Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dead Server and I'm not transfering?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Dead Server and I'm not transfering?

Ignobull
06.08.2012 , 10:11 PM | #1
If your on a dead server and you do not transfer what happens? The way I see it the population is already small, if people start getting free transfers off of the server the population is only going to get smaller. Will they merge servers? Will they force me to transfer?

Pcolapat
06.08.2012 , 10:29 PM | #2
Eventually they would bring in the wrecking ball and evict you just like the little old lady in the old twilight zone episode. She didn't leave and decided to delete her character instead at the suggestion of Robert Redford (death). A cool episode.
Anything that is done repetitively can be done by a computer. That is why right brained people will eventually rule the world.

Shingara
06.08.2012 , 10:32 PM | #3
i wouldnt be shocked if they used some empty servers as the lvl upto 15 never ending trial servers.
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

Koalachan
06.08.2012 , 10:43 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pcolapat View Post
Eventually they would bring in the wrecking ball and evict you just like the little old lady in the old twilight zone episode. She didn't leave and decided to delete her character instead at the suggestion of Robert Redford (death). A cool episode.
Eventually you'll be the last person on the server and you'll finally have time to read all the books in the Sith Library.

HelinCarnate
06.08.2012 , 10:57 PM | #5
Thats not fair at all. There was time now.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

Ashu-ri
06.08.2012 , 11:12 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by HelinCarnate View Post
Thats not fair at all. There was time now.
I was just gonna say, then his glasses break.

Denki_
06.08.2012 , 11:22 PM | #7
You have been given a chance to move to a server that will have more population than your current server. And you will not take that chance for some reason (pride? laziness? fear of losing your "unique" name? etc.)

Of course you will be left in a "dead-er than dead" server.

Make your choice.
Denki
Alpha Empire Sith Sorcerer The Bastion

"What's the matter, afraid of a little lightning?"

Ignobull
06.08.2012 , 11:29 PM | #8
I'm more worried about my friends that I hope will come back one day then myself, if I leave with a free transfer, and they resub 6 months from now, will I have to reroll on their server... yet again...

Amorl
06.08.2012 , 11:29 PM | #9
I dunno, I've thought of leaving an alt on my dead server just so I can actually have the satisfaction of having the server all to myself. It's a weird thought that we might have dozens of completely empty servers still online but that seems to be where its heading.

Kinda like being allowed to wander about an empty theme park all alone at 2 am.

Eillack
06.08.2012 , 11:31 PM | #10
I guess Bioware telling us things will be going in steps (Tranfers being the first) fell on deaf ears....hmm not sure why I'm surprised...these are the TOR forums after all...