Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wainot-keel
10.03.2012 , 11:38 AM | #2081
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
You could theoretically design a character with a certain look, I suppose... My IA Jan'neria, for example, is pretty butch (she's Body type 3, with short slicked back hair, and wears an imperial uniform), but I didn't design her with that in mind.

Now I think about it, most of my characters use the "amazon" body type... Hmm... I think that says more about me than it does about my characters, though.
"Amazon" body type ? You mean body type 2 ? That's how I "translate" that.
My Commando and Jugg are bd 2. My Sorcerer is 3. She definetely has a "butchy" look (dammit, I need campaing legs so I can get rid of that stupid skirt for good, lol). And my agent is -zomg- body type 4
Body type 1 ? meh... doesn't really work

Quething
10.03.2012 , 11:39 AM | #2082
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I don't see how you were able to draw that conclusion.
You said you'd like them to do romances for mammalian species with exactly two genders. That doesn't include humans. That means human NPCs wouldn't be available for s/s romance.

Let's not ignore the existence of our trans* allies in a thread that's entirely about how much it sucks when our existence is ignored ourselves.

Quote:
/me imagines [flirt] options in flashpoint briefings
Actually those already exist. Male smug can ask Satele out to dinner after one of the early FPs. She shoots him down very classily.

Quote:
Besides, when it comes to concil members, I believe that Master Kiwiiks is largly underestimated when it comes to that. Not sure how Kira would react to that...
I can't imagine pursuing that for its own sake, but I admit would totally roll an entire alt solely to see Kira's reaction.

Rabenschwinge
10.03.2012 , 11:53 AM | #2083
Quote: Originally Posted by Quething View Post
You said you'd like them to do romances for mammalian species with exactly two genders. That doesn't include humans. That means human NPCs wouldn't be available for s/s romance.

Let's not ignore the existence of our trans* allies in a thread that's entirely about how much it sucks when our existence is ignored ourselves.
Hermaphrodits are not an own gender but people who have gender specific attributes of two genders. The human species has exactly to genders, even though not every individually belongs to only one of them.

Besides you're confusing transvestites and hermaphrodites.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Baptes
10.03.2012 , 02:01 PM | #2084
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
"Amazon" body type ? You mean body type 2 ? That's how I "translate" that.
My Commando and Jugg are bd 2. My Sorcerer is 3. She definetely has a "butchy" look (dammit, I need campaing legs so I can get rid of that stupid skirt for good, lol). And my agent is -zomg- body type 4
Body type 1 ? meh... doesn't really work
My Mirialan JK uses Body Type 3. Looks like a cross between the She Hulk and those green females from Star Trek that have pheromones that make men lose their minds and obey them.

Body Type 3 is what I call an Amazonian physique, especially in the Republic Dancer/Slave Girl outfits. They show off all the muscles, and boy is she ripped!

theStirge
10.03.2012 , 03:38 PM | #2085
My characters all "match" their armor class. Sorc and Shadow are type 1, Op, Gunslinger, and Sentinel are all type 2, and Jugg, Merc, and Vanguard are all type 3. The skinny girls I haven't played enough to really get into their heads yet, but I think the sorcerer is probably a femme and the shadow is a bit more on the butch side. The Op is a dykey femme, Sent is a high femme, Merc is a mushy butch, Jugg is stone(which is nice what with Vette being such a pillow queen and all), the Gunslinger thinks labels are stupid, and my poor Vanguard is one of those unfortunate girls who got pushed into competitive sports and the military because of her size but just wanted to play with dolls and wear pink dresses and find a nice girl to open doors for her and hold her and make her feel safe and treat her like the princess she is, but she was too shy to assert herself and now she's built this tough no-nonsense shell around herself just to survive her environment. Still waiting for (female) Prince Charming to come riding in on a white horse and rescue her from her prison, though.
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

Uluain
10.03.2012 , 04:07 PM | #2086
I have used body type 1 for my (f) Marauder, my (m) Mercenary, my (m) Gunslinger (he's sensitive about it. ) and my (f) Guardian. The rest are body type 2, save for a "spare" smuggler I made bodytype 4 so I could match his Twi'lek social dance with him singing "I've got the moobs like Jabba!"

So I didn't really match body type to class, nor to personality (my Guardian, for instance, is intensely physical and athletic she's just not big. Probably my Gunslinger is the only one sensitive about his size, but it makes him more assertive and brash to compensate. None of my characters are "butch" or "femme" per se I find the uke/seme dichotomy is not reflected IRL, and it is a convention I deliberately avoid.

There are polarities at play, of course. My Gunslinger is the brains, head-canon Corso the brawn but that is more a Fafhrd / Grey Mouser sort of thing than one built on sexual identity.

Rabenschwinge
10.03.2012 , 04:54 PM | #2087
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I have used body type 1 for my (f) Marauder, my (m) Mercenary, my (m) Gunslinger (he's sensitive about it. ) and my (f) Guardian. The rest are body type 2, save for a "spare" smuggler I made bodytype 4 so I could match his Twi'lek social dance with him singing "I've got the moobs like Jabba!" .
You use a Sith Marauder with body type 1? I once created a Sith Warrior... If I remember correctly with these settings:
http://imageshack.us/a/img715/1043/sithwarrior.jpg

It just didn't work for me, I went through the first dialogue, went into the very first dungeon and spoke to the soldier there and then gave up: The voice of a female Sith Warrior simply requires body type 3 or 4, imho. I am curious what this character looked like. Could you IM me a screenshot link of the login screen? This is getting somewhat OT.
Ah, yes. "Reapers."

Uluain
10.03.2012 , 05:23 PM | #2088
You use a Sith Marauder with body type 1? I once created a Sith Warrior... If I remember correctly with these settings:

It just didn't work for me, I went through the first dialogue, went into the very first dungeon and spoke to the soldier there and then gave up: The voice of a female Sith Warrior simply requires body type 3 or 4, imho. I am curious what this character looked like. Could you IM me a screenshot link of the login screen? This is getting somewhat OT.
I was going for an Asajj Ventress clone. I'll see if I can grab a better pic but here is a snapshot:
http://i.imgur.com/Ys7Mz.jpg

Think fierce, fast and fearless. DPS build.

Incidentally, I am unsure of her orientation but at this point so is she. Her master really did a number on her mentally and emotionally to make her a ruthless killer. She has had a child, but that may not have been a conventional conception. Still getting to know her and her history.

stuffystuffs
10.03.2012 , 05:29 PM | #2089
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
I was going for an Asajj Ventress clone. I'll see if I can grab a better pic but here is a snapshot:
http://i.imgur.com/Ys7Mz.jpg

Think fierce, fast and fearless. DPS build.
I also have a body type 1 rattataki SW.

I think the female SW voice fits pretty well with a rattataki in general.
Node guarder

Baptes
10.03.2012 , 06:05 PM | #2090

I dunno, my Lethan Twi'lek Body Type 1 Jugg looks pretty good. Of course that may be because she's wearing the Bounty Hunter Black Talon Chest (due to the robes never freaking dropping!! ), and when everything is matched to chest my whole outfit is white with blue accents. They got rid of the "skidmark" dirty inner thigh effect matching used to produce (Man that looked so bad!!! ). I'm happy overall with the look (but I still want those robes! drop curse you!!!!!).

BTW
Screenie