Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Birthright and Legacy Items = useless

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Birthright and Legacy Items = useless

Antissa
06.08.2012 , 02:24 PM | #1
Sorry to make this thread in the general category here but its so major that I feel I have to.

You can have Birthright tokens and legacy tokens for cool looking yellow items you can buy on Coruscant. These items are set at a certain level and is not moddable.

So you can do all the hassle to get this items and mail them to alts then go coruscant to give your alt an item that lasts for a couple of levels only.

I dont understand what the person who made this concept was thinking. The pieces also cost 200 daily tokens also. So much expense and work for hassling around with mailing these items back and forth and so little use for them.

I am sorry Bioware, so far as I can see this is the biggest bummer you made so far. It doesnt make any sense.

1. Make them scaleable with level and so you can turn them back in perhaps for your next alt. Remember SWTOR is a very cool game for an altoholic with the legacy system.

2. Worst case scenario is to make the items at least moddable.

Everybody bump and approve this thread please. Its very annoying for some reason. Mostly because it just doesnt make any sense at all.

Chef_BoyRUdead
06.08.2012 , 02:40 PM | #2
Add into this that most of these items are worse than what the game hands out as quests rewards by the time you are able to use them...

I don't think useless quite covers it.

Antissa
06.08.2012 , 02:54 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Chef_BoyRUdead View Post
Add into this that most of these items are worse than what the game hands out as quests rewards by the time you are able to use them...

Good. I hope Bioware will fix this before 1.3 goes live.

Logisitcs
06.08.2012 , 02:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Antissa View Post
Ya LOL I doubt that

Staalker
06.08.2012 , 02:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Antissa View Post
Heh. I posted this before they ever went live. I posted it when 1.2 was in testing, from my own information gathered on the test server.

And what happened? They released them anyway.

Sadly, the entire Legacy system is rather useless at this point. If you are planning to level a new alt, you can find some useful things in there for a little while, but there aren't many players left who are going to level new alts.

The majority of us want new content, not faster ways to do the existing content.

Worst part is, they are adding these new Legacy Options, and then do an interview where they say they were surprised people made it through the content so quickly. Why make it faster and easier for us to do if you were already shocked we went so fast?

Someone isn't talking to the other guy in the cubicle. This whole thing needs a reset...in my opinion.

GnatB
06.08.2012 , 03:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Chef_BoyRUdead View Post

Funny, I don't remember ever being handed legendary items from quest rewards. And yes, the legacy/birthright items are of "legendary" quality. Quest rewards are typically green, with the occasionaly blue. IIRC the rare "blue" quest rewards will be roughtly equivelent to the lvl 14 legacy items at around lvl 17. the green (more common quest rewards) at ~lvl 19.

If you aren't picking up your legacy stuff by lvl 14 though, and are probably getting ~lvl 12 rewards, you're probably doing something wrong.

As for gear that grows with you? That's one way to destroy crafting. At least custom stuff you have to buy mods since you don't get enough via commendations.

And paying 200 commendations for them? Don't. There are other "free" ways to get them. Crits on discovery missions for sure. (possibly just random additional reward? Think it's crits though)

LupieZero
06.08.2012 , 03:06 PM | #7
Mind, the only experience I have with Legacy items is from the first one you get when you unlock Legacy... but my Sith Warrior found his Warrior's Inheritance Lightsaber quite useful from level 14 to about level 24 when I finally managed to mod his Orange saber enough to be better...

Not everyone has access to the best of everything. For those of us just starting, it's nice to not have to worry about replacing something for 10 or so levels... Now, it WOULD be nice if it scaled, or if I could send that saber to my next alt and have it shift to their main weapon, so it could be used by more than just one of my alts, but meh... It is what it is.

Yomitako
06.08.2012 , 03:09 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Funny, I don't remember ever being handed legendary items from quest rewards. And yes, the legacy/birthright items are of "legendary" quality. Quest rewards are typically green, with the occasionaly blue. IIRC the rare "blue" quest rewards will be roughtly equivelent to the lvl 14 legacy items at around lvl 17. the green (more common quest rewards) at ~lvl 19.

If you aren't picking up your legacy stuff by lvl 14 though, and are probably getting ~lvl 12 rewards, you're probably doing something wrong.

As for gear that grows with you? That's one way to destroy crafting. At least custom stuff you have to buy mods since you don't get enough via commendations.

And paying 200 commendations for them? Don't. There are other "free" ways to get them. Crits on discovery missions for sure. (possibly just random additional reward? Think it's crits though)
I'm not entirely sure if it's crits, but you are indeed correct in picking them up from crafting missions. Yesterday I had Zenith (+5 Underworld Trading Critical I think) run a purple UT mission (Rank 340), and amongst the piled of metals, fabrics and companion gifts, he also managed to get a Birthright Gloves Construction kit. Oh joy. I don't think that these items should necessarily be scaleable, however I would like them to be moddable at least, so as to provide another complete set of gear to customize your appearance.

Plumz
06.08.2012 , 03:15 PM | #9
Nah. Legacy is not usless, it is just missing 1 important component, key component that will make it all together as it was already planned. Once that is added the whole legacy system will shine. Honestly it will, for what it was design to be.

The key component is... Micro Transactions

I say... December the latest.

Damask_Rose
06.08.2012 , 03:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Staalker View Post
Sadly, the entire Legacy system is rather useless at this point. If you are planning to level a new alt, you can find some useful things in there for a little while, but there aren't many players left who are going to level new alts.
As someone who plays alts at a variety of levels, I have to say, I think you are wrong on this point. The low level planets are just as populated, if not more so, than the high level planets. Not everyone started in beta and not everyone pushed to max out all of their characters. The buffs and skills acquired from legacy really do help alts solo content.
Visit my strongholds! Cedaric on the Shadowlands