Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Oggthebase
09.24.2012 , 08:35 AM | #1641
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
LOL @ "No, you kiss me."

Thanks for the smile. Ixum.

And just so that we're ready if we do get company, here's the list of Things We Want To Know But Don't:

• Are we still on track to see same-gender romantic content in game this year?
  • Will any current companions be available for same-gender romance? If so, which?
  • If current companions are made avaialble, will the new romantic content be available to players who have already completed existing story content with their companions without needing to roll a new character?
  • Will same-gender content require and additional purchase, such as a legacy unlock, in-game credit expense or real-world currency through the Cartel shop?
  • Will we ever see same-gender content beyond companion characters as [Flirt] prompts with various world or class story mission NPCs, such as currently exist as opposite-gender options?
I can't find the interview with Daniel Erikson, but I'm pretty sure he said that there won't be any change to existing companions when same gender romantic content is added (it was during that interview when he said "this year" "before the end of the year", "this year" etc... in all of his answers), so that would be for future content only.

And since then he's left Bioware, so I'm even less sure when this feature will be released, if ever.

All in all, I would not hold my breath for same gender relationship.

Uluain
09.24.2012 , 08:56 AM | #1642
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
I can't find the interview with Daniel Erikson, but I'm pretty sure he said that there won't be any change to existing companions when same gender romantic content is added (it was during that interview when he said "this year" "before the end of the year", "this year" etc... in all of his answers), so that would be for future content only.
That's why I asked the current Lead Writer, Hall Hood, for an update.

And the comments from Daniel Erickson were at the developer panel on the last day of the Guild Summit last March. What he said was they are not re-using existing dialog for opposite-gender romances already in-game with a few pronoun switches. It's new dialog. His comments then addressed the companions we know, that not all will be SGR-unlocked, but only the ones that "make sense", and that they have known who those were from the beginning.

Latest word was stated in very uncertain terms by Gabe Amatangelo linking SGRs to Makeb – but as the PvP guy, he admitted he is as far from the Story end of the game as can be, and his information is of the watercooler variety. Nonetheless, it would seem that SGRs are at least in the chute for what they hope to bring out some time in the next while – but there is no telling just how long a while that will be,

natashina
09.24.2012 , 09:16 AM | #1643
This is from the gamefront.com article regarding Daniel Erickson:

Quote:
"As of this writing, Erickson’s profile still includes the blurb about seeking new opportunities. Of course, just because it appears on an Internet social network doesn’t mean Erickson is actually leaving BioWare after his seven-year tenure there."
Until I find an article that says that Erickson has left Bioware for sure, I believe he's still with the company.

This is the full article from Gamefront.

Uluain
09.25.2012 , 01:58 AM | #1644
So, curiouser and curioser...

It seems the video interview with Gabe Amatangelo where he mention SGRs in relation to Makeb has been pulled from YouTube, and I am not having any luck tracking it down elsewhere. Perhaps a case of failure to get approval for the news before he leaked it? Yes, I know – I am reading a lot into this.

Started a thread on that interview particularly on General Discussion. Probably won't last, but at least it gets the issue out where people will see it.

(And I know, community team – I am being naughty, but I will gladly stop misbehaving if we could actually get some information here.)

Palar
09.25.2012 , 03:14 AM | #1645
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s

Seems intact. Still, it's pretty shameful it's all we've got to go on, after a year.

Tatile
09.25.2012 , 03:29 AM | #1646
Found some pictures that reflect how I feel the game currently is with regards to SGRA's.

We accept LGB players, we just don't think they should be represented in our games.

With Bioware consistently refusing to address this topic and general wider concerns about it, it's getting harder and harder to believe they're still an LGB friendly company.

natashina
09.25.2012 , 03:51 AM | #1647
I just tweeted this to Hall Hood:

Quote:
@hallhood Please give any real update to SGR content other than soon! Posters feel BioWare doesn't care the slightest for the LGBT players.

I'm a housewife with nothing but free time on my hands Bioware....

and I'm going to keep tweeting until something gets done.

NRVNQSR
09.25.2012 , 04:23 AM | #1648
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

Hah, I looked for the FB 'like' button for a second there ^^

Palar
09.25.2012 , 04:49 AM | #1649
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post

Don't ruin their nap, though. That'd just be rude.

natashina
09.25.2012 , 05:01 AM | #1650
Then I guess I will be going, "Wakey wakey!" Just sent him another tweet. It isn't much, I know, but I did request this time that he at least read the SGR thread and post something in here so people know the devs are listening. For now, it seems like lip-service that the mods are forced to say that the devs are paying attention to this thread(and yes, I mentioned that in a second tweet as well.)

Again, Bioware, I have all night and I'm an insomniac to boot.....