Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

BumpBump
08.30.2012 , 08:35 PM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
Let me just reiterate something that seems to have been forgotten by some here:

SGRAs have been promised for this year. The year is not over yet.
Yes, that's what's known as a lie.

Captain_Zone
08.30.2012 , 08:41 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by BumpBump View Post
Yes, that's what's known as a lie.
Ohboy. You're one of those people who can't see anything beyond your own preconceptions. I feel sorry for you.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Uluain
08.30.2012 , 08:57 PM | #1043
Let me just reiterate something that seems to have been forgotten by some here:

SGRAs have been promised for this year. The year is not over yet. [de-emphasis mine - U]
Forgotten? Not at all. I can also read a calendar. However, recent Developer interviews have said things to the effect of de-emphasizing story content for now, and bringing it out in larger but much more infrequent updates. We don't know whether that means that the story content promised for this year (which same-gender romance was lumped with) has been delayed indefinitely, but it sounds likely.

We don't know. There have been large changes at BioWare Austin since that commitment was made, and large changes in the direction of the game. There are also questions about this content which have never been addressed either of the times we have heard anything definite about it. And that's why this thread is still relevant, why it's still open, and why we still press for an update on the status of same-gender content.

BumpBump
08.30.2012 , 10:34 PM | #1044
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Forgotten? Not at all. I can also read a calendar. However, recent Developer interviews have said things to the effect of de-emphasizing story content for now, and bringing it out in larger but much more infrequent updates. We don't know whether that means that the story content promised for this year (which same-gender romance was lumped with) has been delayed indefinitely, but it sounds likely.

We don't know. There have been large changes at BioWare Austin since that commitment was made, and large changes in the direction of the game. There are also questions about this content which have never been addressed either of the times we have heard anything definite about it. And that's why this thread is still relevant, why it's still open, and why we still press for an update on the status of same-gender content.
How long ago was it that they said "This Year?" How much is left of this year and have they said anything else about it since then?

BumpBump
08.30.2012 , 10:38 PM | #1045
Ohboy. You're one of those people who can't see anything beyond your own preconceptions. I feel sorry for you.
When they don't bring it out this year, I will remind you of this post and laugh at you. I hope you will delete your SWTOR account when they make you look like a fool for trusting them.

Uluain
08.30.2012 , 10:56 PM | #1046
Quote: Originally Posted by BumpBump View Post
How long ago was it that they said "This Year?" How much is left of this year and have they said anything else about it since then?
Exactly six months, next Wednesday. I posted that - and a full quote of the comment - about a page ago. There is roughly 1/3 of a year remaining. Your point?

Did you take into account that the current Development Team have indicated a shift of focus away from new story content? Did you miss where Daniel Erickson said that same-gender romantic content is coming with new story content? Can you see how that might conceivably raise some concerns in regards to a time table?

What are you here for? What is your point other than aggressing the thread?

chuixupu
08.30.2012 , 11:47 PM | #1047
Had there not been a ton of changes, layoffs, walkouts, restructuring, etc.. I would be happy to believe that, but at this point a broken promise wouldn't surprise me. So don't get your hopes up too much. I do believe that if the game gets over this "hump", SGR will make it into the game. It's understandably not one of their top priorities... I could end up being totally surprised, though. We'll see what we get in the next 4 months.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Palar
08.31.2012 , 12:56 AM | #1048
Quote: Originally Posted by Uluain View Post
Edit -- this impression is to some extent softened by the care the Community Team has put into maintaining this thread, and even to the determination made prohibiting requests for same-gender content to be made able to be hidden with a button in preferences. Without ever stepping into an argument, they have moderated this thread now for eight months, and I think that they, at least, are trying to treat this topic and those to whom it's important respectfully. I just want to say that -- they're the ones who have to catch the flak. A thankless task.
I get your sentiment, but I'm not sure 8 months of continually shoving any questions into one thead, and making sure to stay off the Dev Tracker 'radar' with a generic Forum Handle can still be called respectful. "Stay in your box, and hope we eventually poke some breathing holes. "

Uluain
08.31.2012 , 01:11 AM | #1049
I'm not sure how much of that is the Comm Team's call. I have vacillated on that, sometimes becoming more than a little angry about it, but lately the more I look at things the more it seems they are doing all they can actually get away with while working under a pretty serious gag rule. What I will agree with is that whoever's call it is that replies must be indirect or virtually invisible is not helping the matter from our end at all.

I will mention that Joveth and others have invited players to message them with any Community related concerns. Also that we have been known to get replies via private message when other channels have been mute. Food for thought.

alricka
08.31.2012 , 01:59 AM | #1050
I can understand the frustration that could come with the lack of information but we all have to keep in mind one thing - this type of content takes a lot of time. By "this type of content" I don't mean only SGR, I mean everything related to storytelling. In most MMOs they would only have to write the dialogues and do the work on the animations and the cutscenes (assuming there would be cutscenes at all). In this instance, they have to also do a lot of work on the voice over, with a lot of actors. This takes time and money. And let's not forget that they have a lot more things on their plate. Patience is the key.

For what is worth, I do want to have SGR in the game and I have at least one such relationship in mind, assuming they will add it for already recruited and existing companions, but, like I said, this type of content takes time to produce.

I'm not worried about the future of SGR in SWTOR, after all BioWare has done it in many of their previous games. It may come slower than people would like (like almost everything in the game...) but I'm sure it will come sooner or later.