Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sapho
06.28.2012 , 05:42 AM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by wispr View Post
i got two things coming that i' so looking forward to... Sgr's this year and hopefully soon cathar as playable race. I can just imagine my female cather sw with her face all scrunched up in ecstasy as vette scratches her under her chin while saying, "my aren't you the cutest little sith lord i've ever seen!"
Now that is hawt!!

Zandilar
06.28.2012 , 06:10 AM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
Bioware, i personally wouldnt mind if you put this on the back burner. There are alot of issues that would come before this in my opinion. Infact, im not sure we realy need clarification. Just as long as its "Coming Soon" im happy.
This issue is making it difficult for some of us to play our characters in the manner in which we would like. I've kind of resigned myself to hoping that Bioware is wise enough to allow capped PCs to romance existing companions while at level 50.

I am currently content with SWTOR, but if MoP hits the shelves before SGRA go in SWTOR, I'll be putting SWTOR on the back burner (and by that, I mean cancelling my account until it happens).
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

MusedMoose
06.28.2012 , 06:11 AM | #153
Quote: Originally Posted by bluegem View Post
Hmm.... I also would not mind this but if you really want same gender romance become a girl so you can romance a male companion and become a boy if you want to romance a girl companion. Is it that hard?
With all due respect, I think you've missed the point entirely. Romancing someone as the opposite gender is not, at all, same-gender romance. Have I misunderstood what you're trying to say, or... what?

Raiellyn
06.28.2012 , 06:20 AM | #154
Hmm.... I also would not mind this but if you really want same gender romance become a girl so you can romance a male companion and become a boy if you want to romance a girl companion. Is it that hard?
"If you want same-gender romance, just be different genders, silly!"

Just...
"It's a bad day for heroes."

Tatile
06.28.2012 , 06:35 AM | #155
That's not a same gender romance. Those are heterosexual romances. Simply because the player is one or other gender does not magically make a heterosexual romance homosexual. I dare say you've missed the point of this somewhat.

Sapho
06.28.2012 , 06:53 AM | #156
For me, playing RPMMO means being involved in my character development and wanting to relate to my character as much as possible. Playing a male character to romance my female companion does not do it for me. It is kinda like getting only that crap ***- peanutty goo taffy wrapped in orange and black wax paper for Halloween. Yes it is candy, but it still sucks.

bluegem
06.28.2012 , 09:24 AM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by MusedMoose View Post
With all due respect, I think you've missed the point entirely. Romancing someone as the opposite gender is not, at all, same-gender romance. Have I misunderstood what you're trying to say, or... what?
Well I think I am missing the point. Sorry guys if I offended anyone. The problem with EA is that they dont listen to their players. They do whatever they think is easiest and makes the most money. They would have to change the storyline a lot for same gender romances. But its nothing they can't do? I doubt. The demand is getting rather high. So I would possibly expect same gender relationships along with Cathar species. Sorry again for any offense or commotion I caused. Now, you have my full support. And I fully understand. How you feel about how it represents yourself. I support this topic and I hope you get same gender relationships in the near future.

Bluegem

Sapho
06.28.2012 , 09:31 AM | #158
Well I think I am missing the point. Sorry guys if I offended anyone. The problem with EA is that they dont listen to their players. They do whatever they think is easiest and makes the most money. They would have to change the storyline a lot for same gender romances. But its nothing they can't do? I doubt. The demand is getting rather high. So I would possibly expect same gender relationships along with Cathar species. Sorry again for any offense or commotion I caused. Now, you have my full support. And I fully understand. How you feel about how it represents yourself. I support this topic and I hope you get same gender relationships in the near future.

Bluegem
No offense taken by me. Civil discussion and hearing others opinions is the best way to understand one another. Glad you joined the discussion and glad to have your support for SGR.

stuffystuffs
06.28.2012 , 09:35 AM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
It is kinda like getting only that crap ***- peanutty goo taffy wrapped in orange and black wax paper for Halloween. Yes it is candy, but it still sucks.
Best analogy ever, lol.

Captain_Zone
06.28.2012 , 09:51 AM | #160
Quote: Originally Posted by Wispr View Post
I got two things coming that I' so looking forward to... SGR's this year and hopefully soon Cathar as playable race. I can just imagine my female Cather SW with her face all scrunched up in ecstasy as Vette scratches her under her chin while saying, "My aren't you the cutest little Sith Lord I've ever seen!"
I'll be in my bunk.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"