Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

THorsblood
09.20.2012 , 01:16 AM | #1531
Yep that was the one i was referring to!
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

MayaNite
09.20.2012 , 07:44 AM | #1532
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...n-to-GaymerCon

Seems this would be an ideal venue for an announcement. Or at the very least, it's a sure sign that this kind of thing is on EA's agenda.

BumpBump
09.20.2012 , 09:43 AM | #1533
Quote: Originally Posted by MayaNite View Post
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...n-to-GaymerCon

Seems this would be an ideal venue for an announcement. Or at the very least, it's a sure sign that this kind of thing is on EA's agenda.
Seems that way but all we will get is "coming soon"

BumpBump
09.20.2012 , 09:45 AM | #1534
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
Off-topic, but a funny story I wanted to share with everyone. So last night, I was working on my Commando. He's in Coruscant atm, and I usually tune out any general chat while I'm questing. Anyhow, I was crafting in the Outlaw's Den when I noticed someone trying to troll in chat. It wasn't even good trolling, but rather sad. Amused, I took a minute to read. When no one responded to his/hers comments, they remarked that it was a sad thing that there was no real drama in ToR. They had tried the same thing on the Imp side, and got the same results. At least it was all spelled correctly.

It said a lot to me about the level of maturity and dignity players in this game try to maintain in the light of such trolling.

Someone's sig on mmo-champ summed it up for me(edited slightly for language):

Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a crap on the board and strut around like he won the whole darn thing.
Which has nothing at all to do with EAWare still not giving us SGR's, talking about SGR's or acting like we exist at all other than to delete posts on the subject in any other section of the forums.

AlixMV
09.20.2012 , 10:47 AM | #1535
Quote: Originally Posted by MIkeBear View Post
I'm just PRAYING that Bioware does include same gender relationships in Dragon Age 3: Inquisition. After how amazingly same sex friendly ME3 was, I would have thought for sure DA3 would, but after the lack of it or communication about it now I'm worried.
Given that same sex relationships have been a part of the Dragon Age franchise since Origins and David Gaider's vocal defense of all the DA2 LIs being available to either gender of Hawke...why in the world would you be worried that they won't be included in DA3? I'd be completely floored if they're not.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

Tatile
09.20.2012 , 11:26 AM | #1536
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
Given that same sex relationships have been a part of the Dragon Age franchise since Origins and David Gaider's vocal defense of all the DA2 LIs being available to either gender of Hawke...why in the world would you be worried that they won't be included in DA3? I'd be completely floored if they're not.
Possibly because with this game not having them in (as of yet) Bioware could be setting a worrying precedent? SGRA's in DA3... as a DLC you have to pay for.

natashina
09.20.2012 , 11:37 AM | #1537
Quote: Originally Posted by BumpBump View Post
Which has nothing at all to do with EAWare still not giving us SGR's, talking about SGR's or acting like we exist at all other than to delete posts on the subject in any other section of the forums.
I assure you I meant no offense, I was merely sharing a funny story, which is why I listed it as offtopic.

If you check the overwhelming majority of my post history, they are about SGRAs, ideas on implementation, possible companions, ect. I also wrote(with help from several other posters) the SGR FAQ. It's saved as a document on my computer and it will get posted with the updates(such as Uluain's list from a couple of pages back) when the thread is locked and restarted. So I do take this quite seriously. However, I enjoy sharing the occasional off-topic funny story.

I don't argue at all about the handling of the SGRA information by the part of EA/BW devs and/or marketing heads. Poor is a serious understatement for the lack of information given to the mods and customer reps, but the word works in light of some of the more...offensive and strong language I use IRL. It is bad and uncalled for, without a doubt. The silence is getting to be rather insulting to many posters, including myself.

AlixMV
09.20.2012 , 11:59 AM | #1538
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Possibly because with this game not having them in (as of yet) Bioware could be setting a worrying precedent? SGRA's in DA3... as a DLC you have to pay for.
SWTOR != Dragon Age. Dragon Age is an established franchise with a track record of s/s Romances run out of the Edmonton office. SWTOR is a 'new' franchise being run out of Austin.

I think trying to say because they weren't included from the start into SWTOR (which has, if I've heard correctly, outside influences going on that are not Bioware/EA, but LucasArts) that they'd remove it from Dragon Age is...stretching it. Especially, as another commenter noted, that they just put them more fully into the Mass Effect franchise.
~ Jedi Covenant ~ (formerly Kass City & Canderous Ordo)
Sollyni ~ Brixyl ~ Jynnifyr / Serateh ~ Ydris

BumpBump
09.20.2012 , 12:02 PM | #1539
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
I assure you I meant no offense, I was merely sharing a funny story, which is why I listed it as offtopic.
I don't argue at all about the handling of the SGRA information by the part of EA/BW devs and/or marketing heads. Poor is a serious understatement for the lack of information given to the mods and customer reps, but the word works in light of some of the more...offensive and strong language I use IRL. It is bad and uncalled for, without a doubt. The silence is getting to be rather insulting to many posters, including myself.
Insulting was when they decided to separate romance options into straight/sgr before release. Since then it has evolved into disdainful and contemptuous.

Tatile
09.20.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1540
Quote: Originally Posted by AlixMV View Post
SWTOR != Dragon Age. Dragon Age is an established franchise with a track record of s/s Romances run out of the Edmonton office. SWTOR is a 'new' franchise being run out of Austin.

I think trying to say because they weren't included from the start into SWTOR (which has, if I've heard correctly, outside influences going on that are not Bioware/EA, but LucasArts) that they'd remove it from Dragon Age is...stretching it. Especially, as another commenter noted, that they just put them more fully into the Mass Effect franchise.
This is my first Bioware game and I know very little about how the company itself is set up, I was unaware that there were different offices working (seemingly) wholly independent of one another and I apologise for the offense my ignorance of the subject has caused.

I was referencing same-sex romances to the ME3 ending debacle and how Bioware later released the extended story in a DLC patch (my husband plays ME3 as well as other games) and that if this game (SWTOR) releases same-sex romances as part of content one has to pay extra for (via the cash shop) then that might herald a worrying among players that such a thing would carry on into other games created by the company (whether this worry if justified or not). However you've noted that the offices are independent of each other so whatever happens to on game cannot affect another, so DA3 players can be expected to get their full story lines and options.