Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

chuixupu
09.09.2012 , 12:10 PM | #1241
Quote: Originally Posted by Joushigun View Post
BTW....with regards to Kaliyo and companions that show an intent for SGR....You can give courting objects to certain companions even if you are the same gender as them. Kaliyo doesn't like the courting objects if they come from a woman, but Temple does. Jaesa as well.
Just FYI, Kaliyo doesn't take courting gifts from men either. Not even in a relationship. She just doesn't like that kind of stuff, lol.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 12:21 PM | #1242
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Just FYI, Kaliyo doesn't take courting gifts from men either. Not even in a relationship. She just doesn't like that kind of stuff, lol.
Well, I've never played a male toon before...I still thought it was wonderful that I could 'court' Jaesa even if she wouldn't be 'dating' my Warrior.

Re: Swapping Out Companions-

I'm glad that the idea is a good one. I would love it if they were doing that, but understand if they can't due to time/cost.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Uluain
09.09.2012 , 12:36 PM | #1243
Courting gifts seem not necessarily tied to romance. Some companions like them regardless of who gives them, some don't. I do know that romance can change how companions feel about different kinds of gifts, but only in theory, as I am of course waiting for the romances which interest me.

DarthRamette
09.09.2012 , 02:14 PM | #1244
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Who is making demands? Not us.

There has been one thread, begun on Jan. 17. When others have been started elsewhere to ask about this content, they are closed and re-directed here. And waiting is what we're doing. Discussing how it might be implemented, what we want to see, what we don't want to see, and so on.

What makes you interpret any of that as a demand? Do you go and yell at people asking about paid server transfers or chat bubbles? They are far more demanding than we. Most of what we are asking for is improved communication or clarification of whether internal changes at BioWare have affected the projected time frame for this project.

Companion stories are - surprise - actual game play. It is not my fault that content locusts who spacebar their way to level 50 endgame discover a new MMO is thin on endgame and thus have nothing to do. It certainly shouldn't delay the implementation of content which the developers freely admit was in its original conception intended for inclusion at launch.

It is integral to the game. It will take the time it takes, and that's fine. No one is saying otherwise. But it is no more nor less important than any other new content anyone else is looking forward to. What is wrong with looking forward to something we'll enjoy?

TL;DR -- Get back under your bridge.
This isn't the first thread with the name of this, there has been at least two others that they had to close and restart that I have seen so far, so yea there has been more then one. I said, some not all, have been very impatient with BW and the implementation of SGR . I guess you didn't read the some, not all part of my post. Those people who space bar to 50 are lame for not enjoying the story, I am not one of those. Original conception and release are two different things and they said they had planned it but it didn't happen. Alot didn't happen at release, this was one of the things. Not like this was left out on purpose.

I do think new content is more important then SGR, while a feature, for the vast game what would it add. A few new options to talk to companions, that's it. I rate new content higher, fixing bugs way higher, fixing pvp higher. I don't need to get under a bridge, I am fine where I am. There are more important things that BW need to fix first then add SGR. They should be more forthcoming of an update but perhaps they don't have one as of yet?

Tatile
09.09.2012 , 02:18 PM | #1245
SGR's qualify as Story content, Story content qualifying as content in general.

Uluain
09.09.2012 , 02:31 PM | #1246
This is the sixth incarnation of this thread, which has had a total of about 6200 posts since January. It gets remade because it is the only location on these forums where SGRs may be discussed. I count it as one thread - one topic - that is broken up due to length. It's longevity, as players come and go, is a testimony to the interest in the subject. One thread doesn't seem to be a lot of space to take up on the forums. Search "chat bubbles" for comparison.

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 02:44 PM | #1247
You know, personally, I think that Party Jawas and being able to get an HK-51 companion are just...well, not important. I think they're superfluous to the game. I am not alone in this.

But for some, this is what they want. Just because you don't want something does not mean that it isn't important to put in or important for the game overall.

I don't really like Jawas all that much (their voice annoys me), and I abhorred HK-51 in KOTOR.

To paraphrase Terry Pratchett- personal opinion is not the same as important.
"I am a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife."- Lady Vastra, Doctor Who and the Snowmen

Kioma
09.09.2012 , 03:09 PM | #1248
Quote: Originally Posted by Raiellyn View Post
Now prove it.
<thumbs up> Well said as always, Raiellyn.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

The_Witchfinder
09.09.2012 , 03:35 PM | #1249
I've only recently started perusing this thread as it always seemed a bit daunting, with several incarnations and hundreds of comments. But boy, does my hat go off to you guys who continually come in here and defend this concept to all the over-privileged, basement-dwelling troglodytes who think they know what Bioware should or should not prioritize (it's not important to ME, therefore it is not important AT ALL. ME ME MEEE *vomit*).

That you have the patience and mental disposition is just awe-inspiring.

Joushigun
09.09.2012 , 03:55 PM | #1250
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Witchfinder View Post
I've only recently started perusing this thread as it always seemed a bit daunting, with several incarnations and hundreds of comments. But boy, does my hat go off to you guys who continually come in here and defend this concept to all the over-privileged, basement-dwelling troglodytes who think they know what Bioware should or should not prioritize (it's not important to ME, therefore it is not important AT ALL. ME ME MEEE *vomit*).

That you have the patience and mental disposition is just awe-inspiring.
I only just started in on this too, but this pales in comparison to running a small LGBT oriented news site.