Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 8th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 8th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Glzmo
06.11.2012 , 12:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
However, we don't use it to answer questions based on the popularity of the question - for big things that we know are very important to the community (like upcoming character transfers), we'll use standalone blogs or similar methods as soon as we have information to share instead of waiting to put it in a Q&A. We are always very aware of what the important issues are in the community, and we're dedicated to addressing those as soon as we're able, but the Community Q&A is not the venue we'll generally use to address that kind of topic.
Thank you for the clafification. Do chat bubbles fall under that category as well? If so, when can we expect a standalone blog about them or even a little status update and which patch to expect them in?

JeramieCrowe
06.11.2012 , 01:19 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
I'd like to talk a little more about how we select questions for the Q&A and what its goals are. The intent of the Community Q&A is for us to answer some specific game-related questions from the community - especially those about how something works or why we chose to make something work in a particular way. Sometimes, we can answer questions about upcoming content (when we have the information), and sometimes we'll address concerns or questions about upcoming changes (such as class changes in an update or other changes that are of interest to the community).

However, we don't use it to answer questions based on the popularity of the question - for big things that we know are very important to the community (like upcoming character transfers), we'll use standalone blogs or similar methods as soon as we have information to share instead of waiting to put it in a Q&A. We are always very aware of what the important issues are in the community, and we're dedicated to addressing those as soon as we're able, but the Community Q&A is not the venue we'll generally use to address that kind of topic. We also may not be able to answer some questions about upcoming content if we have no new details or information to share.

Thanks to everyone for your continuing participation in the Community Q&A!
I'd imagine that the open-world PvP revamp would fall under the category of "standalone blogs", but really, any kind of crumb, at this point, would be seriously appreciated.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Destoroyah
06.11.2012 , 04:13 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
Isn't internal defense the thing that protects against tech and force?
Between talents and sorc/sage buff tanks can get like... 15%ish right?
To my understanding energy, kinetic, internal, and elemental is the damage type dealt that which facters in whether or not your armor will be used against it and which damage redustion value is used. Also elemental/internal bypass armor to my knowledge as armor doesn't increase your internal and elemental damage reduction and only increases your kinetic and energy damage reductions.
Where as ranged, melee, force, and tech are the type of attack your doing so they can factor in what defense type is used to deflect or be the first line of mitigation in the case melee/ranged for shielding. Also as a sidenote defence rating doesn't increase force/tech defence.
So basically you could have a melee/internal attack that can be deflected and uses your internal damage reduction(bypass armor).
Then you could have a tech/kinetic that can't be deflected or shielded , but will use your armor for the kinetic damage reduction.
Finally you can have a Force/Elemental attack that will bypass deflection and shielding and will bypass armor only using you elemental damage reduction. This is one of the reasons pyrotech powertechs are so potent is cause they use mostly tech attacks and many of their attacks are elemental based.

So there is a difference between force/tech and internal/elemental. And the general point I was making in my previous post is the total lack of means to raise your force/tech defence as to my knowledge there is no talent or ability that raises it. So while they were technically correct in that you could defend one of these attacks cause the system is inplace to do so, in reality your likely to never see it happen cause of lack of values added those areas.

Deewe
06.11.2012 , 06:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
I'd imagine that the open-world PvP revamp would fall under the category of "standalone blogs", but really, any kind of crumb, at this point, would be seriously appreciated.
Considering how much you defend this game they should VIP fly you to Austin and answer to every each question you have!

P.S.: totally agree on the world PvP part so far it feels like the Sarlacc...
-----
[HOW_TO] Mouse look toogle

Vandetta
06.13.2012 , 11:33 PM | #25
I have some questions about some things about IN-Game guild options and the Forums
1 I need to up date my forums account to reflect my in game toon at some point is there going to be an option to change my avatars name with out messing up my account.
2 We need to have an option for guild leaders that tells Guild leaders when someone became a member of the guild, I have a PvP guild with over 200+ members and before the server migrations i did not have an option to see when someone became a member of the guild and this will help with ranks and understanding the guild members a little better.
3 will there be an option to add tax to a guild soon The guild bank is so high I just don't want to fork over almost 12 mil in creds in progression for my guild to use and i get no return
4 PLEASE ADD BAGS TO THE GAME
◘ Blood of the Acolytes ◘
is now recruiting. PVP & PVE members W/ GUILD BANK OPTIONS, 50ís is always welcome. We use vent for our events. We offer a website for calendar meetings. So if you are in need of an active guild ask for your invite. My name is Phasam in game Server is The Fat Man