2012 , 01:57 PM | #211
I asked an in-game CSR about getting word on this earlier and was told we need to wait for developer feedback, and to keep up-to-date with the developer tracker. I took that to mean "*** is this? Same-sex romances? I don't even know what that is, copy pasta time :S"

But then I'm getting a little disenchanted with Bioware.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
07.07.2012 , 02:04 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I asked an in-game CSR about getting word on this earlier and was told we need to wait for developer feedback, and to keep up-to-date with the developer tracker. I took that to mean "*** is this? Same-sex romances? I don't even know what that is, copy pasta time :S"

But then I'm getting a little disenchanted with Bioware.
EA Customer Service <---(oxymoron) is not BioWare. Ingame CS is run by EA, which is the main reason why they have no clue usually when it comes to fixing problems. BioWare has been pretty forthcoming since the last "failure to communicate" debacle. We just need more Q&A sessions with them.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
07.07.2012 , 03:33 PM | #213
That certainly explains why one CSR I spoke to was adamant Mercenaries had an interrupt. Hopefully Comic Con will sort a few things out.

Captain_Zone's Avatar


Captain_Zone
07.07.2012 , 05:58 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
That certainly explains why one CSR I spoke to was adamant Mercenaries had an interrupt. Hopefully Comic Con will sort a few things out.
In the loosest sense of the term, Electro Dart IS an interrupt. But I definitely get your meaning. My main is a Mercenary. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
07.07.2012 , 06:05 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayslinn_Iduviel View Post
That's the reason why I (and other ppl) think that they're going to add new specifically companions for SGRA: the point is that all of that are speculations, nothing more, because BW has not given any info about.
If none of the current companions gets available for SGR, I will be HUGELY disappointed

Zandilar's Avatar


Zandilar
07.07.2012 , 07:15 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
I understand why you think that. The original announcement, nearly a year ago, seemed to suggest SGRs would be with new companions. However, at the guild summit, BioWare said they knew what companions they would do SGRs with, companions that it made sense for, and said they wouldn't tell us who. While this doesn't outright say SGRs will be with current companions, it implies it, since I doubt they would say they wouldn't tell us who the companions were if we didn't already know those companions. Please take a look at the guild summit video for that, I linked it in a post I made on the first page of this thread.

Otherwise, they could have said something like "You can have a same-gender relationship with Jek'ula!" and left us all wondering who the frack Jek'ula was.
There is another interpretation for that though. If writing takes such a long lead time, then it's likely they know about companions that aren't in the game yet (and possibly have known about them since before launch). They're not likely to tell us that though, because they want to keep us guessing.

Quote:
On the other hand, throw us a frickin' bone, would you, BW?
^ 100% this.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

MusedMoose's Avatar


MusedMoose
07.08.2012 , 07:19 AM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
There is another interpretation for that though. If writing takes such a long lead time, then it's likely they know about companions that aren't in the game yet (and possibly have known about them since before launch). They're not likely to tell us that though, because they want to keep us guessing.
Hrm. Y'know, that makes perfect sense, and I didn't even think about it that way. I am enlightened, and yet bothered.

I mean, I like the idea of companions written from the start with SGRs in mind, so the same-gender stuff doesn't seem tacked-on and there's a smaller chance of people saying it's out of character. But at the same time, I really don't like the idea of only post-launch companions being SGR-enabled. Not only would it mean we don't get to have SGRs with the companions we've come to know and love, but it would mean anyone who wants an SGR would have to wait much longer to get it than people pursuing OGRs. And that just seems unfair and a bad way to handle this.

It's still all speculation, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get some news from the SDCC panel, since there's one all about companions.

Forgon's Avatar


Forgon
07.08.2012 , 07:42 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Hrm. Y'know, that makes perfect sense, and I didn't even think about it that way. I am enlightened, and yet bothered.

I mean, I like the idea of companions written from the start with SGRs in mind, so the same-gender stuff doesn't seem tacked-on and there's a smaller chance of people saying it's out of character. But at the same time, I really don't like the idea of only post-launch companions being SGR-enabled. Not only would it mean we don't get to have SGRs with the companions we've come to know and love, but it would mean anyone who wants an SGR would have to wait much longer to get it than people pursuing OGRs. And that just seems unfair and a bad way to handle this.

It's still all speculation, unfortunately. Hopefully we'll get some news from the SDCC panel, since there's one all about companions.
While my Sith is enjoying his wonderful Ashara, I always thought Talos Drellik could be an option for SGR (especially in one of his conversations which would be a great way to hit it off). Same with females and Ashara, I can see it working out even though I will not pursue it.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

Ayslinn_Iduviel's Avatar


Ayslinn_Iduviel
07.08.2012 , 03:08 PM | #219
Maybe if we start bark again, they'll throw us another bone?

BAU! BAU! BAU! BAU! BAU! BAU!

Zeydon's Avatar


Zeydon
07.08.2012 , 04:44 PM | #220
Same gender relations need to happen sooner rather than later. It seems that the graphics and whatnots have taken precedence which is fine, but it is past time that these were implemented. I have been looking forward to a relationship with Corso Riggs, Quinn, and Torian. I know that others are hoping for different companions. It would seem like the voice acting wouldn't take that long to record and patch in.