Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ayslinn_Iduviel's Avatar


Ayslinn_Iduviel
10.01.2012 , 02:15 AM | #1951
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
there will never be a same sex romance option. ever. They want to maintain the games T rating and adding in Homosexual tendencies to the game will be too much and would bump it to a M game.

and dont go spounting about how "Bioware is a bunch of bigotous *****s!" cause they ahve several games were homosexual romance options are huge in the game.

Also the star wars universe has never expressed Homosexual tendencies ever. i highly doudt they will now.
They already said that there will be, we're only discussing how and when; I doubt BW will go back on his word after what recently happened with Mass Effect: surely they don't want to lose ALL the fan base remained

rahadnak's Avatar


rahadnak
10.01.2012 , 02:42 AM | #1952
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
there will never be a same sex romance option. ever. They want to maintain the games T rating and adding in Homosexual tendencies to the game will be too much and would bump it to a M game.

and dont go spounting about how "Bioware is a bunch of bigotous *****s!" cause they ahve several games were homosexual romance options are huge in the game.

Also the star wars universe has never expressed Homosexual tendencies ever. i highly doudt they will now.
I think all of these issues have already been revised in this thread, and our doubts about them have been cleared up, so i can't see the point of insisting.

natashina's Avatar


natashina
10.01.2012 , 03:17 AM | #1953
Edit: Found the link I was looking for.

I do have both of the tweeted responses from Hall Hood onto updated FAQ, as well as the possible 1.5 release date. I managed to get both tweets since I was watching the feed that night.

HellbirdIV's Avatar


HellbirdIV
10.01.2012 , 04:15 AM | #1954
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
They want to maintain the games T rating and adding in Homosexual tendencies to the game will be too much and would bump it to a M game.
Nope. ESRB rules specifically state that same-sex content does not in any way affect a game's rating.

Which has been brought up in this thread already.

Twice.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.01.2012 , 04:35 AM | #1955
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Nope. ESRB rules specifically state that same-sex content does not in any way affect a game's rating.

Which has been brought up in this thread already.

Twice.
Actually I think it's more than twice, maybe closer to four times by now.

And yes, even though I see this anti-gay whargle-garble so often on these boards I still can't wrap my head around why people are so adamantly homophobic. Equality is a bad thing and so is choice? Should all player characters be middle-aged, slightly over-weight straight white men and have Bioware dictate our class and story progression?

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.01.2012 , 05:41 AM | #1956
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Actually I think it's more than twice, maybe closer to four times by now.

And yes, even though I see this anti-gay whargle-garble so often on these boards I still can't wrap my head around why people are so adamantly homophobic. Equality is a bad thing and so is choice? Should all player characters be middle-aged, slightly over-weight straight white men and have Bioware dictate our class and story progression?
I don't quite understand the ones who come in here and announce with vindictive glee that SGR content won't be in the game for one reason or another. Ultimately, it boils down to the fact that most of them are hoping it won't be in but don't want to actually say that. So off they go and scrabble around for something that they think might ensure it isn't implemented, like the issue of the ESRB rating.

And they do often come across as gleeful. "I'm going to get what I want! You're not getting anything! Ha ha!" It's almost sad. Like some of these people can only gain any sort of pleasure from putting down others or depriving them of something.

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.01.2012 , 05:47 AM | #1957
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
And they do often come across as gleeful. "I'm going to get what I want! You're not getting anything! Ha ha!" It's almost sad. Like some of these people can only gain any sort of pleasure from putting down others or depriving them of something.
I don't like bacon, so no one gets bacon!

Tesco is never going to sell bacon, it doesn't matter how many times they say they're in talks with pig farmers, bacon isn't coming to Tesco!

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.01.2012 , 05:52 AM | #1958
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I don't like bacon, so no one gets bacon!

Tesco is never going to sell bacon, it doesn't matter how many times they say they're in talks with pig farmers, bacon isn't coming to Tesco!
"Not that I have anything against bacon, you understand, because that would make people who like bacon angry with me. I just don't think bacon ought to be allowed."

Tatile's Avatar


Tatile
10.01.2012 , 06:06 AM | #1959
Quote: Originally Posted by Eleuril View Post
"Not that I have anything against bacon, you understand, because that would make people who like bacon angry with me. I just don't think bacon ought to be allowed."
I'm not against bacon, I just don't believe bacon should be allowed in our schools, films or popular media. I shouldn't have to see bacon when I go shopping and ham should also be restricted. Did you know it's a form of bacon?

Besides, you can still want bacon, you just have to have beef instead.

Eleuril's Avatar


Eleuril
10.01.2012 , 06:14 AM | #1960
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
I'm not against bacon, I just don't believe bacon should be allowed in our schools, films or popular media. I shouldn't have to see bacon when I go shopping and ham should also be restricted. Did you know it's a form of bacon?

Besides, you can still want bacon, you just have to have beef instead.
"Do you see how nice and tolerant I am, allowing you to like bacon? And do you see how demanding and unreasonable you are being in asking to be allowed to eat it?"

(I really should stop doing this )