Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kodyack
10.02.2012 , 07:48 PM | #2051
I gotta say, I'm surprised that this hasn't been implemented yet, I remember last year they were all about adding this option to the game, guess it was all talk with no action. Affection -30
It is such a quiet thing; to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it. | Never Forget The Bothan Spies.

natashina
10.02.2012 , 08:06 PM | #2052
(continued from page 205)

That's why I hate the whole, "gays aren't in SW," or "if SGR happens, I'll unsub since the lore is ruined thing." There are those out there that treat this like anathema(omg, spelled that right without spell check!)

What saddens me the most is that non-humans are okay with humans, NPC can fall in love with images, but gay people "don't exist?" l actually saw someone on my server(which has few trolls all in all) tell a bunch of people in Tython that if you support gay rights/gay marriage/even SGR content in this game, you are condoning violating children.

I wanted to call this person many many bad names that would have probably resulted in a ban. Thankfully, a lot of people shut him down quick, myself included(without the aforementioned bad words.) It wasn't long before the troll was cornered by logic. He went from "gays are evil," to "this country was built on slavery!"

I made sure I left before the jackwagon could Godwin himself. I knew it was coming at that rate. Trolls can be quite predictable.

Oh and "gays are trying to push their agenda on us," type crap was coming out of their fingers as well. Naturally.
Funny how for the LGBT communities it's equality and for some narrow minded people it's an "agenda."

*Edit: Plus, I think that very same troll ended up here a couple of days ago and got his posts yanked. Same statements, same cadence in speech too.

Kioma
10.02.2012 , 08:13 PM | #2053
Okay, I'm out. I'll be back when attempts to keep this thread from devolving into a misery-fest filled with nothing but statement after statement of how everyone's annoyed we don't have information, with absolutely zero room for anything else or any other kind of discussion, aren't met without outright, blatant condescension.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Zandilar
10.02.2012 , 08:14 PM | #2054
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
I didn't put Scorpio on the list since she seems quite humanoid. From what I have seen(haven't met her yet on my IA,) her bloodlust is on par with DS Jaesa's.

However, Scorpio seems like she could be a sexual being. I'm not saying it would happen, but if we are playing in a world where someone can love a hologram, why not a droid? Especially a more humanoid one.
Trying to have a relationship with SCORPIO would be like trying to have a relationship with HK-47 - that is, you'd have to live with the fact that eventually your lover would kill you, that your lover actually actively hates you. So no. SCORPIO does not make sense. (Trust me, I've a max level IA. :P)

But on that topic... There was a "crazy droid lady" in the original KotOR series, though the droid she had a thing for was a protocol droid that she was using as a substitute for her dead husband, IIRC. It was presented as being quite creepy, and all the poor droid wanted to do was get away from her. I suspect there might be limitations of programming with might prevent droid/non-droid relations on the part of the droid.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

natashina
10.02.2012 , 08:30 PM | #2055
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Trying to have a relationship with SCORPIO would be like trying to have a relationship with HK-47 - that is, you'd have to live with the fact that eventually your lover would kill you, that your lover actually actively hates you. So no. SCORPIO does not make sense. (Trust me, I've a max level IA. :P)
That can be fun, as long as you keep a blaster handy. Seriously, I can see your point. Bad enough that I don't trust DS Jaesa 100% even w/ maxed affection. SCORPIO would be worse.

Quote:
But on that topic... There was a "crazy droid lady" in the original KotOR series, though the droid she had a thing for was a protocol droid that she was using as a substitute for her dead husband, IIRC. It was presented as being quite creepy, and all the poor droid wanted to do was get away from her. I suspect there might be limitations of programming with might prevent droid/non-droid relations on the part of the droid.
This makes me more inclined to hope for an update to KotOR, changing only the fact it could work on Win 7/Win 8. I really like the idea of having an NPC like that in game. It not only would show many different types of relationships in ToR, but frankly sounds like a great quest for a PC to do. I'm trying to picture my JK attempting to keep a straight face as he meets a crazy old droid lady.

And I could see things being...awkward if intimacy came up between a droid and a humanoid. Still, it would be nice to see it in game if for no other reason than to show the differences and diversity of the Galaxy.

losdia
10.02.2012 , 08:43 PM | #2056
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Okay, I'm out. I'll be back when attempts to keep this thread from devolving into a misery-fest filled with nothing but statement after statement of how everyone's annoyed we don't have information, with absolutely zero room for anything else or any other kind of discussion, aren't met without outright, blatant condescension.
Sorry to hear that, you always add an interesting perspective to the discussions.

To me it kind of feels like it isn't just this thread. Ever since the last patch hit with it's super buggy content everything feels kind of down about the game's community right now. Or maybe that is only part of it, since the server consolidation the vibe in game has gotten pretty bad too, it's like those two jerks every server had all met when the consolidation happened and are now busy forming whole new guilds of jerks. I dunno, all I can really say for sure is it feels like there is some kind of bad vibe going around that is tainting the community. So, I get where you are coming from.

To me the weird thing is that all the information we do have about SGR is fairly optimistic, so I'm not really sure why everyone is so down about this. Maybe it is just that we're attracting a higher number of trolls and 'phobes than usual, but it feels like more than that. I don't really know what the deal is, but it isn't just you Kioma, this place is starting to feel tainted by the un-fun variety of the dark side.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

natashina
10.02.2012 , 08:49 PM | #2057
The lack of clarification does have a lot of posters down. My solution is to try to enjoy the game and work on my IA's story. I figure as much as this lack of info sucks, it isn't healthy for me to stay angry. I'm disgruntled, sure, but I'm not that angry. At this point, all I can do as a player is to watch for any new information, wait until 1.5 and have fun as much as I can while awaiting SGRs.

I'm still going to think about who's coming and how it might be available. I still enjoy the random comments that come out of Kailyo's mouth. I still LOVE Alderaan, which is one of the prettiest planets in the game.

As far as the bugginess of 1.4 goes, it hasn't gotten me down any. I've seen much worse from mmo's in my 8 yrs of playing the genre. I know that Patch Day = Problems. So I try not to let that bother me too much. /shrug

Palar
10.02.2012 , 09:36 PM | #2058
Remember, BioWare.... Only YOU Can Prevent Forum Fires.

losdia
10.02.2012 , 10:43 PM | #2059
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
As far as the bugginess of 1.4 goes, it hasn't gotten me down any. I've seen much worse from mmo's in my 8 yrs of playing the genre. I know that Patch Day = Problems. So I try not to let that bother me too much. /shrug
I've seen a lot of patches that were as bugged as 1.4 since I started playing MMOs waaay back with EQ1 in '99, but I've very seldom seen one that generated as much negative reaction from the playerbase as this one. I honestly don't think it is that bad really, it was mostly just hardware conflicts they didn't catch in QA, but it feels like it was something of a perfect storm to make a lot of players crazy about it. There was too long a delay since the last major content update combined with the common wisdom that it was rushed to compete with WOW's new expansion. that just left a lot of players turned off from the game right now and venting their bad feelings on the forums.

I dunno, I just kind of feel there is a bad vibe going around. Trying to attribute causes to it is probably futile.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

HellbirdIV
10.02.2012 , 11:37 PM | #2060
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
I'll be back when attempts to keep this thread from devolving into a misery-fest filled with nothing but statement after statement of how everyone's annoyed we don't have information, with absolutely zero room for anything else or any other kind of discussion, aren't met without outright, blatant condescension.
I am annoyed that we don't have information and will keep stating it until something actually happens. Unfortunately, the last time I tried to discuss anything same-gender related on these forums that wasn't just about the lack of news about content, a rampaging CM came by and deleted my posts. So huff.