Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 8th, 2012

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A Blog Discussion: June 8th, 2012
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

metalgearyoda
06.08.2012 , 04:30 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hey everyone,

Please discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!
I am a "fan boi" and even I think that this was terrible.

Somehow calling it in was worse than nothing at all.

Tell me what you plan for space or something.
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Destoroyah
06.08.2012 , 05:38 PM | #12
I think the force/tech miss rate question was funny. While technically you could miss with these attacks. They didn't mention the fact players start with nada defence in these categories with next to nill ways to raise it, and since accuracy starts with a force/tech hit rate of 100%. Where as the accuracy for melee/ranged is 90% and also all players start with 5% innate defence for melee/ranged, so you would need 15% (10% to bring up to 100% and a additional 5% to negate the players innate defence) to be able to have no miss with ranged/melee attacks against a character with no further defence increases. So basically force/tech are always going hit cause there is nothing counterproductive against the accuracy. Only way I can see you missing with a force/tech attack is to get a accuracy debuff on you and most of those are low enough 5-10% bonus accuracy will easily negate it and not all work on force/tech accuracy.

What I found funny about the answer to the question was will technically they got the systems in place to make it possible to miss with a force/tech attack, they don't provide the players a means to really take advantage of the system.

metalgearyoda
06.09.2012 , 05:57 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Destoroyah View Post
I think the force/tech miss rate question was funny. While technically you could miss with these attacks. They didn't mention the fact players start with nada defence in these categories with next to nill ways to raise it, and since accuracy starts with a force/tech hit rate of 100%. Where as the accuracy for melee/ranged is 90% and also all players start with 5% innate defence for melee/ranged, so you would need 15% (10% to bring up to 100% and a additional 5% to negate the players innate defence) to be able to have no miss with ranged/melee attacks against a character with no further defence increases. So basically force/tech are always going hit cause there is nothing counterproductive against the accuracy. Only way I can see you missing with a force/tech attack is to get a accuracy debuff on you and most of those are low enough 5-10% bonus accuracy will easily negate it and not all work on force/tech accuracy.

What I found funny about the answer to the question was will technically they got the systems in place to make it possible to miss with a force/tech attack, they don't provide the players a means to really take advantage of the system.
Isn't internal defense the thing that protects against tech and force?
Between talents and sorc/sage buff tanks can get like... 15%ish right?
Ganking leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to pvp.
The Swtor forum attracts trolls because the forums are more fun than raiding dragon soul.
Complaining is the new meta game.

Blondesolid
06.09.2012 , 07:41 AM | #14
Goldenstar: Daniel Erickson mentioned in the last Q&A that social points will now be awarded for boss kills in HM FPs/OPs. What about PvPers? Are there any plans to add methods of acquiring social points to PvP?

Quote:
Damion: At this time, players won’t be able to gain social points by participating in PvP.
I just find it funny in my tiny little brain that there prolly will never be any social points gained from players working with players to attack other players, as opposed to players working with players attacking npc's

Tenceriker
06.09.2012 , 08:30 AM | #15
This week's was so lackluster not many even decided to post.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

psi_overtake
06.09.2012 , 11:43 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
I think Sith Inquisitors/Consulars start with 10% innately.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blondesolid View Post
I just find it funny in my tiny little brain that there prolly will never be any social points gained from players working with players to attack other players, as opposed to players working with players attacking npc's
Yeah, that also really threw me off. I wonder how they could fix it. Give social points per match finished? Have a mini-conversation at the beginning of the WZ? That one conversation piece alone could give you 8-16 points, lol.
PsiSniper Sniper & PsiOvertake Sorcerer (Updated July 5, 2012)
Ascend / Consumed / Art of War
The Brony Legacy
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Let's show them how Imperial Intelligence handles things! Pa-Chow!

Beakertanks
06.11.2012 , 08:57 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by metalgearyoda View Post
Internal/Elemental resistance works against internal elemental attacks. Those will invariably be force or Tech but not all force and tech attacks are internal/elemental. The deal with internal/elemental is that they ignore armor.
Kira Carson: "It's like all the fashion designers in the galaxy went over to the Empire."
Me: "Yes. Yes they have."

Valkirus
06.11.2012 , 08:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by BenjaminminU View Post
Agree with this, its like the devs picked the easiest questions again, rather than questions that people want answering.
I agree.
Trust is something which is earned.

AllisonBerryman
06.11.2012 , 10:51 AM | #19 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I'd like to talk a little more about how we select questions for the Q&A and what its goals are. The intent of the Community Q&A is for us to answer some specific game-related questions from the community - especially those about how something works or why we chose to make something work in a particular way. Sometimes, we can answer questions about upcoming content (when we have the information), and sometimes we'll address concerns or questions about upcoming changes (such as class changes in an update or other changes that are of interest to the community).

However, we don't use it to answer questions based on the popularity of the question - for big things that we know are very important to the community (like upcoming character transfers), we'll use standalone blogs or similar methods as soon as we have information to share instead of waiting to put it in a Q&A. We are always very aware of what the important issues are in the community, and we're dedicated to addressing those as soon as we're able, but the Community Q&A is not the venue we'll generally use to address that kind of topic. We also may not be able to answer some questions about upcoming content if we have no new details or information to share.

Thanks to everyone for your continuing participation in the Community Q&A!

Izorii
06.11.2012 , 12:54 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenceriker View Post
This week's was so lackluster not many even decided to post.
Yeah. I always post a question because I assume if someone has to compile them it means my question has to be read even if its not answered, but almost never bother with the Discusss the QA becuase on a normal week the answers are to questions I dont care about or so pointless they dont tell me anything.

Now I know they cant answer 10 questions on topics I might want to know. However you would expect every week at least one question and answer on something which i care about.

Still I am happy to see the Q and A thread every week as I get to post my question and hope to get an answered and that even if its not answered maybe its being thought about.