Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Wispr
09.12.2012 , 02:27 AM | #1331
I so bloody hope he's right and big thanks for both finding that and posting the link!

Skorz
09.12.2012 , 03:27 AM | #1332
I wouldn't hold my breath for SGR's because to me it seems like they threw the story pillar out of the window with the F2P model. Sure there will be Makeb but after that? and what about class stories? Doesn't look so good.

Sorry for being so pessimistic

Rayla_Felana
09.12.2012 , 03:35 AM | #1333
Gabe just became my new favourite Dev, despite the fact he works on one of my least enjoyable areas of the game. :P

Tatile
09.12.2012 , 03:44 AM | #1334
Quote: Originally Posted by Skorz View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath for SGR's because to me it seems like they threw the story pillar out of the window with the F2P model. Sure there will be Makeb but after that? and what about class stories? Doesn't look so good.

Sorry for being so pessimistic
Considering Makeb isn't class stories, any same-sex content wrapped up with is most likely just going to be the usual NPC [Flirt] options, rather than anything lasting and interesting with companions. The only companion they've advertised is HK-51, so they aren't going to have any with Makeb - if they do bring companions with Makeb, I'd be very surprised.

Uluain
09.12.2012 , 03:58 AM | #1335
Quote: Originally Posted by natashina View Post
After a several month absence, I've just reactivated my account tonight. It's been really nice to read this thread and see is still going. That people are still passionate about SGRs even today. That kind of enthusiasm is contagious and awesome to see!

I will say this: Everything I said in my FAQ I stand by and it may get updated here soon. I have the document as it is seen on my link saved onto my computer. If you are curious about my FAQ, please check out the link in my signature.
Welcome back!

The only news we have had since the guild summit is this new maybe-snippet regarding Makeb. But we have been told that in spite of all changes since, the two statements we have still stand, that is SGRs are still on the way and they still hope to get us something this year.

And your FAQ is linked to in the sigs of many of our regulars here, so it has by no means been lost or forgotten.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Considering Makeb isn't class stories, any same-sex content wrapped up with is most likely just going to be the usual NPC [Flirt] options, rather than anything lasting and interesting with companions. The only companion they've advertised is HK-51, so they aren't going to have any with Makeb - if they do bring companions with Makeb, I'd be very surprised.
Makeb ties in to all class stories, without advancing them individually. So, other than HK-51, I don't see any new companions coming from it. So, if there is SGR content with Makeb, then that would be with the companions we already know (yay!). I find same-gender [Flirt] prompts less likely, not that they wouldn't be welcome. But again, waiting until 50/Makeb to even be able to [Flirt] would be unfortunate.

The "maybe?" factor is here, yes. But think that it does tally with what we know: next slice of any story content is coming with Makeb and, so far as we have not been told otherwise for all of our clamorous cage-rattling, SGRs are still slated for this year, it is indeed a hopeful sign. Now, if someone from the Writing Team (Mr. Hall Hood, I am looking at you) would give us a yea or nay, that would of course be more definite.

Palar
09.12.2012 , 04:05 AM | #1336
He also called Makeb "the next update", so it's back to waiting for Left Hand to meet Right Hand and ask "sup?"

Uluain
09.12.2012 , 04:17 AM | #1337
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
He also called Makeb "the next update", so it's back to waiting for Left Hand to meet Right Hand and ask "sup?"
People can't agree what "content" means. He may mean the next update with PvP content, which would be the next warzone, or he may just not know how this stuff is being bundled.

What he does seem certain of on this that SGRs are happening, the material is being worked on to the extent that he knows they are talking about how to include it. Set the details of how and when aside because that's what he admits he doesn't know. He seems not to be in doubt that SGRs are there in the chute waiting to make it into the game.

losdia
09.12.2012 , 04:20 AM | #1338
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
1.4 Is in open beta now, to most of the devs that means they're done with it. I would assume he at least heard about SGR at some meeting of team leaders where they were outlining goals for the next update.

On another point, I hope he doesn't get fired for leaking information it seems like BW really didn't want out there. That would be very uncool of EA/BW.
"Say, Mike... Did we just do something horribly wrong?"
"Yeah, I think so."
-MST3K, Invasion USA

JediMB
09.12.2012 , 04:55 AM | #1339
Quote: Originally Posted by ganondorq View Post
i don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but there is a video interview with gabe amatangelo! some very intresting info! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tt49...tu.be&t=10m49s. now... it's deffinetly NOT certainty at all.. but it gives some small glimmer of hope <3!
Good news, everyone!

I hope this is accurate.

And, um... Makeb is the next scheduled update, after 1.4, right? Which, if content every six weeks is accurate, would place it in the first half of November? Or maybe F2P and Cathar in November, and Makeb near the end of December?
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

bassact
09.12.2012 , 05:10 AM | #1340
I don't know why they have to wait for Makeb to add SGRAs with existing companions, but if this is true I'm just glad they're finally getting around to it.
Once you travel down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny

(Once you go black, you never go back)