Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

if your new i will help you out

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
if your new i will help you out

Revan-the-knight
06.09.2012 , 02:45 AM | #1
hello there, im gonna keep it short so post in this thread if you are a new player. post a reply with a question and i will do my best to give you a satisfactory answer, or if you just want to drop in and say hi,feel free to do so
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

BlindAsylum
06.09.2012 , 08:07 PM | #2
I'm a Sith Juggernaut. Is armor rating important for them, or should I focus exclusively on strength and endurance? My focus is DPS.

Ellvaan
06.10.2012 , 01:31 AM | #3
Greetings Revan-The-Knight!

We love to see members who are willing to help the community and each other out!

Thank you for taking the time to do so!

Mithros
06.10.2012 , 02:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by BlindAsylum View Post
I'm a Sith Juggernaut. Is armor rating important for them, or should I focus exclusively on strength and endurance? My focus is DPS.
For DPS endurance is secondary to strength. Strength = damage, endurance = HP. Yeah, everyone loves HP, but it is a higher priority for tanks.
Whatever armor you are using should be at least reasonably level-appropriate, however, and heavy. That will give you an armor rating in the neighborhhod of where it should be. It shouldn't be something that you have to consider seperately.

If you are ever at a point where some medium armor is offering so much better stats than the heavy armor that you have, you just aren't keeping up with your armor like you should.

And no, it's not my thread, so if you really just wanted a response from the OP, then feel free to disregard everything that I have said.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

BlindAsylum
06.10.2012 , 10:49 AM | #5
Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I am focusing on heavy armor. I just encountered a situation yesterday where I found some boots with better strength and endurance than what I had, but slightly less armor. I remember a friend once telling me that armor wasn't so important for a DPS warrior in that other big MMO, so I was curious if that was the case in TOR as well.

Mithros
06.10.2012 , 11:06 AM | #6
Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I am focusing on heavy armor. I just encountered a situation yesterday where I found some boots with better strength and endurance than what I had, but slightly less armor. I remember a friend once telling me that armor wasn't so important for a DPS warrior in that other big MMO, so I was curious if that was the case in TOR as well.
If it's 'slightly' less, then no big deal. Gear level is more of a guide than armor value. It should all be 'balanced' to a greater or lesser degree.
As long as you are wearing heavy armor, go with the strength, and if you also get some more endurance (and/or power, crit, surge, or whatever) that is a bonus.
Beta Squadron 157

As long as we remember, it's never really gone.

Revan-the-knight
06.10.2012 , 11:11 AM | #7
in My Experience the juggernaut seems to always work better with Strenght as a secondary stat, however i suggest mixing it around a little bit, heavy Armor is central for them however, and since you only get one lightsaber i would consider keeping it updated with mods if possible, you should try to have items to your level, atmost 5 levels below, And Thanks Mithros for doing my job
Chose a Marauder, Not because they are OP, i chose it because its the closest thing to Revan as you can get, Revanites Unite!

The Vaner Legacy

FlippinFlapJack
06.11.2012 , 09:33 AM | #8
OK, I have 3 questions:

1. WHAT is your name?
2. WHAT is your quest?
3. WHAT is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Only a Sith deals in absolutes. --Obi Wan Kenobi

Revan-the-knight
06.11.2012 , 09:38 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
OK, I have 3 questions:

1. WHAT is your name?
2. WHAT is your quest?
1. Dont know you good enough to tell you, but my mains name on the Darth Malak server is Thanadan
2. My "Quest" is to bring some of the newcomers up to speed
3. Hard to say, cant give a clear answer on that

The Vaner Legacy

Dafpants
06.11.2012 , 08:42 PM | #10
If it's a nice upgrade then don't be afraid to use it; as long as you're not getting hit your armor rating isn't a big deal.
My Trooper was healing just fine in Social (so Light) armour with at-level mods. Was missing a ton of armor rating but Aim and Endurance were all where they should be.
Just remember that a dead dps does no dps; if you start taking a beating or are constantly pulling aggro, get into that Heavy gear.

Quote: Originally Posted by FlippinFlapJack View Post
An African or European swallow?
Duct tape is like The Force; it has a light said and a dark side and it holds the universe together.
While I always try to provide correct and meaningful information I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time.