Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do I use Xalek?

Lodril
06.09.2012 , 02:20 AM | #1
I want to like Xalek, I really do, but he seems to die twice as fast as Khem. As a DPS Sorcerer, I need a tank, and Xalek seems to do more damage than Khem did, but he really takes a beating, and so far every gold-star opponent I've faced has killed him, whereas at least Khem would last out most fights. I've tried equipping him with all the best gear I can find, and still no luck. Is there some trick to Xalek's tanking that I'm missing?

Adwynyth
06.09.2012 , 04:11 AM | #2
1) Are you bubbling him before you send him in, and refreshing the bubble as possible?
2) Are you healing him between bubbles if he needs it? Even as full DPS, we do get a couple heals.
3) Using CC to buy time? Saving Electrocute for when the baddie is about to drop something big or Xalek is in trouble makes sense. It's one of the few CCs to work on Elites.

That's all I can think of right now, but it's been a few weeks since I dusted off my sorcy, so I may be missing something.

Rescue_Bear
06.09.2012 , 05:22 AM | #3
Is he wearing gear that are up to his level ?
Quote:
Only two things are infinite, The universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Einstein
Spoiler

shegoy
06.09.2012 , 05:53 AM | #4
Apart from what's mentioned above have you got full affection with him? if not that is a start. My additional tip if your lvl 50 and have the cash to spend purchase the survivor recruit pvp armor or if you dont have the cash a few bits at a time, for me it turned him into a beast of a tank for most encounters i.e against a vet or elite mob i mostly only needed to pop a hot on him to keep him topped up.

Additionally if your concerned with his survivability against multiple foes and your using CC against the adds ensure you turn off his Aoe damage abilities except for his taunts to avoid him breaking the CC, sometimes we all at some point forget this and things go horribly wrong fast lol
The Watchers In The Dark ( Empire, The Red Eclipse)
EvilPaddy: Sorcerer Healer
Viagrus: Operative Healer
Arsonist: Powertech DPS

Onaga
06.09.2012 , 08:21 AM | #5
Xalek is equal to or better than Khem Val if geared right. Right now, my Khem Val has full Rakata/Columi and has around 20500 health, while Xalek has full Columi and is around 23000 health. The damage reductions are very similar, while Xalek has more Shield/Absorption. I would suggest running Flashpoint HMs and let your group know that you plan to roll on Inquisitor gear, unless there is someone who needs it.

Xalek, while he does not have Consumption like Khem does, seems to generate more threat than Khem due to attack rotations. I also notice that (for some reason), Xalek taunts much more than khem val does, even though cooldowns are the same. The one and only reason I am using Khem Val right now is because he sounds awesome with the War Leaders Helm voice change haha.

Also, I am a DPS Sorc. I don't heal my companions. But I do, however, throw static barrier if needed. I can solo every daily heroic except for End of Torvex with either Khem or Xalek.

Hope this helps!
Onaga
Guild: Torva Nex - Dark Council Member
Class: Sith Sorcerer
Killer of ECNmM, TFBHM, S/VHM, Dreadful Entity, Dreadtooth 10 Stacks, TCYHM

Onaga
06.09.2012 , 08:23 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by shegoy View Post
Apart from what's mentioned above have you got full affection with him? if not that is a start.
I am pretty sure Affection does not affect combat efficiency. I am very sure that it is only for mission and crafting times/success rate.
Onaga
Guild: Torva Nex - Dark Council Member
Class: Sith Sorcerer
Killer of ECNmM, TFBHM, S/VHM, Dreadful Entity, Dreadtooth 10 Stacks, TCYHM