Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MusedMoose
06.30.2012 , 02:53 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Evil_Jashinist View Post
I don't think they'll want to risk the rainbow nerdrage that is likely to happen if companions who become available for SGR are unavailable beause you've already gotten a too high affection level with them.

But just to be on the safe side, I'll personally avoid playing any more on my SW now that I'm gonna meet Quinn xD
Agreed. As I've said before, it doesn't seem possible to miss out on companion conversations by not doing them, so it seems likely that SGR-available companions will just suddenly have a ton of new things to say if their affection is maxed.

I agree with not playing the characters just in case, though. I'm generally an optimist, but things can always go horribly wrong. Also, I don't want to miss out on chances to [Flirt] with companions before the romance starts, as I've seen that option on every character who's interacted with a future romantic prospect. The thought of my scary-creepy SI flirting with someone amuses me - she chose to shock Andronikos instead of flirting with him - but there's a reason I haven't started her on chapter 2 yet...

Also: "rainbow nerdrage" is my new favorite phrase from this thread.

Captain_Zone
06.30.2012 , 06:24 PM | #172
Any word on 1.4 yet? I'm still looking forward to rerolling my JK and getting with Kira. Mmmmm gotta love them Irish Redheads. Going to have to make my JK a Chiss, too. Because Kira needs to realize that Once You Go Blue, NOTHING Else Will Do.
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Zandilar
06.30.2012 , 07:31 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Any word on 1.4 yet? I'm still looking forward to rerolling my JK and getting with Kira. Mmmmm gotta love them Irish Redheads. Going to have to make my JK a Chiss, too. Because Kira needs to realize that Once You Go Blue, NOTHING Else Will Do.
Chiss are IT. That is all.

(Rainbow Nerdrage! LOL)
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

MusedMoose
06.30.2012 , 07:57 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
No word on 1.4, and I expect it'll be at least a week or two before we start hearing stuff about it. No, I have nothing to back this up, it's just a hunch.

As for the rest, damn right. I plan to make my female Smuggler a Chiss, and she'll teach Risha much the same thing. I can only hope female Smugglers will get as many options to flirt with women as the male Smugglers do, or at least with Risha; I totally want my Scoundrel to hit on Risha every chance she gets.

Pity female characters don't have a dreadlocks hair option, so I can't make her look quite this awesome. But I'll do my best.

Zandilar
07.01.2012 , 01:47 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
Pity female characters don't have a dreadlocks hair option, so I can't make her look quite this awesome. But I'll do my best.
There is a corn row-plaits hair style for female characters... That picture is awesome, but she doesn't have red eyes!
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

Crezelle
07.01.2012 , 02:14 AM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
There is a corn row-plaits hair style for female characters... That picture is awesome, but she doesn't have red eyes!
that got me too. maybe shes a half blood like my smuggler.
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Sapho
07.01.2012 , 03:40 AM | #177
I can only hope female Smugglers will get as many options to flirt with women as the male Smugglers do, or at least with Risha; I totally want my Scoundrel to hit on Risha every chance she gets.
I Second that

Avrid
07.02.2012 , 05:57 AM | #178
so i was reading the comminty blog from last week, and the first response made me cringe:

"Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): As we come to the end of our big must-have features (like Group Finder), updates are driven more and more by the community. Expect to see far more of the smaller quality of life requested features (color matching for companions, chat bubbles, etc.) start to get real traction under them in the near future."

so the way I read this is that sgra has been scrapped, there has been no recent response by a dev to let anyone know that they are still working on it for them to come out. the silence and that statement make me think that it just wont be added.
It would be nice for reassurance but that would assume that any dev person acutally looks at this thread anymore

MusedMoose
07.02.2012 , 06:30 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by Avrid View Post
so i was reading the comminty blog from last week, and the first response made me cringe:

"Daniel Erickson (Lead Game Designer): As we come to the end of our big must-have features (like Group Finder), updates are driven more and more by the community. Expect to see far more of the smaller quality of life requested features (color matching for companions, chat bubbles, etc.) start to get real traction under them in the near future."

so the way I read this is that sgra has been scrapped, there has been no recent response by a dev to let anyone know that they are still working on it for them to come out. the silence and that statement make me think that it just wont be added.
It would be nice for reassurance but that would assume that any dev person acutally looks at this thread anymore
With all due respect, I have no idea how you arrived at that conclusion.

First, what you define as a "big must-have feature" and what BioWare defines as it are clearly different things. I'd like to see BW calling SGRs a must-have thing, but I'm guessing they define that as essential features for an MMO, not things that are specific to TOR, like SGRs or companion relationships in general. Taking a broad, general statement and deciding it means one single thing has been scrapped is a huge leap and makes no logical sense at all.

Second, what's to stop SGRs from falling into the category of "smaller quality of life requested features"? SGRs are something that many of us consider an improvement to the game, but they won't have a massive impact on gameplay. Just like, oh, chat bubbles and companion outfit color-matching. Sounds like a pretty good category for them to be in.

Third, at the guild summit (please see the video I linked in the first page of this thread), BW said that SGRs are coming this year and they'll talk about SGRs when they're done. No word from BW is in no way a sign that SGRs have been scrapped. Until we hear otherwise, no word from BW means SGRs aren't done yet. Simple as that.

I'd encourage you to look at what people are actually saying instead of trying to draw specific conclusions from an over-reaching and somewhat vague statement.

Tatile
07.02.2012 , 06:35 AM | #180
I'd encourage you to look at what people are actually saying instead of trying to draw specific conclusions from an over-reaching and somewhat vague statement.
But if we can't draw conclusions from over-reaching and somewhat vague statements how will we reach our appropriate level of Rainbow Nerdrage for this week?