Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
06.21.2012 , 07:09 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Too true! The only biologically female companion that the player can't bang is the companion that the player can choose to avoid recruiting.

I doubt we'll ever see an exclusively gay female companion. Lady companions are, by all evidence to date, designed to be accessible to all.
Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
and what do you think about the male version, oh wise one?
Male version of what? A non-romanceable companion? Because we already have something like twenty-six of those. Ooh, or a male all-access companion? I wouldn't say no.

Some entirely new companion blood for this endeavor would be nice...but it's going to be hard, balancing new companions plus romance for existing companions for all eight classes, isn't it. That'd be a huge burden. Boo.

Quote: Originally Posted by amnie View Post
btw, I was under the impression that they got rid of the choice to .not. recruit someone... back in beta *scratches head*
I should've been more clear, I was referring to LS Jaesa. She is the only biological woman the player isn't entitled to sleep with, but if the player builds the Warrior right s/he can avoid that terrible fate and snag DS Jaesa instead. DS and LS Jaesas are the only avoidable companions in the game, but you do have to pick up one of 'em.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

stuffystuffs
06.21.2012 , 08:23 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
I doubt we'll ever see an exclusively gay female companion. Lady companions are, by all evidence to date, designed to be accessible to all.
All males, you mean.

I don't see them adding in a SGRA path for every female in the game so they will never all be romanceable by females.
Node guarder

Ohmygah
06.21.2012 , 06:08 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
It's changed, apparently.

The latest word is that some SGRA content will be added this year in a story content patch and it will be with existing companions that they had always intended to be SGRA capable (but they didn't have time to implement it).
I keep hearing this, but I've yet to see an actual source. Do you have one?

MusedMoose
06.21.2012 , 06:54 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
All males, you mean.

I don't see them adding in a SGRA path for every female in the game so they will never all be romanceable by females.
Why wouldn't they? After how upset people were when SGRs weren't going to be in the game at launch, I think BioWare knows how upset their fans will get if they don't give SGRs the same treatment as OGRs. Five out of the eight classes have only one female companion, so hopefully BioWare won't screw any female PCs out of SGRs by not making all female companions available for SGRs. For the Smuggler, SW, and IA, it's possible that one female companion but not both will be an SGR option, but obviously, we don't know.

I have enough faith in BioWare to think we'll see each class having at least one female and one male SGR option. I'll be very, very disappointed in them if there are any classes that lack these options, because that's just not fair.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ohmygah View Post
Been meaning to post to correct this misconception. As far as I know, BioWare has never stated which companions will or won't be available for SGRs. What they said at the guild summit (see my post on the first page of this thread for a video link) was that new companion romances would be coming with the story update later this year, and that they would talk more about SGRs when they were done. However, BW also said they knew which companions they wanted to do SGRs for. This implies it'll be with existing companions, as it sounds like they're talking about currently-existing characters. It's not a confirmation, though.

stuffystuffs
06.21.2012 , 06:55 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Ohmygah View Post
Here you go.
Node guarder

zuile
06.23.2012 , 11:19 PM | #126
New female companions in a story update would probably be lesbian imo, because there's already female romance comps for males and it'd be less work that way, on the other hand BW might want all players to experience *everything* about a new comp so they could the "bi" route, they'd have to make new male comps "bi" too then or it'd be sending a bad straight male centric message imo.

I want new comps, give me lesbian Visas Marr for a sith toon yay.
Great and Powerful Trixie best pony.

Rayla_Felana
06.24.2012 , 02:50 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by zuile View Post
New female companions in a story update would probably be lesbian imo, because there's already female romance comps for males and it'd be less work that way, on the other hand BW might want all players to experience *everything* about a new comp so they could the "bi" route, they'd have to make new male comps "bi" too then or it'd be sending a bad straight male centric message imo.

I want new comps, give me lesbian Visas Marr for a sith toon yay.
Problem there is, we have all the original companions straight, the new ones Bisexual....
Where are the Gay and Lesbian characters?

HellbirdIV
06.24.2012 , 03:14 AM | #128
I'd just like to say that I would gladly re-roll my level 47 Bounty Hunter from level 1 if it means I get to romance Mako with her.

Though to be fair, I would be happy to romance Gault instead. He's quite appealing, compared to Blondie Honortard.

Evil_Jashinist
06.24.2012 , 07:24 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by HellbirdIV View Post
Though to be fair, I would be happy to romance Gault instead. He's quite appealing, compared to Blondie Honortard.
THIS, THIS!!! >< Male or female me no care! He's such an awesome character XD

Eleuril
06.24.2012 , 09:13 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
Problem there is, we have all the original companions straight, the new ones Bisexual....
Where are the Gay and Lesbian characters?
There are existing companions who are currently unavailable for opposite-gender romances, despite being what you might call suitable. I would imagine some of those will be your same-sex only options. For example, Talos Drellik is not available to female Sith Inquisitors, despite being human and (seemingly) rather keen on his boss. He's one of the companions I suspect will be SGRA-only when it's patched in.

On the subject of bisexual companions, I think it would be nice to have some who are. I'm not for a moment suggesting that all companions available for SGRA in the future should be, but some representation would be appreciated.