Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
09.10.2012 , 01:07 PM | #1281
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Anyone else notice how long this thread is now?
Yeah, they no longer restart threads that go over 1,000 pages. Either they don't feel it's necessary or they fired the unpaid intern who hit used the copy pasta machine.

Joushigun
09.10.2012 , 01:08 PM | #1282
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Anyone else notice how long this thread is now?
I sometimes think they get rid of posts when we're not looking so that they don't have to create five or six more of these threads.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

rahadnak
09.10.2012 , 01:31 PM | #1283
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
I sometimes think they get rid of posts when we're not looking so that they don't have to create five or six more of these threads.
hahahaha, that's a possibility , I know one of my posts disappeared, but i think it was due to that post being part of some kind of quarrel with a not very friendly visitor. Anyway, I don't know, perhaps they have increased the memory they needed for larger threads or whatever. In any case, considering all its incarnations, this is by far the largest thread i've seen in my life!

theStirge
09.10.2012 , 01:43 PM | #1284
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
2) I don't like the idea of a sexual preference selection both due to it being another form of toggle and because, for example, Doc will hit on anything in a skirt and that's his character. If my JK is a lesbian (she's not, she's bi) that shouldn't change his initial reaction to her. I do think there should be an option to tell him, 'Sorry, I like girls' and have him simply shrug it off and back off respectfully, and thus sexual preferences should be taken into account, but I feel it should be a firmly in-game dialogue-based act.

The key point there is that I think an NPC should back off respectfully, or at least gracefully, unless it runs completely counter to the NPC's character to do so (in which case the dialogue option [Force Diss] may be appropriate). And if they simply can't back down peacefully, well, I don't see any problem with losing rep with that character. A couple of make-nice gifts covers the loss anyway and I don't mind having an NPC I actively don't like (which to me is a sign of good writing) lose affection with me.
In the specific case of Doc, when you tell him you like girls, I think that before he backs off, he should respond that he likes girls with girls, just to really cement in his pig image. Maybe just steal another bit from Firefly: "...I'll be in my bunk."

Although you know who I think would take it the worst would be Corso, who gets ideas above his station pretty much right away and continues to act like he has some sort of claim to you even if you don't pursue a relationship. Creepy stalker guys always have the most trouble getting "I don't like boys, go away" through their heads...

Quote:
5) I would love to see equal numbers of heterosexual and non-heterosexual companions. I frankly don't think it'll happen but I'm entirely willing to be delightfully surprised.
This one is kind of why I'm hoping that they do in fact add new companions. Yes, Kira and Vette need to wake up and realize their love for my characters, but also it would be nice to have some companions who are only available for same-gender romance, to go with the ones who are only available for het romance and the ones that go either way.

Quote:
8) All romance chains, both OGRAs and SGRAs, should have the option of leading to marriage. It shouldn't be enforced but it should be an option.
Spoiler
The n'Sappho Legacy, The Harbinger
Zel'eena, 55 Combat Sentinel
Eleeta, 55 Medic Operative; Fer'eerra, 55 Lightning Sorcerer
All Chiss, all the time, all day, forever.

stuffystuffs
09.10.2012 , 02:11 PM | #1285
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Yes, Kira and Vette need to wake up and realize their love for my characters,
It's more like, the PC needs to wake up XD

It's possible that certain companions are totally into a SGRA with the PC but the problem is that the PC cannot pursue it...b/c....you can only RP as straight or not interested.
Node guarder

Uluain
09.10.2012 , 02:56 PM | #1286
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
It's more like, the PC needs to wake up XD

It's possible that certain companions are totally into a SGRA with the PC but the problem is that the PC cannot pursue it...b/c....you can only RP as straight or not interested.
I think Corso is just shy. He'll bring it up some day.

Joushigun
09.10.2012 , 03:32 PM | #1287
Spoiler
Spoiler
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Kioma
09.10.2012 , 03:43 PM | #1288
Spoiler
Spoiler
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

chuixupu
09.10.2012 , 04:05 PM | #1289
About Voss:

Spoiler
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AelixVII
09.10.2012 , 04:51 PM | #1290
I hope they implement this soon, my dream of romancing Vector the bug man with a male Cathar is slowly fading...

In all seriousness I am thinking of doing this lol.