Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
09.26.2012 , 12:46 PM | #1721
Quote: Originally Posted by WushuDragon_ View Post
Where is this proof of same sex romances coming? Show me proof from the mouth of Bioware themselves.
For an official statement the current person to lean on is Mr. Hood.

Uluain
09.26.2012 , 01:12 PM | #1722
Quote: Originally Posted by WushuDragon_ View Post
Where is this proof of same sex romances coming? Show me proof from the mouth of Bioware themselves.
Neither mention occurred on these forums (then again, no announcement regarding SGR has, unless you count community rep reposts of the Stephen Reid announcement). One was spotted by a thread regular and reposted here as a video link. The other was confirmation of those remarks, yesterday, by Hall Hood via Twitter.

Principal Lead PvP Designer Gabe Amatangelo gave this short statement at the close of an interview which was mostly about the coming Warzone, Ancient Hypergates:
Quote: Originally Posted by Gabe Amatangelo
[swtor-life.com interview at Gamescom 2012, August 1519]

Um, the same-sex relationship stuff, there is I think it is in Makeb? In the new update, I think there is some stuff in there. But I don't know exactly. I'm not, not a writer. That's sort of the aspect that I am farthest from. But it really comes down to just getting it on the schedule and getting that content into the game
Lead Writer Hall Hood was asked if he could verify that SGRs would in fact be coming with Makeb, and replied laconically:
Quote: Originally Posted by Hall Hood
[via Twitter, Sept. 25 2012]
Hall Hood ‏@hallhood
(1 of 2) To all the folks who have been expressing interest in SGRs, here is the official word from Gabe Amatangelo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s

(2 of 2) When I can share more information, I will let you know. Writing romances is one of my favorite things about working on SWTOR. :-)
We had been speculating here that "new story comes with Makeb" + "SGRs come with new story this year" = "SGRs come with Makeb". Then Gabe A. made that informal remark, but seemed uncertain and gave the caveat that he's not a story guy. We asked Hall Hood, who is the Story Guy, if this Makeb leak was accurate. He says it is. So there we have it.

JediMB
09.26.2012 , 01:56 PM | #1723
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
A majority of the guys (who I believe are str8) in my guild want V-on-V action so it's not just gay ppl
Oh, no doubt. That's why I put the quotation marks around the word.

I'm straight myself, although some people have started to question that after I Facebook'd a photo of myself in what appears to be a gay kiss.

I just like challenging gender norms, and I've been growing rather shameless in recent years.

Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
That being said, I still have a blast thinking about who can and can't be available. So, in the name of returning some of the fun into this thread, who do you guys want to be with in a SGRA?
Well, assuming that there'll be one female character with a SGR per class, and a lot of classes only have one female companion, the actual choices would have to be...

Risha or Akaavi. No preference.
Vette or Jaesa. Probably Vette.
Kailyo or Raina. Again, no preference, because I haven't played the class yet.

For male characters, I can say probably Corso for the Smuggler. Bounty Hunter doesn't really have any good options, in my opinion, unless one finds Gault appealing. The rest of the classes I simply haven't played enough to say.

Quote: Originally Posted by MoogleNut View Post
For my own amusement I began altering the existing Bastila/Female Revan KoTOR mod (Which was a great start but was done by a straight guy afaik, and some of the added player dialogue reflected that. Sorry, but an all-powerful Jedi/Sith is not going to call some-one "Hun" ><).
While doing so, the problems associated with just changing gender-flags became clear - especially since dialogue was only recorded with Male Revan romance in mind. the original mod just cut dialogue completely, or had a silent response - this wasn't good enough for me so I completely re-wrote a lot of Revan's dialogue options (the technical side of the modding got the better of me I'm afraid and it's been on the back-back-burner ever since), and edited some of Bastila's audio responses - some came out brilliantly, others passable but not great.
Oh, that reminds me of my most recent playthrough. I decided to give the Bastila/FemRev mod available a shot, and I do remember it being pretty terrible at times.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Tatile
09.26.2012 , 02:03 PM | #1724
Agent: Vector (Lokin's too... platonic to be a romance), Kaliyo and Raina
SW: Pierce and Vette
Sorc: It has to be Ashara and Andronikus
Bounty Hunter: Mako and Torian, same as above

Raynezazki
09.26.2012 , 02:32 PM | #1725
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Agent: Vector (Lokin's too... platonic to be a romance), Kaliyo and Raina
SW: Pierce and Vette
Sorc: It has to be Ashara and Andronikus
Bounty Hunter: Mako and Torian, same as above
Pierce? Wouldn't he just do the same thing he does with the FemWarrior? I'd say Quinn's more likely. (At least I'd hope it'd be Quinn that would be enough to get me to play a male SW. I love my female SW too much right now).

As for Andronkius... ;_; my poor SI surrounded by crazies.

Tatile
09.26.2012 , 02:34 PM | #1726
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
Pierce? Wouldn't he just do the same thing he does with the FemWarrior? I'd say Quinn's more likely. (At least I'd hope it'd be Quinn that would be enough to get me to play a male SW. I love my female SW too much right now).

As for Andronkius... ;_; my poor SI surrounded by crazies.
Yeah, but no one likes Quinn. Pierce's romance just feels rushed and half-arsed, making me wonder if it was actually intended when they made the character or if they'd originally intended him to be a male only romance.

MoogleNut
09.26.2012 , 02:43 PM | #1727
Arrrgh! How could I forget Risha?! - Probably because I've tried to avoid playing my Smuggler as much as my soon-to-be born Jedi Knight. Can't really comment on Ashara - haven't met her
I did buy the blue and cream-coloured legacy set (the legacy 20 one) for my smuggler - and damn it looks good on her

So, yup, add Risha to my list.

Funnily enough I don't mind re-rolling. As soon as I knew sgras weren't arriving for a while, I made the decision to play anyway - using the character's I've already created as a practice run - much the same as I do with my favourite single-player games. I got a good feel for the mechanics and story, as well as a little pvp action - enough to have fun but not so much that I'd be giving up a boat-load of gear. Thanks to the character slot increase, I'll be able to keep some for the gtn/storage/making fast credits with space missions etc
Then as soon as we get the go-ahead, I'll be making my 'true' characters and really commit - to pvp, maybe some flashpoints too.

Obviously that's just me, it would be perfect for those not wanting to re-roll to be able to either re-set the companion conversations or have the romance be able to start from wherever they already are story-wise.

Uluain
09.26.2012 , 02:52 PM | #1728
Okay, limiting my list at this point to classes where I play a male toon. I will only be addressing male companions.

Bounty Hunter - Torian. Obviously.
Trooper - Aric, of course. I might have to reroll my trooper as Cathar for that.
Inquisitor - Andronikos. Sorry Talos, I imagine you do swing from my side of the tree but...
Consular - Zenith. Not enough male Twi'lek dancers in the game. This would be a start.
Smuggler - Corso, naturally. I also think Bowdaar would be funny. Inappropriate, unlikely, but funny.

ganondorq
09.26.2012 , 02:54 PM | #1729
my main intrest is kira. i was very intrested in vette... but after completing all of her quests, we have an almost sisterly bond, and idk how i feel about changing that. nadia grell is my second intrest, i haven't actually met her ye as i've i've never had a consular high enough. anyway, somethign else i would like to see with this, is the option to turn down opposite gender flirts by your other companions by letting them know you're not intrested in men. some of the options for turning people down are... a little harsh...

Meglivorn
09.26.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1730
I actually haven't start my jedi knight becouse I really want to make her up with Kira.
My main is a consular (and twin of the planned knight) but I don't know if i'd set her up with Nadia. She seems too naive, and comes in way too late.
"Many weapons can kill, but only the lightsaber can inspire such extremes of hope or fear."