Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

natashina
09.19.2012 , 08:54 PM | #1521
There has been a lot of questions from the newcomers in the thread, so I wanted to tell you guys to check out my SGR FAQ linked in my signature. Many of those questions can be answered there and I'll update it when we get some new information.

Here's the part of the FAQ regarding "herosexuality:"

Quote: Originally Posted by Natashina
11)Is this going to be like DA2?(aka everyone is bi/"herosexuality")

The developers, at the Guild Summit, stated that they have known from the beginning who was going to be available for SGRs. No more information has been given at the time of this writing, so we enjoy speculating about whom may be available when the SGR patch drops.
Sorry for the lack of information, but that's all I have at this time.

I also wanted to say to the new posters thanks for coming in and showing your support! The more posters that come in, the better chance we have of getting our voice heard. The silence on the part of the devs been frustrating, but the community of players in this thread has been great.

natashina
09.19.2012 , 09:14 PM | #1522
Off-topic, but a funny story I wanted to share with everyone. So last night, I was working on my Commando. He's in Coruscant atm, and I usually tune out any general chat while I'm questing. Anyhow, I was crafting in the Outlaw's Den when I noticed someone trying to troll in chat. It wasn't even good trolling, but rather sad. Amused, I took a minute to read. When no one responded to his/hers comments, they remarked that it was a sad thing that there was no real drama in ToR. They had tried the same thing on the Imp side, and got the same results. At least it was all spelled correctly.

It said a lot to me about the level of maturity and dignity players in this game try to maintain in the light of such trolling.

Someone's sig on mmo-champ summed it up for me(edited slightly for language):

Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a crap on the board and strut around like he won the whole darn thing.

Uluain
09.19.2012 , 09:32 PM | #1523
Quote: Originally Posted by lovekira View Post
I really hope they haven't forgotten about it or scrapped it.
I guarantee you that there is no earthly way that they have forgotten about it, as I go to the trouble to remind them frequently. As far as scrapped, I doubt it. If they had, I am confident they would have said something along the lines of last September's announcement, leaning a little more towards "this is something we hope to revisit in the future, but at this time we don't have the resources to commit." Not quite "it's been scrapped" but more "it's been pitched into developer hell and may never see the light of day again".

Now, a lot of people are feeling that is actually where things are, but from what I have personally been told by the Community Team, and the terms in which it was stated, I am fairly certain that this is very much in the works, but they are not at liberty to talk about it.

That's pretty much the best case scenario, though a better one would be the Shadowy PR Overlords getting smote with a cosmic 2x4 and realizing that the gag rule is hurting much more than it is helping. Experience teaches me, however, that it is far easier to make a policy without thinking through the actual ramifications than it is to change a policy once it has taken root and become The Way We Do This, so I am not holding my breath.

Instead, I try to keep people up with what little we do know and otherwise make caustic but I hope useful criticisms.

Uluain
09.19.2012 , 09:37 PM | #1524
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
So last night, I was crafting in the Outlaw's Den when I noticed someone trying to troll in chat. It wasn't even good trolling, but rather sad. Amused, I took a minute to read. When no one responded to his/hers comments, they remarked that it was a sad thing that there was no real drama in ToR. They had tried the same thing on the Imp side, and got the same results. At least it was all spelled correctly.

It said a lot to me about the level of maturity and dignity players in this game try to maintain in the light of such trolling.
What server do you play on, Natashina? And what flavor is it (PvP, PvE, RP)? I always roll on RP servers because I do in fact roleplay, but also because I find the trolling much less prevalent. I have only ever seen phobic trolling on SWTOR once.

natashina
09.19.2012 , 09:37 PM | #1525
I have updated the FAQ with Uluain's list of questions(it'll be at the bottom before the closing statement.) I felt that his list covered many of the questions posters have been asking about for about a year now. I'll repost it when the thread is locked(it'll be at ~2000 posts from what I have been told,) and restarted. I'm really hoping for some more solid information by that point. I doubt it, but I'd like to think that could happen.

natashina
09.19.2012 , 09:39 PM | #1526
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
What server do you play on, Natashina? And what flavor is it (PvP, PvE, RP)? I always roll on RP servers because I do in fact roleplay, but also because I find the trolling much less prevalent. I have only ever seen phobic trolling on SWTOR once.
I'm on The Shadowlands now, PvE NA server. I haven't been playing quite as much on my 50 jugg(renamed to Natashina after the merge,) but look for the Legacy name Starsyn and really weird hours. At this point you'll probably find me on either K'ain(Commando) or Tynesa(Sniper.)

I have thought about rolling up a toon on your server for fun.

I'm an old-school D&D nerd, so I love a good rp session as well. I started when I was 8 and I'm turning 33 this weekend, so you can tell how much passion I have for it. That's part of the reason why I'm looking forward to SGRs so much. It can really open some cool opportunities for roleplay.

Ixum
09.20.2012 , 12:51 AM | #1527
That leak by GA is getting my hopes up <3
The Male Eyecandy thread!

Game of Ixum @ TUMBLR

Toyboy | Splashy | Thrilldrill | Spray | Lustus | Zwallow | Virilo | Hotgun of Nano @ TOFN
Fappo Red Arcadia EU @ The Progenitor

Uluain
09.20.2012 , 12:59 AM | #1528
Quote: Originally Posted by Ixum View Post
That leak by GA is getting my hopes up <3
Could you be more specific? Which leak by whom?

THorsblood
09.20.2012 , 01:04 AM | #1529
1 sec i think i know what one, it was posted earlier (idk if its a page or 10 its been 3 days since i'v checked this thread lol) or i could be wrong, that would be nice, more stuff to read!
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow

Uluain
09.20.2012 , 01:15 AM | #1530
Quote: Originally Posted by THorsblood View Post
1 sec i think i know what one, it was posted earlier (idk if its a page or 10 its been 3 days since i'v checked this thread lol) or i could be wrong, that would be nice, more stuff to read!
I seem to have found it:

Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but there is a video interview with gabe amatangelo! some very intresting info! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s. now... it's deffinetly NOT certainty at all.. but it gives some small glimmer of hope <3!